View Full Version : GBN 3-Round Mock 4/26/07

jim1
04-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Has the Dolphins taking:

#9 Laron Landry

#40 Dwayne Jarrett

#60 Drew Stanton

#71 Ilaika Alama-Francis

Quite frankly, I'm not crazy about this mock.

http://www.gbnreport.com/2007projection.html

nolefin
04-26-2007, 11:50 AM
its not that bad

max68
04-26-2007, 11:51 AM
I have seen a lot better

Motion
04-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Swap Jarrett for Grubbs or Blalock and it'd be much better.

jim1
04-26-2007, 12:00 PM

Stanton just doesn't do it for me. Too many issues with his arm and decision making.

zach8111
04-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Stanton just doesn't do it for me. Too many issues with his arm and decision making.
beck is the guy to get

Stefins
04-26-2007, 12:08 PM
I would love that draft.
Jarrett at 40 would be a steal

BigScuingili
04-26-2007, 12:11 PM
If no Quinn, i like the Landry pick with 9. Then Jarrett with the 40 would be ideal with his redzone threat and great hands. After that Kolb with the 60th if still around if not, go with Beck or Stanton int hat order. And either Beekman or Marten with the 71 pick.

Duriel
04-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Where is the o-line? At least one of those 4 needs to be a quality lineman.

Motion
04-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Where is the o-line? At least one of those 4 needs to be a quality lineman.

:yeahthat:

PhinfanUK
04-26-2007, 12:45 PM
It's not a bad mock for us, but I don't see Atlanta trading up to #2 to take another first round reciever. I don't see a lot of that mock happening actually.

Mocks like this seem to be more concerned with presenting possibilities that no one else has rather than being accurate.

kpcane
04-26-2007, 12:51 PM
I like the first 3 picks a lot. With the fourth selection, I think Bush, Hughes, or Free would be much better picks.

Regina Phin
04-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Maybe I'm losing my mind, but I didn't see Beck anywhere in that mock. There's no way that he slides out of the first day. Not a chance.

kpcane
04-26-2007, 12:52 PM
It's not a bad mock for us, but I don't see Atlanta trading up to #2 to take another first round reciever. I don't see a lot of that mock happening actually.

Mocks like this seem to be more concerned with presenting possibilities that no one else has rather than being accurate.

Robert Meachem is 'another first round receiver'. CJ is a surefire pro-bowler. I think Atlanta would be brilliant to move up and get him.

PhinfanUK
04-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Robert Meachem is 'another first round receiver'. CJ is a surefire pro-bowler. I think Atlanta would be brilliant to move up and get him.

At no point did I question Calvin Johnson's ability. Atlanta have bigger needs than at wide reciever, their run defense is terrible and my point is they have already got two former first round picks at wide reciever. They brought Joe Horn in to mentor them and they will be getting Brian Finneran back to full fitness. Why would they give up so much to get to #2?

kpcane
04-26-2007, 01:11 PM
At no point did I question Calvin Johnson's ability. Atlanta have bigger needs than at wide reciever, their run defense is terrible and my point is they have already got two former first round picks at wide reciever. They brought Joe Horn in to mentor them and they will be getting Brian Finneran back to full fitness. Why would they give up so much to get to #2?

Well you shouldn't say he's 'another first round WR' because the other receivers they have are garbage. It doesn't matter if they wasted picks in the past at a position, they don't have anything legitimate there. CJ gives you an incredible talent, and the ability to move the ball. The more the offense is on the field, the less that defense will look so terrible. Think about it.

SQuinn17
04-26-2007, 01:13 PM
grubbs is goin in the first

Motion
04-26-2007, 01:15 PM
grubbs is goin in the first

Yeah most likely but with all these trade rumors theres a slight chance he could slip.

PhinfanUK
04-26-2007, 01:26 PM
Well you shouldn't say he's 'another first round WR' because the other receivers they have are garbage. It doesn't matter if they wasted picks in the past at a position, they don't have anything legitimate there. CJ gives you an incredible talent, and the ability to move the ball. The more the offense is on the field, the less that defense will look so terrible. Think about it.

Joe Horn and Brian Finneran are garbage? :shakeno:

Once again you are trying to tell me I am doubting CJ's talent which I am not doing. Roddy White and Michael Jenkins have all the talent to get the job done, all they need to do is hang on to the ball, and part of that is on Vick.

Atlanta is the number one offensive rushing team in the league yet has one of the worse rushing defenses, the offense has no problem staying on the field.

kpcane
04-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Joe Horn and Brian Finneran are garbage? :shakeno:

Once again you are trying to tell me I am doubting CJ's talent which I am not doing. Roddy White and Michael Jenkins have all the talent to get the job done, all they need to do is hang on to the ball, and part of that is on Vick.

Atlanta is the number one offensive rushing team in the league yet has one of the worse rushing defenses, the offense has no problem staying on the field.

I'm not telling you you're doubting CJ, I'm telling you that you are classifying him as 'another first round WR', which he clearly is not.
Joe Horn hasn't proven a thing as a Falcon, so you can't bring him into this argument. Many thought Peerless Price was the real deal, but once he went to the Falcons, he was trash. Finneran is a 'nice' #2 receiver. Jenkins and White will never be anything more than complementary as well. CJ would allow the other receivers to play in situations more suited to their abilities.

Unfortunately, running is only half the equation. They're 25th in scoring offense. You might wanna take back that 'no problem staying on the field' thing you said back there.

NorFlaFin
04-26-2007, 03:10 PM
I've seen alot worse.