PDA

View Full Version : Please dont draft any linemen

FLOUNDER
04-26-2007, 09:26 PM
In this day in age, when impact players win or lose you ball games. Why in the hell would you draft an Offensive Tackle or D tackle for your first pick? It makes no sense to waist that high of a draft pick on a damn linemen

anybody else agree with me?

Brown42000
04-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Because the game is won in the treches without lineman you won't win any games.

FLOUNDER
04-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Having One linemen will not make a difference at all....

We need to go impact players ASAP. I dont know if you knoticed or not, but miami didnt have a dynomite offense. We need to draft either a QB or a WR

Pompy
04-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Games are won in the trenches......

jnobes7
04-26-2007, 09:32 PM
um A. you dont know football B. the patriots drafted a lineman in the first round alot and look where it got them

and point me out a impact player this draft... oh wait hes going to be taking top 3(CJ) so i dont know where you going with this forum but someone blow it up fast.

FLOUNDER
04-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Games are won in the trenches......

Well im glad we have a QB we can depend on....

FLOUNDER
04-26-2007, 09:35 PM
um A. you dont know football B. the patriots drafted a lineman in the first round alot and look where it got them

And i just love how Tom Brady and Troy Brown credit there success to there offensive linemen. Stupid post

jnobes7
04-26-2007, 09:36 PM
qb has nothing to do with impact players you nimrod. jesus, everyone knows you need a qb and there are bout 5 impact type qbs and guess what charlie, we aren't getting one.

so instead of wasting high picks on qbs who wont make it, lets at least control the line of scrimmage.

dan the fin
04-26-2007, 09:36 PM
I think you should stop now O-line is very important and good teams always have a good o-line. Watch the whole game not just the highlights on sportscenter.

FLOUNDER
04-26-2007, 09:37 PM
and point me out a impact player this draft

Teddy Ginn, Calvin Johnson, Brady Quinn, Adrian Peterson, Shall i go on??

jnobes7
04-26-2007, 09:38 PM
i live in new england, and they do credit their offensive linemen, why do u think brady will never say he won the game, because its a team effort... just go back to your West Virginia college ball where IMPACT players can run all over people who arent going to the next step...

Troy brown is no impact player btw...

and guess who gives the pats the opportunity to win? their defensive line.

jnobes7
04-26-2007, 09:38 PM
i named CJ if you know how to read.

jnobes7
04-26-2007, 09:39 PM
and how are u a dolphins fan if your all about highlights on the offensive side of the ball? shouldn't u be a colts fan or something? besides they just won the superbowl , go jump on that wagon before the wheels fall off

ChambersWI
04-26-2007, 09:40 PM
we need to draft atleast 1 offensive lineman first day. It doesn't matter who your QB is if he doesn't have protection, he ain't doin jack. Now that doesn't mean we reach for guys, but we do need to get good O-Linemen.

We also should look at young D-linemen. Of all our DL under 30, only Matt Roth is a first day pick.

The only player I would take at 9 right now that wasn't some type of linemen is Quinn, maybe Landry.

And O-Lineman aren't impact players? Ogden,Jones,Glenn,Pace,Ferguson,Light,Mankins,Hutchinson,Mangold,Birk, McKinney,Steinbach,Kruetz,Tait,Whale, and Faneca among many others will disagree.

Ask the Cardinals and Raiders, or better yet, our own team how much the OL means.

Brown42000
You can have the greatest quarterback of all time but without a good o-line you aren't going to win many games.

dominizzo
I Agree// Get them in later rounds

TRUEPHIN
04-26-2007, 09:41 PM
In this day in age, when impact players win or lose you ball games. Why in the hell would you draft an Offensive Tackle or D tackle for your first pick? It makes no sense to waist that high of a draft pick on a damn linemen

:shakeno:

You must be kidding. I can understand if you want to draft a particular player first and he is not a lineman, but linemen are a waste? What QB performs good behind a bad oline? If the QB can't perform, how can't WR expect to contribute much? Not only that, but poor blocking can lead to injured QBs and RBs. I guess you want our QBs and RBs to "impact" the bench and the IR. :( I'm not even going to get in to the importance of the dline right now.

kkcow15
04-26-2007, 09:41 PM
And i just love how Tom Brady and Troy Brown credit there success to there offensive linemen. Stupid post

without reliable protection you can't run the football and your qb gets sacked, a la our offense last season. its no secret that to win in this league you need a quality left tackle and 4 other solid guys that can get the playmakers the room they need to get down the field. The seahawks going to the superbowl 2 years ago was the direct result of the line, b/c if you look at the statistics about 60-70% of the runs were to that left side and all of alexanders good running was to that side, b/c walter jones and steve hutchinson were on that side. if you discount the value of linemen then try to watch a football game without five guys up front. it also shows how little you know about the finer points of this game. any gm or coach will tell you positions like wr have much less value than left tackle. in fact aside from qb, LT is the most important offensive position. why do you think lineman get paid big bucks?

like cameron says. you build from the inside out. and when they improved that san diego team in 2004 it was b/c they rebuilt the line through the draft. hopefully that is what we will see in miami

FLOUNDER
04-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Our defense is looking good next season. Defense isint the propblem, we just havent been able to put up points. because we dont have a QB we can depened on or wont stay off the IR.

dan the fin
04-26-2007, 09:43 PM
You can tell just by what he said that he has never played football at least a high school level or he would never say such a stupid thing. And why do u think u always hear thing about QB's and Running backs buy gifts for there O-line when they perform good. Please go back and learn the game of Football.

