PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins to trade up for Brady Quinn

Bikinibottom
04-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Johnathon Brown of Toronto Star Sports Radio said yesterday that he has an inside source that the Dolphins are talking trade with one of the top five teams in the draft.

The trade amounts to the Phins No.1 pick plus one of the second round picks plus a conditional 1st day pick in 2008 and a current player for the rights to move up into the top five and select Brady Quinn.

I think the Dolphins should do this give Cleveland whatever they want and get Brady signed and in Aqua and Orange!!!! Quinn will break all of Dan Marino's record this guy is Joe Montana in the making.

We also need to go ahead and pull the trigger on Trent Green give the chiefs the other 2nd round pick so that Trent can be here ASAP and start teaching Quinn the ropes. What is the point of hoarding draft picks waiting for a rainy day. Well look outside there is a HURRICANE out there!

If we dont trade up and get Quinn at any cost it will be a CAMTASTROPHY!

:koolbang:

fishypete
04-26-2007, 10:56 AM
O'Please....inside source....LOL. There's only two or three people in the world that know what the Dolphins will do...and who they will take...not even that fly...knows for sure.

TheAnswer385
04-26-2007, 10:57 AM
im all about getting Quinn over Trent Green

Motion
04-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Should be a very interesting 1st Round on Saturday to say the least.

Vertical Limit
04-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Johnathon Brown of Toronto Star Sports Radio said yesterday that he has an inside source that the Dolphins are talking trade with one of the top five teams in the draft.

The trade amounts to the Phins No.1 pick plus one of the second round picks plus a conditional 1st day pick in 2008 and a current player for the rights to move up into the top five and select Brady Quinn.

I think the Dolphins should do this give Cleveland whatever they want and get Brady signed and in Aqua and Orange!!!! Quinn will break all of Dan Marino's record this guy is Joe Montana in the making.

lol. I like Quinn a lot and hope we get him but now you're setting the bar way too high on him with that comment.

JG718
04-26-2007, 10:58 AM
I don't think so
We already have seen what trading away our pics has done. Our past regime's have done that practice and it has gotten us nowhere. So calm down. Just to get Greene we might have to give a conditional pick next yr, now your saying give away another one to move into the top 5? Sorry, that sounds like nonsense.

Green Phin
04-26-2007, 11:03 AM

If we trade in the top five, and I don't believe we will, we'll get Joe Thomas, not a QB.
:confused:

jason8er
04-26-2007, 11:03 AM

We also need to go ahead and pull the trigger on Trent Green give the chiefs the other 2nd round pick so that Trent can be here ASAP and start teaching Quinn the ropes. What is the point of hoarding draft picks waiting for a rainy day. Well look outside there is a HURRICANE out there!

The mailboy in Davie must be pocketing some serious coin.

The Aqua Crush
04-26-2007, 11:07 AM
as much as a good scenario would be that he fell in our range or even to the number 6 , i would never want to give away that much for quinn. If we move up that far we better eb taking CJ.

I would be happy getting Beck, Kolb, or stanton in teh second to address our qb situation.

BrazForPhins
04-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Should be a very interesting 1st Round on Saturday to say the least.

Yeah, it should..man, I can't wait Motion..I'm pumped!

The problem is I got a lot of college stuff to do for monday :( I don't know if I'll be able.......to do the college work :lol:

Boone
04-26-2007, 11:25 AM
Quinn will break all of Dan Marino's record this guy is Joe Montana in the making.

:rolleyes2 I doubt it.

DRNEWBEE
04-26-2007, 11:28 AM

Quinn will not break any of Dan's records except amount of Super Bowls won!

phin fan 4 ever
04-26-2007, 11:29 AM
i'm all for trading up for quinn but do u guys think that it's at all possible that the phins trade up and if thomas is availible the fins take him and draft a qb in the second round or hopefully they have a good indication that c-pep is ready

Finfanforever
04-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Nobody knows what the Fins are going to do...not even Cam and Mueller. BECAUSE the 1st 3 picks (Qak, Det, Cleve) will dictate Miami's direction.

emocomputerjock
04-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Did OB get banned and start a new account as Bikinibottom? I can see a move with Cleveland maybe, but anything else is ludicrous.

ohiobryan
04-26-2007, 11:53 AM
hell ya let's make a deal and get the goldenboy brady quinn!

IrishFinatic
04-26-2007, 12:13 PM

Wow dude, you have some pretty high expectations.

zach8111
04-26-2007, 12:16 PM

im gonna quote fishypete (the second poster) and say "o please'' no way. if he is joe montana in the making he wont even come close to marinos records cuz marino almost doubles his stats. he might be good but not the greatest QB ever. no way we should trade up to a top 5 pick and WASTE the whole draft. we cant give up a 1, 2a, decent player, AND a conditional first day pick next year in 2008. NO WAY. beck has a good chance of being good and we could give up nothing for him.

