PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh to appear on ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown

dolphan39
07-14-2003, 05:11 PM
Rush Limbaugh to appear on ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=limbaughespn&prov=st&type=lgns)
Rush is a great communicator and a fan's fan," said ESPN executive vice president Mark Shapiro. "His acute sense of what's on the minds of listeners combined with his ability to entertain and serve as a lightning rod for lively discussion makes him the perfect fit for this new role." :nono:

iceblizzard69
07-14-2003, 05:33 PM
:down:

This is dumber than having Dennis Miller in the booth for MNF.

Prime Time
07-14-2003, 05:34 PM
Who is this?

MoFinz
07-14-2003, 07:33 PM
LMAO....i'm all for it, Rush is a riot, and actually pretty knowledgable about sports

Prime Time
07-14-2003, 11:17 PM
:nono:

ohall
07-15-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by dolphan39
Rush Limbaugh to appear on ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=limbaughespn&prov=st&type=lgns) :nono:

Great idea, he use to be the color guy I think during the 80's for the baseball KC Royals. So he does have a sports background.

Rush will bring a huge audience that may not be there without him for Sunday night countdown.

Oliver...

TerryTate
07-15-2003, 12:45 AM
Rush Limbaugh is a radio personality that is so far right on the political scale, hes almost a nazi...he has his show from 12-3 i believe on 610 WIOD during the week, syndicated nationwide....

ohall
07-15-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
Rush Limbaugh is a radio personality that is so far right on the political scale, hes almost a nazi...he has his show from 12-3 i believe on 610 WIOD during the week, syndicated nationwide....

That's uncalled for. He may be far right, but the Nazi thing is out of line IMO.

IMO he makes alot of sense. I don't listen to his radio show, other than say once a month, but I agree with him on most things, and I'm no a Nazi.

Oliver...

baccarat
07-15-2003, 01:05 PM
I think he could make things interesting for a pregame show for the Sunday night game. I wonder who his favorite team is. Either way, it's a hit or miss thing. He'll either be great or lousy on ESPN.

M-REAL
07-15-2003, 03:11 PM
39, I wish Rush would replace Madden on MNF. I wonder why in the world Miller got the job over him in the first place. But either way, that's cool of his new job.

TerryTate
07-16-2003, 12:28 AM
i never said he was a nazi....

ohall
07-16-2003, 01:09 AM
i never said he was a nazi....

OK you want to play technical, great. Almost a Nazi is just as offensive IMO, and uncalled for. It's like calling a liberal or Democratic radio personality almost a Communist, it's not appropriate IMO.

To each their own.

Oliver...

MOULDSROCKS
07-16-2003, 01:24 AM
he is a moron....

baccarat
07-16-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by marcusreal
39, I wish Rush would replace Madden on MNF. I wonder why in the world Miller got the job over him in the first place. But either way, that's cool of his new job.

He was considered.

"Was considered for the then-vacant color analyst position on ABC's "Monday Night Football" that went to Dennis Miller."

http://us.imdb.com/Bio?Limbaugh,%20Rush

I liked the Miller, Michaels and Fouts trio on MNF.

M-REAL
07-16-2003, 12:31 PM
Thanks boo, for the link. WOW, he was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame? Being not able to hear is hard for people, but really hard for someone in radio talk. Amazing.

TerryTate
07-16-2003, 05:41 PM
as much as we all hate how retarded Madden is, he still belongs there with Al Michaels....he belongs there so we can make fun of him....:)
besides its not long before he croaks anyways...give it a few more years...

t2thejz
07-17-2003, 09:56 PM
Rush Limbaugh is a radio personality that is so far right on the political scale, hes almost a nazi...he has his show from 12-3 i believe on 610 WIOD during the week, syndicated nationwide.... That was a stupid thing to say.

TerryTate
07-18-2003, 01:31 AM
whatever man thats how i feel about it, everyone is entitled to their opinion.........

PhinstiGator
07-19-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by booyeah_
I think he could make things interesting for a pregame show for the Sunday night game. I wonder who his favorite team is. Either way, it's a hit or miss thing. He'll either be great or lousy on ESPN.

Rush is a big Pittsburgh Steeler fan. He does know football...he played on the offensive line in HS.

However, since he does live in South Florida and knows our owner WAYNE H... he should be able to come up with some insights about our Dolphin team.

All politics aside...Rush is a top broadcaster that brings his own unique perspective. He will do his homework and perhaps he will voice an opinion that does more than just spout stupid cliches by a bunch of X-players that have been hit in the head one too many times.

otto105
07-24-2003, 02:35 AM
Ok, rusty is a moron nazi.

Barbarian
07-28-2003, 03:18 AM
Dr. Z over at SI kinda summed up my feelings on this move in his Mailbag article...

Duncan of Fairfax, Va., wants my thoughts on Rush Limbaugh being added to ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown. "Personally, I'm getting ready to break out the pitchfork and find me a couple of torches," he writes, "but I suppose I'll have to make do with just not watching the show." Careful about hints of terrorism, Dunc. Not only the FBI, but the Justice Department monitors columns such as these for any hints of terrorist threats. To say nothing of the Department of Agriculture and the Attorney General's Office, which is exactly what I'd like to say about them. Not that I don't agree with everything you've said. I most certainly do. It's funny, on Thursday afternoon I did an interview on ESPN Radio, only because I wanted to present my Limbaugh views right up front. So I ranted and raved for a while about how ABC set the idiot-tone with its Dennis Miller venture. But Miller, while being a football ignoramus, at least wasn't mean, in direct contrast to this Limbaugh character, who's not only stupid and nasty, but stupid and nasty at the top of his voice. The pity of it is that I used to enjoy watching Countdown, but of course I won't tune in anymore. And what do you think the radio guy said? Right on cue he came in with, "See that, we're all talking about him." To which I retorted that we talk about murderers, too, and thugs and all manner of aberrant behavior, which doesn't mean that we want to include it as expert commentary on the football scene. I hope to God this is the last reference to Limbaugh that I'll have to make.
:patriot: :sailor: