PDA

View Full Version : TheMOR and Motion will be happy!!

Timmy54
04-23-2007, 02:18 PM
yes, i know, i have been holding out for a while but it has finally come to pass....timmy bought a xbox360!!! I saw rainbow six vegas this past weekend and just couldnt hold out any longer. I ordered a bundle online and will be here in a couple of days.

Question tho! What important needs do i need instead of the system, extra controlers, controller quick charge and wireless ethernet?? I need to know

also, what downloads do i need/want that are availible. which freebeies are worth a look! I have no idea how to do that yet but will learn by trial and error.

Motion
04-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Congrats on your purchase. :D

Sounds like you have the necessities covered.

Not sure if your into racing games, but Forza Motorsports 2 comes out at the end of May. Pretty much the sole reason I'll end up with a 360 as well.

Timmy54
04-23-2007, 02:38 PM
thanks man, i may have to give that a look as well

Skeet84
04-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Congrats on your purchase. :D

Sounds like you have the necessities covered.

Not sure if your into racing games, but Forza Motorsports 2 comes out at the end of May. Pretty much the sole reason I'll end up with a 360 as well.

Mine is Halo 3

Timmy54
04-23-2007, 02:46 PM
yeah i have a feeling Halo 3 will be owned

UltraDol-Fan
04-23-2007, 04:35 PM
you will need a play and charge kit if you don't want to buy a bunch of batteries, and all the arcade games have demos so just download all the ones you think look cool. If you ever play at friends houses be sure to pick up a memory unit to take your profile with you.

Agent51
04-23-2007, 07:39 PM
you will need a play and charge kit if you don't want to buy a bunch of batteries, and all the arcade games have demos so just download all the ones you think look cool. If you ever play at friends houses be sure to pick up a memory unit to take your profile with you.

Or you could just buy the Kodak 1hr rapid charger and it charges both types of AA and AAA batteries (Ni-MH and Ni-Cd) and you won't have to be "wired" to the console, defeating the purpose of wireless controllers, and it can be used to charge ALL your batteries, like remotes and digital cameras, etc.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

DisturbedShifty
04-24-2007, 03:04 AM
At least get Gears of War, play it on the hardest setting you can so that it is fun. And get Castelvaina Symphony of the Night from Arcade. And also down load all the Halo 3 videos.

Timmy54
04-24-2007, 09:46 AM
wow they have castlevania!! oh man that is so hott, that was my game back in the old days

washFin84
04-24-2007, 06:13 PM
congratulations on the purchase.

I like the above idea purchasing the rechargeable AA batteries that you could use in any thing that takes AA's.

I however own a 360 battery pack and charger. I have to take my battery pack of the controller to plug it into the charger in the wall. (there is space for two battery packs)

My friend bought a play and charge kit. When his battery is low he can leave his battery pack in the controller and plug in one end of the cord into the controller and the other end is usb. So while he is playing his battery pack is charging. Me on the other hand I have to break out the expensive energizers while mine is charging. If I was to do it again I'd buy the play and charge kit like my friend.

I hope I was clear enough for you to understand what I was trying to say. Plus I believe the play and charge kit my friend purchased was cheaper. That damn Best Buy sales man wasn't clear to me when I was trying to understand xbox's various chargers and batteries. He had no idea!

in regards to RB6 vegas, I have spend quite a bit of time since xmas ranking up. I believe I finally made it to an officer position like 1st Lt. or something like that (one gold bar) just a few weeks ago. My same friend told me that there is a map pack out with some new maps for 800 pts. (probably been posted here) Anyways if you're looking for someone to play with let me know.

washFin84
04-24-2007, 06:35 PM
also, what downloads do i need/want that are availible. which freebeies are worth a look! I have no idea how to do that yet but will learn by trial and error.
Sorry, I didn't see this part and thought I'd respond again.

The xbox live interface is pretty easy to use and you'll pick it up really quick.

I like to download anything and everything that looks interesting. Just select what you want and it goes into a que to download and even remembers it's there if you turn the 360 off. My 20gb hd has filled up pretty quick several times, but I just delete as I need to.

I downloaded all the new soccer game demos (3 of them) to see which one I liked better. I also found a great air/sea battle demo that you can play online multiplayer. It's called Midway Battle or something, it's just a demo, but really fun. Battleships, fighter planes, and subs. There are several demos that over multiplayer gaming. Virtually all demos are out there to test before you purchase, so play it for free before you rent or buy games.

You'd probably be pretty surprised on what's our there to download. You wanna watch an episode of Macquvyer, it's there. Ohh, a particular episode of South Park? It's there too. Not to mention movies and all. The shows and movies are all for a small fee like a couple bucks worth of pts. They only show I have downloaded though was a free hd version of South Park episode where the kids walk around the town like Street Fighters with weapons.

I hope I helped. I really like what MS has done with the 360.

That's enough for me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timmy54
04-26-2007, 10:11 AM
thats for the help man, just hooked up last night!!!!!! and after dealing with some firewall issues (damn 360 needs to have better customer service) i must say i am very impressed. New gamer tag is timmy p 54 and will have vegas tonight, but gears of war is awesome!!!!

mor911
04-26-2007, 10:19 AM
I wonder why you chose Motion and The Mor (of all people) to be proud of you :lol:

Phin-o-rama
04-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Motion will own a 360 soon enough :D

Timmy54
04-26-2007, 10:36 AM
I wonder why you chose Motion and The Mor (of all people) to be proud of you :lol:
heck your going to be my trial on adding someone to my buddy list! number one with a bullet.:sidelol: