PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland is key.....

FINSTER
04-26-2007, 09:39 PM
If Quinn can just slip by the Browns we've got a chance. Although, tonight on Channel 3 (local NBC affiliate), Jim Donovan was saying there are now concerns about Peterson's collarbone, and that a plate may have to be inserted, keeping AP out about 3 months. It seemed like the Browns were warming to AP, but now they may be leaning towards Quinn. Bad year for us to be ninth in the draft order.

gofins
04-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Why couldn't we be 2 again?

Kdawg954
04-26-2007, 09:47 PM
I like the idea of getting Quinn . . . but Dolphin fans are getting carried away w/ the notion now. I always thought Quinn would be a top 3 pick . . . and it just seems like everybody just "knows" he will get past the top 3 . . . I mean if he slides then fine . . . but too many people are "expecting" Quinn instead of realizing its not likely . . . alot of people will be very dissappointed when he goes top 3 . . . like "what happened".

Roth's Wrath
04-26-2007, 09:51 PM
I agree, Quinn is my first choice if he is not there we should use our 1st rounder on a offensive player that will give us immediate impact, i mentioned Levi Brown because i personally seen him play, he is a great kid too, everyone will have a different theory on drafting which makes it fun to follow the whole thing. I would make a slight exception to that rule if Landry fell to us, I see him as a pro bowler every year, Safteys are very important to defenses, just go back to the great 49er teams with Ronnie Lott or just recently with guys like Sanders on the Colts, Ed Reed of the Ravens, Lynch on the Bucs superbowl team and again we have not had a decent saftey since Brock Marion.

ohiobryan
04-26-2007, 09:54 PM
lions are key we need to move up to 2 to get quinn!

ChambersWI
04-26-2007, 10:00 PM
I just can't see Cleveland taking Quinn. Their regime needs to win now, and for the most part, their fans don't want Quinn or Russell; they want Peterson or Thomas.

I think their board is this: Russell,Peterson,Thomas,Quinn.

The whole being scared by Peterson's collarbone is BS. With all the tests and workouts he's had, don't you think the NFL medical staffs would've noticed an injury that was reaggrevated in early January before the last week in April? And wouldn't it have been bigger news back then?

He's still probably hurt, but this isn't news to most teams. Teams will leak info now to drive and get other teams to flinch.

Being a GM at draft time is like playing poker; you try and get the others to show their hands. People will let word leak that they value a player just to get another team to trade up, or let a medical/character concern leak so a team will pass on that player. Why do you think Spielman and Wanny were bad drafters?

JC
04-26-2007, 10:00 PM

costs way too much

it would cost us our first, second, and a 4th-5th

fintip
04-26-2007, 10:01 PM
I will be one happy Dolfan if Quinn gets taken by the Browns. I'm a little worried though about rumors that we could be moving down to the sixth. Russell and CJ would be the only players the Dolfans should move down for, and even then I'd be cautious.

fintip
04-26-2007, 10:02 PM
I think Detroit is going to make a move but I doubt Miami will be involved.

Aqua4Ever04
04-26-2007, 10:07 PM
I just can't see Cleveland taking Quinn. Their regime needs to win now, and for the most part, their fans don't want Quinn or Russell; they want Peterson or Thomas.

I think their board is this: Russell,Peterson,Thomas,Quinn.

I agree with you completely right there man. Cronel(sp?) isn't going to have another chance to draft if he doesn't get it right and win some games this year. PLUS, the Browns love Charlie Frye, or at least they did last year. I just don't see them giving up on him quite yet. I think Russell goes one and Adams 2, so we could see Peterson, Thomas or maybe even Calvin Johnson there at #3.

Aqua4Ever04
04-26-2007, 10:08 PM
I think Detroit is going to make a move but I doubt Miami will be involved.

Probably with the Bucs. John Gruden will pull out every single strand of hair on his head if he doesn't get Johnson.

ChambersWI
04-26-2007, 10:12 PM
I agree with you completely right there man. Cronel(sp?) isn't going to have another chance to draft if he doesn't get it right and win some games this year. PLUS, the Browns love Charlie Frye, or at least they did last year. I just don't see them giving up on him quite yet. I think Russell goes one and Adams 2, so we could see Peterson, Thomas or maybe even Calvin Johnson there at #3.

they still love Frye, and so do the fans. The fans for the most part want the Browns to either give him protection (Thomas) or a horse to ride (Peterson). I think everybody and their mother knew that Droughns only benefitted from Denver's scheme, and Lewis has definatly lost a step and gets most of his yards falling forward.

Not in this case, but I garuntee you that there will be picks that surprise people on this board, but not other fanbases.

Aqua4Ever04
04-26-2007, 10:17 PM
they still love Frye, and so do the fans. The fans for the most part want the Browns to either give him protection (Thomas) or a horse to ride (Peterson). I think everybody and their mother knew that Droughns only benefitted from Denver's scheme, and Lewis has definatly lost a step and gets most of his yards falling forward.

Not in this case, but I garuntee you that there will be picks that surprise people on this board, but not other fanbases.

I would say Adrian Peterson all the way even after this recent shoulder news. But if this scares them I think they will suprise people and take Joe Thomas. He, LaCharles Bently and Eric Steinbach is a lot of meat to try to get through.

ChambersWI
04-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Bentley is out for the year again. He developed a staff infection in his knee so... he won't make hs Browns debut until 08.

ohiobryan
04-26-2007, 10:44 PM
browns will take peterson or thomas frye is still there man!

fintip
04-26-2007, 10:54 PM
Probably with the Bucs. John Gruden will pull out every single strand of hair on his head if he doesn't get Johnson.
Washington and Atlanta are other possbilities.