PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins not likely to trade up

Green Phin
04-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Pro Football Weekly says

"It is growing more unlikely that Miami will trade up, with Dolphins’ brass becoming more confident that a good player will fall into their laps."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/wwhi042607.htm

I guess this means no Quinn and no Thomas.:boohoo:

Cannonboy
04-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Well that would suck. Although I herad PFW is not very reliable. Lets hope thats the case. We need Quinn bad if the fins are ever going to get a franchise QB.

PerfectFinz72
04-26-2007, 04:37 PM
I dont know what the hell to believe at this point. I've heard a thousand different things from thousand different experts and analysts....who knows. I think everything is thrown out by every team to get other teams thinking. No one is gonna reveal their draft strategy openly. Theres always hope something crazy will happen.

Fingers
04-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Interesting read. If Johnson goes first, I beleive Miami has a chance to stay at #9 and get Quinn. If Russell goes first, Thomas may fall to number 6 where Miami could trade up and nab him. It is going to get very interesting over the next 24-48 hrs.

FinNuT
04-26-2007, 04:41 PM
nobody really knows anything at this point...its all a bunch of crap..the teams themselves dont even know whats gonna happen because one teams picks affect all the others

dominizzo
04-26-2007, 04:47 PM
goood keep picks build team through the draft

ChambersWI
04-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Don't be overreacting about no getting Quinn or Thomas.

First of all, it is still very likely we can get Quinn at 9. Will it happen? I don't know, but don't assume Detroit and Cleveland are taking QBs; they've got bigger problems. Thomas is, was, and always will be out of reach for us.

Of course the Fins aren't ging to look to trade up now. If Quinn gets past the Browns, the only other team we'd have to worry about is Minny, and they're in love with Travaris Jackson; last year's second round pick. Why start looking to trade up now when you can still get the player you want without giving away picks?

Also, we should be more focused on keeping picks, and gaining more picks this year.

One last thing, don't believe everything you hear the week before the draft. If you did, we'd have Braylon Edwards, and Manny Lawson right now, Broderick Bunkley would be a Bill, Reggie Bush would be a Texan, and Matt Leinart would be a Raider (despite Huff's skills, I garuntee you the Raiders are kicking themselves for not drafting Matty).

Just remember, right now teams are just blowing smoke to get other GMs nervous. Teams did it all the time to Wanny and Spielman.

AZfinfan
04-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Interesting read. If Johnson goes first, I beleive Miami has a chance to stay at #9 and get Quinn. If Russell goes first, Thomas may fall to number 6 where Miami could trade up and nab him. It is going to get very interesting over the next 24-48 hrs.

I would bet my house that Arizona won't pass on Thomas if he is there at 5. They have to fill that position and Thomas would also be arguably BPA at that point. I can't wait to find out!

Roman529
04-26-2007, 05:12 PM
I don't think the Dolphins will trade up either. If Quinn is not there, I think the Phins will take Kolb or Beck in the 2nd. I don't feel this would be a bad thing, but hopefully Quinn will drop to #9....if not, then maybe someone else will drop. I think Levi Brown is the safe pick right now.

cox51
04-26-2007, 05:33 PM
draft patrick willis, gonna be a animal for years to come

jlfin
04-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Well that would suck. Although I herad PFW is not very reliable. Lets hope thats the case. We need Quinn bad if the fins are ever going to get a franchise QB.

I would like Quinn also, but there was the report earlier about AP re-injuring his collarbone in the Fiesta bowl. Apparently all the clubs know about this, but it was reported today.
This development will probably cause Cleveland to lean towards Quinn.

jlfin
04-26-2007, 05:37 PM
I don't think the Dolphins will trade up either. If Quinn is not there, I think the Phins will take Kolb or Beck in the 2nd. I don't feel this would be a bad thing, but hopefully Quinn will drop to #9....if not, then maybe someone else will drop. I think Levi Brown is the safe pick right now.

Detroit is high on Beck. He likely won't last until Miami's 1st pick in the 2nd rd.

phin fan 4 ever
04-26-2007, 05:57 PM
well my fellow phin fans saturday is going to be an intresting day anything can happen, so when saturday comes sit back relax have a cold one and let things unfold, and hopefully they unfold in our favor.

PHINANALYST
04-26-2007, 06:00 PM
I believe that it is more likely that we will trade down slightly, rather than up. Depending upon the 1st 4 picks, of course ....

finfan54
04-26-2007, 07:58 PM
draft patrick willis, gonna be a animal for years to come

Willis Landry Brown Okoye Peterson All possible

kennysphins
04-26-2007, 08:04 PM
cleve. will take quinn with the no# 3 pick
dolphins will trade down to pick #15 with g.b packers draft adrian peterson . phins pick up packers #2 pick also
with the #15 pick dolphins select q.b trent edwards
with round 2a dwayne jarrett
2b......ol
2c......s
what do you all think of this?

Motion
04-26-2007, 08:10 PM
dolphins will trade down to pick #15 with g.b packers draft adrian peterson . phins pick up packers #2 pick also
2b......ol
2c......s

I think thats completely ridiculous to suggest such a major reach.

First off, Pittsburgh has the 15th pick, GB is 16.

At #16 we could be looking at Ginn/Meachem/Staley/Nelson/Carriker/etc.

Edwards is a early 2nd guy at best, someone may reach late 1st but 15 would be extremely foolish.

IdahoPhin
04-26-2007, 08:20 PM
If Dave and Nick would've taken a QB each draft we wouldn't be in this situation. :wink:

TRUEPHIN
04-26-2007, 09:24 PM
2b......ol
2c......s

Nooooooo! I do want to trade down if possible but not for Edwards at 15. I don't want Edwards in the third round much less the first. I like Jarrett as a player but seems like a wasted pick for us. We need a speed WR.

Larry Little
04-26-2007, 10:22 PM
2b......ol
2c......s

Trent Edwards at #16? Have you lost your mind? (Pitt is #15):shakeno:

Dan The Fin Fan
04-26-2007, 10:51 PM
I think thats completely ridiculous to suggest such a major reach.

First off, Pittsburgh has the 15th pick, GB is 16.

At #16 we could be looking at Ginn/Meachem/Staley/Nelson/Carriker/etc.

Edwards is a early 2nd guy at best, someone may reach late 1st but 15 would be extremely foolish.
I AGREE HERE 110% THE 16TH PICK TED GINN or JOE STALEY or J.ANDERSON! One of them will be here and is a good pick here! Beck and Kolb are third rounders, MAYBE! But one will fall to the 4th round where we are trying to get another pick for M.Booker!

DolphinsFan23
04-26-2007, 10:58 PM
nobody really knows anything at this point...its all a bunch of crap..the teams themselves dont even know whats gonna happen because one teams picks affect all the others

Yep ... and from what I hear, nobody will have a clue what the Raiders' owner Al Davis will do until the last few seconds of their time on the clock. That's probably how he wants it knowing him. Who knows what Al Davis might do. He might pick Joe Thomas for all we know. The Raiders have a very bad O-line too.

Lee2000
04-26-2007, 11:38 PM

So both quarterbacks will be gone within the first three picks.

Lee2000