PDA

View Full Version : Mueller is really on top of things

retarmyfinfan
04-26-2007, 06:46 PM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/04/26/a1c_fins_0426.html

That article really shows how dedicated Mueller is. I expected Mueller to know everything there is to know about Beck's football status, but you know you have excercised due dilligence when you know personal info like that and make it a point to call the family. It also sends a message to FA's that the organization cares about personal affairs of it's players. Everyone knows how they swayed Porter to sign. I like that and hopefully that will help attract future players.

daniel3
04-26-2007, 07:17 PM
That'd creep me out though. Next thing you know Beck is opening his door at 1am in mourning and it's Randy asking if he can come in and talk.

Dolfan32323
04-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Wow, I am glad to have him hear in Miami. Nice of him to make the gesture too.

AZStryker
04-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Sorry I just can't get past the age and his background.

Quinn, Stanton, Edwards, Kolb.....and wayyyyyy down the line Beck.

retarmyfinfan
04-26-2007, 07:38 PM

I was talking about Mueller, doesn't really matter who he called but the fact that he is on top of every player and their situation. Makes me feel comfortable going into the draft knowing no stone was unturned.

elite14eva
04-26-2007, 07:48 PM
mueller should be signed to an extention asap.

IdahoPhin
04-26-2007, 07:54 PM

What is wrong with his background? :confused:

Kadiddlehopper
04-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Really makes ya wonder just how we will draft.

ohiobryan
04-26-2007, 08:57 PM
mueller better draft quinn!

AZStryker
04-26-2007, 09:09 PM
What is wrong with his background? :confused:

Go back and read why it took him so long to graduate/finish his college career.

dan the fin
04-26-2007, 09:15 PM

So are u biased against his choice of religion or the fact that he went and helped other people before college. To me that shows good character.

AZStryker
04-26-2007, 09:18 PM
So are u biased against his choice of religion or the fact that he went and helped other people before college. To me that shows good character.

Help other people???? That is hilarious, an absolute riot.

finattic79
04-26-2007, 09:20 PM

Because he was on a mormon mission for 3yrs? Don't think thats any reason to knock him.

AZStryker
04-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Because he was on a mormon mission for 3yrs? Don't think thats any reason to knock him.

Come live out here for a while and you'll understand. Man do I miss Texas.

dan the fin
04-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Help other people???? That is hilarious, an absolute riot.

Ok so what do they do on a Moorman Mission I don't really know for sure. I am not very religious so. But I imagine they are not sitting on the streets smoking crack. I have a friend that is a Moorman all I know is he can't have sex or drink or smoke. I would kill myself.

IdahoPhin
04-26-2007, 09:35 PM
If we pick our players based on religion we will have a hard time fielding a team. Everyone has different beliefs. I don't care what his belief is if he is on our team as long as he helps us win.

retarmyfinfan
04-26-2007, 10:00 PM
If we pick our players based on religion we will have a hard time fielding a team. Everyone has different beliefs. I don't care what his belief is if he is on our team as long as he helps us win.

Agreed. This was not meant to be a religious debate as this is a FOOTBALL forum. Surely Sanf Fran didn't care about Steve Young's BYU affiliation.

ChambersWI
04-26-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm not a huge fan on some of the tactics Mormans use to preach their religion, but that's a poor reason to not like someone.

PHINFAN 4 LIFE
04-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Who the heck cares if John Beck is a mormon ! I don't care if he comes from the planet Mars.If we select him in the 2nd or 3rd round I would be very happy. This guy will be a very good QB.

retarmyfinfan
04-26-2007, 11:12 PM
Who the heck cares if John Beck is a mormon ! I don't care if he comes from the planet Mars.If we select him in the 2nd or 3rd round I would be very happy. This guy will be a very good QB.

I think he will be there in the 3rd.

Tureo
04-26-2007, 11:27 PM

Agreed 100%. If they took him would he be ready to start immediately? If not, how many years does he have to develop?

retarmyfinfan
04-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Agreed 100%. If they took him would he be ready to start immediately? If not, how many years does he have to develop?

Mayock thinks Kolb needs 3 years to develop and by that time he is almsot an UFA. I think Beck won't take as long, but not sure he is the answer. Alot of the highlight clips I seen was with him in the shot gun.

fishypete
04-27-2007, 12:00 AM
Ok so what do they do on a Moorman Mission I don't really know for sure. I am not very religious so. But I imagine they are not sitting on the streets smoking crack. I have a friend that is a Moorman all I know is he can't have sex or drink or smoke. I would kill myself.

Can't have sex....you mean after the 4th wife?

djphinfan
04-27-2007, 02:23 AM
i think the guy meant to suggest thathe was 25 years old already

retarmyfinfan
04-27-2007, 06:49 AM
i think the guy meant to suggest thathe was 25 years old already

That is not that big of a deal. Staubach went to Vietnam and then played football. Dallas just had to find a new QB after 10 years instead of 15. Not comparing to Beck to Staubach or anything, just throwing some numbers out there.

Jaz
04-27-2007, 07:03 AM
I'm not a huge fan on some of the tactics Mormans use to preach their religion, but that's a poor reason to not like someone.
haha

PublixSubsRule
04-27-2007, 07:43 AM
That'd creep me out though. Next thing you know Beck is opening his door at 1am in mourning and it's Randy asking if he can come in and talk.

Kind of like "THE KING" burger King commercials...lol

dlockz
04-27-2007, 08:49 AM
That is not that big of a deal. Staubach went to Vietnam and then played football. Dallas just had to find a new QB after 10 years instead of 15. Not comparing to Beck to Staubach or anything, just throwing some numbers out there.

Well that is one example of success out of like the last 40 years. One major caveat to your example. Dallas waited until the 10th round to draft him Pick 129. So if we wait until the equivilant 4th round I'm cool with it. He will be 26
before the season starts and was 22 as a freshman.