maverick50
04-26-2007, 12:24 PM
:cooldude: I am on the qb john beck bandwagon and if we can we should trade down not up and get us a extra 2nd round draft pick , for isntance if we could trade down with carolina and then get staley and then have 3 2nd round picks . this would allow us to get .
rd 1 ot staley
rd 2a c kalil
rd 2b wr sidney rice
rd 2c qb john beck
rd 3 te ben patrick
rd 4 ot doug datish
rd6 a rb justin vincemt or rb antonio pittman
rd6 b og/ot corry hilliard
rd6 c wr d'juan woods
rd7 a de/olb victor de grate
rd7 b rb dewayne wright
rd7 c a punter

first off let me say i strongly feel that wr d'juan is a better wr then hagan and i would bet the farm on this kid making a impact.
just because a wr is slowre doesnt make him a bad wr and besides hagan isnt fast and he doesnt have good hands so i am standing by my wr just like i always stood by qb brian greise.
when i beleive in a player i beleive in the guy.
look i think there are so many wrs out there but some of you have guys have from other big 12 schools who dont have as good as numbers as d'juan so the bottom line is our offense needs help and lots of it.
f/a olinemen can be a bargin in the later rounds and we can bring in undrafted rookie olinemen to help . why ? because other nfl teams have done this and have had more sucess then we did during the draft.

MrEd
04-26-2007, 12:24 PM

DolfanTom
04-26-2007, 12:43 PM
O'Please....inside source....LOL. There's only two or three people in the world that know what the Dolphins will do...and who they will take...not even that fly...knows for sure.I'm all about getting Quinn in a Dolphins uniform no matter what! All about it!

But you are right on here. Unless your name is Mueller, Cameron or Huizenga, there is no telling what will happen, and even they can only control so much!

Draft Rumors this week and $5.00 will get you a Venti Latte at Starbucks!

nuttie_buddie
04-26-2007, 12:51 PM
i believe we should probably get a young DL with r first pick then drew stanton with r second....but if we got quinn i would not be disappointed....the more i hear n see of this guy the more i like him...
but i would rather see us go young d-fense of lineman

Captain Lou
04-26-2007, 12:54 PM
:cooldude: I am on the qb john beck bandwagon and if we can we should trade down not up and get us a extra 2nd round draft pick , for isntance if we could trade down with carolina and then get staley and then have 3 2nd round picks . this would allow us to get .
rd 1 ot staley
rd 2a c kalil
rd 2b wr sidney rice
rd 2c qb john beck
rd 3 te ben patrick
rd 4 ot doug datish
rd6 a rb justin vincemt or rb antonio pittman
rd6 b og/ot corry hilliard
rd6 c wr d'juan woods
rd7 a de/olb victor de grate
rd7 b rb dewayne wright
rd7 c a punter

first off let me say i strongly feel that wr d'juan is a better wr then hagan and i would bet the farm on this kid making a impact.
just because a wr is slowre doesnt make him a bad wr and besides hagan isnt fast and he doesnt have good hands so i am standing by my wr just like i always stood by qb brian greise.
when i beleive in a player i beleive in the guy.
look i think there are so many wrs out there but some of you have guys have from other big 12 schools who dont have as good as numbers as d'juan so the bottom line is our offense needs help and lots of it.
f/a olinemen can be a bargin in the later rounds and we can bring in undrafted rookie olinemen to help . why ? because other nfl teams have done this and have had more sucess then we did during the draft.

Now that's a very good draft. The game is won in the trenches, and we need new guys up front because the ones we have now can't get it done.

immortalsoul
04-26-2007, 02:03 PM
There is no way that we'd give up that much to trade up to the top 5. If so it would go against everything that Randy and Cam have said related to building your team through the draft and accumulating picks. The most likely thing that will happen in Miami moving up to #6 and only having to give up one pick this year to nab Quinn.

Phins19
04-26-2007, 02:15 PM

I think the Dolphins should do this give Cleveland whatever they want and get Brady signed and in Aqua and Orange!!!!

what a waste if we were to do this.

NawlinsBucFan
04-26-2007, 02:29 PM

I heard this basic rumor with the Fins moving up to 4 in a trade with the Bucs. Just like the Fins, the bucs are moving up to #1, up to #2, down to 7, down to 9 and down to 31.

I hate the week before the draft. :shakeno:

Finsfan1984
04-26-2007, 02:33 PM
lol. I like Quinn a lot and hope we get him but now you're setting the bar way too high on him with that comment.
Absolutely...no way I would ever make that assumption.

SabanHater
04-26-2007, 03:01 PM
2nd round pick for a 38 year old QB??????

Are you insane????

MustangFinFan
04-26-2007, 03:16 PM
gah...i would never give Kansas a 2nd for Trent Green. To move up and get Quinn, i would offer to swap 1sts...one of our 6ths, and Culpepper (or Booker?). the Chiefs will eventually have to release Green anyway.

altho i admit nothing is more important than Franchise QB...so if we DID offer a 1st, 2nd, and 2008 conditional 1st day pick...it wouldnt be so horrible. In the long run itd be worth it i guess.

Boomer
04-26-2007, 03:21 PM
O'Please....inside source....LOL. There's only two or three people in the world that know what the Dolphins will do...and who they will take...not even that fly...knows for sure.

Knowing how a draft room works, I'd think about 20 people know what we're doing.

FinFanOhMan
04-26-2007, 03:27 PM
If we trade in the top five, and I don't believe we will, we'll get Joe Thomas, not a QB.
That would be fine with me since our line would be close to a top five line.