FLOUNDER
04-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Its not that i dont want to draft a OT, just not in the first round.

MassFinFan06
04-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Impact running backs or QB's can not impact anything without a whole to run through or time to pass!:rules: :lifter: :lifter:

FLOUNDER
04-26-2007, 09:45 PM
You can tell just by what he said that he has never played football at least a high school level or he would never say such a stupid thing

Actually, i was an All-state Quarterback in high school. Led the team to a state championship in 2004. Look me up, bluefield high school. Rusty Coeburn.

wow, dont you look like a douchebag

kkcow15
04-26-2007, 09:46 PM
22 of the 32 teams in the nfl had a first round lineman on their starting squad last season. that shows you the value of lineman in this round.

dan the fin
Its not that i dont want to draft a OT, just not in the first round.

Ok that I can understand but you said they are not IMPORTANT and to not draft them. That is a bid difference then saying I don't want an O-lineman with are first pick.

Caliphinfan23
Nevermind that we let go of half our O-lineman. What good is an "impact" QB if the second he touches the ball he is being pile-driven into the turf? Think about all the teams that have won a SB in recent year...or ever for that matter. Common thread: Good O-line. We have: NO O-line ! literally. It's probably a good idea to pick up a guy or two don't ya think?

FLOUNDER
04-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Mis-understanding then. Yes, i want a linemen, no, not the first round

finfan54
04-26-2007, 09:48 PM

I take it you never played football before.:sidelol:

dan the fin
04-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Actually, i was an All-state Quarterback in high school. Led the team to a state championship in 2004. Look me up, bluefield high school. Rusty Coeburn.

wow, dont you look like a douchebag

No I don't cause by what u said it made u look like just what I said. And now u already have changed up by saying I meant not to draft one in the first round. So i would still stand by my initial thoughts based of the info you gave of yourself at the time.

Winbaby#23
04-26-2007, 09:51 PM

wow, dont you look like a douchebagIf you played then you should know without protection for the qb, or holes for the runningback to run thrugh you are virtually done on offense. Just get use to it and quit crying. Levi Brown is gonna be the Dolphins first pick if Quinn isnt there. allright miamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!:tongue:

ChambersWI
04-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Mis-understanding then. Yes, i want a linemen, no, not the first round

if that's what you mean, I partially agree with you. I think there are better OL in the 2nd round, but if Brady Quinn is gone and we can't trade down, I want Levi Brown.

Also this is to everybody in the thread, keep the arguments civil, or we'll have to get some higher ups involved. You can argue, that's part of the fun of a forum, but don't resort to name calling.

Kadiddlehopper
04-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Guess you never got to see Richmond Webb?
Draft: 1990 - 1st round (9th pick) by the Miami Dolphins

FLOUNDER
04-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Why in the hell would you draft an Offensive Tackle or D tackle for your first pick?

From my first post...Do you see what it says

I even made the letters bold so you can read it better

Larry Little
04-26-2007, 09:54 PM

I certainly don't agree. If you can control the line of scrimmage, you control the game. Of course... it all depends on the players available. I like Okoye, Adams, and Branch. I also like Thomas (duh). But I wouldn't take Levi Brown at #9. I like Staley better than Brown, but I also wouldn't reach for him that early.

I'd take the best player available on the board. I don't care what position he plays.

SQuinn17
04-26-2007, 10:03 PM

lay off the pipe homeboy...oline is the reason we've sucked for years

FLOUNDER
04-26-2007, 10:03 PM
If any, i'd prefer allen branch from Michigan

JG718
04-26-2007, 10:22 PM
In this day in age, when impact players win or lose you ball games.
Fragment!

Why in the hell would you draft an Offensive Tackle or D tackle for your first pick? It makes no sense to waist that high of a draft pick on a damn linemen

Pointless!

MastR_EvaluatoR
04-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Miami's o-line has been below average since Richmond Webb left.. It's no coincidence the dolphins have sucked since Richmond Webb left..

Anyone who says players on the line of scrimmage are not of prime importance, and foolish and incredibly delusional.

MastR_EvaluatoR
04-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Why in the hell would you draft an Offensive Tackle or D tackle for your first pick? It makes no sense to waist that high of a draft pick on a damn linemen

Stupid .. As soon as Miami drafted Richmond Webb in the first round, Marino's backside was totally covered .. protecting your franchise QB is of prime importance.. Webb went to Pro Bowls .

Secondly, Miami drafted Defensive Tackle Tim Bowens in the first round one year.. I believe he won defensive rookie of the year in his first season.. And Miami's run defense improved immensely for many MANY years as soon as Tim Bowens was inserted at Nose Tackle .. Bowens went to Pro Bowls..

