PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare announced

Medieval954
04-25-2007, 07:45 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Activision has confirmed Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare with CVG this afternoon, saying that a first video from the sequel will be shown in the US at the weekend.

CoD 4 is being developed by Infinity Ward (responsible for the original Call of Duty game on PC and Call of Duty 2), and the video will show during the NFL draft on ESPN over the pond at 1pm EDT/10am PDT.

We're expecting to have the video shortly after it's airing on ESPN.

Activision isn't spilling any details on Modern Warfare, but rumour of the sequel hitting back in March 2006 suggested it deals with tackling terrorists around the globe in an attempt to thwart plans that involve unleashing an arsenal of chemical weapons.

Players, according to the rumour, will operate as part of the S.A.S., US Marines and the US Army, with the action occurring in such locations as the Middle-East, the streets of Eastern Europe, aboard sea vessels in the North Atlantic and London.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=162731

How about that, a FPS not set in World War II. :eek2:

Majpain
04-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Wow it may actually be good. I hope it strays from the arcade style gameplay.

Bruzer
04-25-2007, 08:50 PM
different era same gameplay most likely being able to run and gun. Oh well its fun somewhat still.

Majpain
04-25-2007, 10:36 PM
different era same gameplay most likely being able to run and gun. Oh well its fun somewhat still.

Bleh.

PeaTearGriffin
04-26-2007, 07:23 AM
well at least infinity ward is developing it

Bruzer
04-26-2007, 08:11 AM
I would like new gameplay but I doubt it changes most companies don't change they think well it sold before so why fix whats not broken (as far as sales) why take their chance and hurt their sales.

It will sell the fact because they have a history of good shooters and being modern warfare it will sell like hotcakes regardless of gameplay.

Offerdahl56
04-26-2007, 09:03 AM
i love the call of duty games....but this sounds a little too much like the Tom Clancy games...