PDA

View Full Version : Banks says "Quinn to Browns at #3"

LouPhinFan
04-26-2007, 12:08 AM
Don Banks over at CNNSI.com says the Browns are going to take Quinn at #3

Link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/04/25/trades/1.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/04/25/trades/1.html)

• A league source told me the Browns "are locked in'' on taking Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn in their No. 3 slot. Cleveland will bypass Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson, even though the Browns signed ex-Ravens rusher Jamal Lewis to just a one-year deal.
While Cleveland owner Randy Lerner has been in favor of Quinn for a while now, Browns general manager Phil Savage is now said to be firmly on board with the pick, even though he and head coach Romeo Crennel are entering a potentially pivotal third season running the organization. In some ways, drafting Quinn, a rookie franchise quarterback, buys Savage and Crennel more time to turn around the Browns' flagging fortunes

That doesn't bode well for us drafting Quinn. If we don't get him, I wouldn't be heart broken since there will be much more to chose from in next year's QB crop.

#1dolphinsfan
04-26-2007, 12:37 AM
I dont think the browns will take him i think They will take Adrian Peterson they only signed Jamal Lewis to a one year contract and i think they might even take Calvin Johnson

showstopper
04-26-2007, 12:48 AM
The only hope for Quinn coming to Miami, is Russell not being drafted by the Raiders and dropping to the Browns at #3, that is the only way.
Ginn or Staley with or without a trade-down will be our first pick, and that's still a great start on Saturday.

ohiobryan
04-26-2007, 12:49 AM
browns will take peterson or thomas.

ohiobryan
04-26-2007, 12:50 AM
don banks is a jets fan hello!

tmny99
04-26-2007, 12:55 AM
Don Banks over at CNNSI.com says the Browns are going to take Quinn at #3

Link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/04/25/trades/1.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/04/25/trades/1.html)

That doesn't bode well for us drafting Quinn. If we don't get him, I wouldn't be heart broken since there will be much more to chose from in next year's QB crop.

Next year's class? We're definitely taking a QB on Saturday with a first day pick.

PROBALL9954
04-26-2007, 01:24 AM
Why all phin fan's want B.Quin given idias to trade and moving up at the draft.What about C.Johnson his the best player people thinks he will end up with the bucs why not trade move up for him.C Johnson make impact first season who ever he'll end up with.

DolFan31
04-26-2007, 02:49 AM
Im guessing were going to take a QB in the 2nd round.

DonShula84
04-26-2007, 03:00 AM
That would be horrible. I dont want to become a Browns fan and it'll be hard for Quinn to succeed in that dump.

max68
04-26-2007, 03:08 AM
If we can't pick Quinn it's better we pick no QB at all in this draft, next year there are very good QBs like Brohm and Brennan, Qbs I think are better then Quinn

DonShula84
04-26-2007, 03:10 AM
If we can't pick Quinn it's better we pick no QB at all in this draft, next year there are very good QBs like Brohm and Brennan, Qbs I think are better then Quinn

Who's to say we'll be picking in the top 10 again next year to have a shot at either of those qbs though?

JG718
04-26-2007, 03:17 AM
I want Levi Brown anyway

max68
04-26-2007, 03:30 AM
With Cpep. Lemon or Green at QB I'm sure we'll pick in the top 10 next year

DonShula84
04-26-2007, 04:38 AM

:lol: good point

LouPhinFan
04-26-2007, 06:15 AM
Who's to say we'll be picking in the top 10 again next year to have a shot at either of those qbs though?

I have a printout of our schedule for next year hanging in my cubicle at work already. I was looking at it the other day, and I think we'll finish somewhere around .500. Either 7-9, 8-8, or maybe 9-7. That would have us picking anywhere from 10 - 20. We would have to move up a few spots to grab Brohm or Brennan. Henne and Booty would probably be there without moving up.

Alex44
04-26-2007, 06:20 AM
I still say Russell to Cleveland. Also teams have KNOWN Adrian was injured, yet still fawned over him. I think all this 'OMG Now it's Quinn at #3' talk is just fans over reacting.