The proof of how vitally important lineman are is in the pudding .. PERIOD !

Fin Fan in Cali
04-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Well im glad we have a QB we can depend on....
You need to be able to keep a quarterback upright first!:rolleyes2

sadetripod
04-26-2007, 10:33 PM
The Raiders and Redskins go for "impact" players in FA every year, look where they are. Look at the teams with the best lines...Indy, SD, Pats...playoff teams. A good line can make an average Priest Holmes look like a HOFer and a good Ronnie Brown look average. To say we need impact players over lineman means you need to stop playing so much Madden and get in the real world.

Nicky Napoleon
04-26-2007, 10:37 PM

Ummmm no I dont agree, look at teh last few Super Bowl Winners, the one thing they all have in common is at least a good OL some had great OL's.

Indy-Good OL
NE- Very Good OL
Pitt- Very Good OL
TB- Probably the worst OL of a winner in the last 11 years.
Baltimore- Very good OL, piss poor talent on offense outside of Lewis and Heap
St. Louis- Very Good OL
Denver- Very Very good OL

Thats the last 11 winners of the Super Bowl, and two teams did it with defense and a crappy offense.

zach8111
04-26-2007, 10:40 PM

because you cant win a game with no offensive line like miami has tried to do. getting levi brown would be awsome if quinn is gone. then we take rice/gonzalez/jarrett and the john beck. that draft would be the best poossible. then we could go CB and D with others. and pick up a G or C in the later rounds. we need to get a P too, maybe podlesh or carney in the 6-7 round. then another WR in the 7 and try to get a colsten there.

Nicky Napoleon
04-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Not to mention that if you go farther you get into Green Bay, San Fran and Dallas. Super Bowl Winners START IN THE TRENCHES!!!

MastR_EvaluatoR
04-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Not to mention that if you go farther you get into Green Bay, San Fran and Dallas. Super Bowl Winners START IN THE TRENCHES!!!

Agree.. Dallas had the most dominating o-line I've ever seen.. Emmitt Smith had 5 yard wide gaping holes to run through.. They won 3 superbowls because of their o-line..

Their o-line was by far the most dominating area of those Dallas teams.. They just flattened people and made Emmitt Smith a legend.. Smith was overrated by the way . Putting him in Miami, he wouldn't have even gotten half the yards he got in Dallas with that sensational offensive line.

oodolphins
04-26-2007, 10:47 PM

I do agree........................that you don't know anything about football.

:sidelol:

The Confessor
04-26-2007, 10:48 PM
So, we would instantly win by bringing in Brady Quinn....and how is going to throw the ball from his backside?
Ginn? at 9....NOOOOOOOOOOO

This thread gets 1 star, and I bet it ends up being locked or in the depths before it is over....

FLOUNDER
04-26-2007, 10:48 PM
protecting your franchise QB is of prime importance

who would that be exactly?

umpalu
04-27-2007, 12:36 AM
um is there a terrible thread competition at the end of the year because i nominate this one. YOU HAVE A .00000001% chance of finding an awesome left tackle in the later rounds. As for the importance of the o-line just talk to James and his line in Indy and then his line in Arizona. The stats speak for themselves. :shakeno:

jnobes7
04-28-2007, 10:13 AM
vince wilfork was a great first round pick as a DT, you have a problem with him?

and why draft a play making WR , most turn out flops anyways, take detroit as exhibit a

MassMiamiFan
04-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Personal attacks will not be permitted. If you want to be banned and miss Draft Day, keep it up

anybody else agree with me?:sidelol:

O lineman are just as important or if not more important than any glamor boy QB, flashy WR, or skilled RB. They are who open the holes and protect the QB. You don't do those two things than you don't have a chance in hell. I can give you countless examples of teams going downhill for neglecting the O line(we might be an example of that), and teams who's success mirrors that of the offensive line they have built(like how the Jets picked two O lineman in rd. 1 and made the playoffs in 06).

MassMiamiFan
04-28-2007, 10:21 AM
If you guys don't think it's important to draft a tackle early, look at last year's playoff teams. All the teams in the divisional round picked their franchise LT in the first 50 picks.

FinzFan
04-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Here, chew on this - first day we get a QB, WR and 2 OL.

DolphinsFan23
04-28-2007, 10:44 AM
It's starting to look like if Quinn doesn't fall to #9, we're probably going to grab Levi Brown. Not the sexy pick, but we need a cornerstone left tackle pretty bad. I'd love to get Thomas, but he'll be long gone by #9.

Who knows, though. Randy and Cam have plenty of ammo in their draft gun to make some big moves if that scenario comes up. 10 draft picks !! Maybe Randy and Cam are more ballsy than we think. Never know. He might be secretly plotting to grab a top five guy for all we know. Not Calvin probably ... that would require some really big kahones. Maybe Joe Thomas or Quinn though. I'd be surprised if he went defense ... but he might have to if he isn't dealt a good hand. I just want Randy and Cam to be at the top of their game ... I want to see them play like an ESPN Poker Tournament champ today. :D