PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft - Help a n00b out

rob19
04-26-2007, 10:12 PM
ok peoples.. ive given in.. with summer looming and my *** probably having alot of free-time.. ive decided to download the 10 day trial thing..

So, id appreciate any help from all the WoW veterans around here, id like to know... pretty much anything you'd be kind enough to tell me.. class, race, recommendations on anything.... all that good stuff..

thanks peeps... :D

Kahlel
04-26-2007, 10:22 PM
hey everybody... i just signed up... so.. HELLO!!! and.. i have a question... what is the difference between normal realms and role playing realms. i read a little bit about it and it seems as though the normal realms seems to be for people that only care about leveling and getting stuff... kinda impersonal... is the role playing realm friendlier??? and whats up with druid and hunter... they are the two i am most interested in but it says that hunters have very few melee abilities... does that mean that they suck at fighting??? if so.. which class should i be??

rob19
04-26-2007, 10:25 PM
:lol: lmao!! who changed my title? was it you mor?? :rofl3:

Kahlel
04-26-2007, 10:26 PM
btw... me and Rob19 are starting together.. so any info could be relayed to either of us and greatly appreciated!!

Phin-o-rama
04-26-2007, 10:33 PM
there are 3 types of servers actually

RP-PVP
RP
Normal
PVP

ok so 4 i think

anyways stay away from any that say RP ...thats role playing and people run aroung going hark thou thy questeth esta hark .......and try to...role play lol

pvp servers mean from like lvl 20 on, you can kill other players from the opposite faction...(alliance or horde) in any zone that is specified as a 'contested' zone....this means that high level *******s with nothing better to do can come and kill you and teabag your corpse....but...its like a rite of passage and then you can do it to other noobs when you get higher up!!

pve or normal server is 'safer'...you pretty much have to flag yourself for pvp first before someone can gank you...

just starting out you might like pve server better although its only after like lvl 20 you see the opposite faction anyways

rob19
04-26-2007, 10:43 PM
there are 3 types of servers actually

RP-PVP
RP
Normal
PVP

ok so 4 i think

anyways stay away from any that say RP ...thats role playing and people run aroung going hark thou thy questeth esta hark .......and try to...role play lol

pvp servers mean from like lvl 20 on, you can kill other players from the opposite faction...(alliance or horde) in any zone that is specified as a 'contested' zone....this means that high level *******s with nothing better to do can come and kill you and teabag your corpse....but...its like a rite of passage and then you can do it to other noobs when you get higher up!!

pve or normal server is 'safer'...you pretty much have to flag yourself for pvp first before someone can gank you...

just starting out you might like pve server better although its only after like lvl 20 you see the opposite faction anyways

thanks man.. so i think im leaning towards the horde... what... class and race would you recommend?

:lol: sorry guys.. i am a nOOb.. as mor put it.. :tongue::)

TheMageGandalf
04-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Well, no disrespect to Phin or anyone else who plays on other servers but RP servers are cool to me.

I wouldn't play on any other simply because I dont like to deal with the leet speaking kids.

Meaning this: "Hai d00d u n33d t0 lrn t0 ply ur class k bai!"

Ive been on Shadow Council the longest.

Yes, there are people who like to role play and whatnot sometimes, I honestly havent even seen a RPer in forever so for the most part, rping isnt everywhere but its welcome now and then if only to make it seem more like a real mmoRPG and not just a mmoPVP game.

If I wanted only that (PVP) then Id go cook some nOObs in Battlefield 2 (PC).

If you want a little mix then go to the RP-PVP servers.

Either way, the only real difference between the PVE and RP servers is that in an RP server you'll sometimes get more mature players (sometimes not always) and maybe get some people roleplaying (usually only in guilds though) and they are again, sometimes, a little more strict in the naming policy. (I stress sometimes because it depends on the GM's and the community that has built up that specific server. Ill still see people running around with goofy names now and then at lvl 60+)

So if you name your guy Fatmanrulz it will most likely attract the attention of the GM's and you'll have to change your name to something like Scott.

Thats it for servers. As far as Druids and Hunters. Well, Hunters are not very good at melee thats true. You have options though to get your distance and kite where you can do the most damage with your ranged weapon.

Druids can heal.....they are better melee fighters than hunters but they arent warriors. They are a decent all-around class. Jack of all trades, master of none as they say.

Dolfan984
04-27-2007, 05:48 AM
anything undead

Phin-o-rama
04-27-2007, 08:56 AM
Well, no disrespect to Phin or anyone else who plays on other servers but RP servers are cool to me.

I wouldn't play on any other simply because I dont like to deal with the leet speaking kids.

Meaning this: "Hai d00d u n33d t0 lrn t0 ply ur class k bai!"

Ive been on Shadow Council the longest.

Yes, there are people who like to role play and whatnot sometimes, I honestly havent even seen a RPer in forever so for the most part, rping isnt everywhere but its welcome now and then if only to make it seem more like a real mmoRPG and not just a mmoPVP game.

If I wanted only that (PVP) then Id go cook some nOObs in Battlefield 2 (PC).

If you want a little mix then go to the RP-PVP servers.

Either way, the only real difference between the PVE and RP servers is that in an RP server you'll sometimes get more mature players (sometimes not always) and maybe get some people roleplaying (usually only in guilds though) and they are again, sometimes, a little more strict in the naming policy. (I stress sometimes because it depends on the GM's and the community that has built up that specific server. Ill still see people running around with goofy names now and then at lvl 60+)

So if you name your guy Fatmanrulz it will most likely attract the attention of the GM's and you'll have to change your name to something like Scott.

Thats it for servers. As far as Druids and Hunters. Well, Hunters are not very good at melee thats true. You have options though to get your distance and kite where you can do the most damage with your ranged weapon.

Druids can heal.....they are better melee fighters than hunters but they arent warriors. They are a decent all-around class. Jack of all trades, master of none as they say.

fair enough...and honestly a RPPVP server does interest me somewhat....i just wanted to give them a quick breakdown because i didn't feel like typing too much haha....

anyways on class / race.....hunters are great at soloing...at lvl 10 they can tame a 'pet', and that can tank for them...so the monsters attack your pet and you stand back and can range them down.

dont worry about race really....the little racial bonuses aren't that big of a deal to actually worry about.....undead is prolly the 'coolest' horde race...i had a tauren shaman and got tired of just how huge he was....haha

mor911
04-27-2007, 09:16 AM
:lol: lmao!! who changed my title? was it you mor?? :rofl3::err: Someone shanged the title?

FinsNCanes
04-27-2007, 01:19 PM
ok peoples.. ive given in.. with summer looming and my *** probably having alot of free-time.. ive decided to download the 10 day trial thing..

So, id appreciate any help from all the WoW veterans around here, id like to know... pretty much anything you'd be kind enough to tell me.. class, race, recommendations on anything.... all that good stuff..

thanks peeps... :D

My advice? Don't bother. The game itself isn't bad (considering there really is no competetion at the moment) but the PvP is horrible. If this is your first MMO you might get sucked in and become a fat ****ing loser like my roommate. If you like to stare at a screen for 8 hours pressing F1 and F3 over and over..have fun :D

mor911
04-27-2007, 01:40 PM
My advice? Don't bother. The game itself isn't bad (considering there really is no competetion at the moment) but the PvP is horrible. If this is your first MMO you might get sucked in and become a fat ****ing loser like my roommate. If you like to stare at a screen for 8 hours pressing F1 and F3 over and over..have fun :Doh jeez. Give your anti-wow nonsense a rest for once. One figure:

8 million subscribers

8 million people are willing pay $15 per month to play this utterly horrible game... think about it. 8 million people are absolutely crazy... or are you the tard?

Phin-o-rama
04-27-2007, 01:58 PM
all 8 million of them are fat ****ing losers too!!!

rofl

Dolfan984
04-27-2007, 05:44 PM
yeah I'm easily the fattest WoW player I know :)