1) Johnson
2) Detroit trades out (Someone could take Quinn here I suppose)
3) Russell

What happens after that is anyones guess.

Besides I don't think any smart team is going to tell anyone what they are doing before the draft unless they have the #1 pick. Cleveland telling ANYONE they are taking Quinn immediately throws up the flag to any team that wants him that they need to trade up.

TampaFinsFan01
04-26-2007, 06:33 AM
don banks is a jets fan hello!

Uh...what does this have to do with Cleveland taking Quinn? Its been well known for weeks if not longer that the Browns are interested in Quinn.

Jets fan or not, everything in this draft is contingent on what the Raiders do with the first pick. If they pick J Russell, I'd say our chances at Quinn are less than 50%. If they take C. Johnson, I'd say our chances are probably 75% of landing our QB BQ.

TampaFinsFan01
04-26-2007, 06:37 AM
Why all phin fan's want B.Quin given idias to trade and moving up at the draft.What about C.Johnson his the best player people thinks he will end up with the bucs why not trade move up for him.C Johnson make impact first season who ever he'll end up with.

Again, its all key on what the Raiders do. If they take JR, TB moves up to #2 to draft CJ. If the Raiders take CJ, then I think the Bucs will probably take Joe Thomas or Gaines Adams, but don't be surprised if they go with LaRon Landry. If CJ is on the board, we won't be able to trade up ahead of Tampa.

TampaFinsFan01
04-26-2007, 06:44 AM

You still take a QB this draft...If Brohm or Henne or the kid from SC falls to us next year, then you make a decision based on the evals of those QBs plus the year you've had with the kid you pick this year. It wouldn't be unheard of that the best QB isn't the first one or two taken. Beck, Kolb, or Edwards might end up being the class of the organization. Neither Montana, Favre, Brady, Marino, etc, etc, were the first two QBs taken. Favre wasn't picked until the second round and I think JM was taken in the third.

We don't know how this is going to shake out. But you certainly don't count on whats coming out next year to determine your strategy this year. That would be certifiably insane.

Alex44
04-26-2007, 06:47 AM
You still take a QB this draft...If Brohm or Henne or the kid from SC falls to us next year, then you make a decision based on the evals of those QBs plus the year you've had with the kid you pick this year. It wouldn't be unheard of that the best QB isn't the first one or two taken. Beck, Kolb, or Edwards might end up being the class of the organization. Neither Montana, Favre, Brady, Marino, etc, etc, were the first two QBs taken. Favre wasn't picked until the second round and I think JM was taken in the third.

We don't know how this is going to shake out. But you certainly don't count on whats coming out next year to determine your strategy this year. That would be certifiably insane.

Definitely.

I'd love to see that persons reaction if Beck or Kolb becomes a star but we passed on them, and we are out of range for either QB next year.

PHINANALYST
04-26-2007, 08:38 AM
You absolutely CAN NOT base any draft decisions you make this year off of 'potential' draftees next year ....

It is NOT relevent who may be available next year at QB ...

Vertical Limit
04-26-2007, 08:40 AM
Hey Brian Brohm sounds good to me.

Finfanforever
04-26-2007, 08:47 AM
They may take Quinn BUT....at this stage of the game with only 2 days left before the draft...keep in mind that this is MAJOR SMOKESCREEN TIME! Everybody wants everybody else to think they're taking a very desired player with the hopes that some dim-wit GM will cough up his right testicle and a boat-load of picks to get that desired player. This is one of the deepest drafts in years (except for RB). Some of the upper round 2 players would be round 1 players any other year...EVERYTHING you hear now should be taken with a grain of salt...:wink:

Irish Phin Fan
04-26-2007, 09:44 AM
We'll all know in 2 days.

DUB
04-26-2007, 10:02 AM

Good call.

LouPhinFan
04-26-2007, 06:18 PM
We'll all know in 2 days.

No doubt. I can't wait!!

kennysphins
04-26-2007, 09:24 PM
we will take a q.b in the 1st round if not quinn then we should trade down a couple times and pick trent edwards. its possible russell, quinn. beck, and edwards will all be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd round