PDA

View Full Version : Ginn Jr. Linked to the Dolphins

fishypete
04-26-2007, 11:38 PM
I pointed out in my 04/25 column that Ted Ginn Jr. is picking up steam heading into the Draft and the reason the Rams traded for Dante Hall was because they knew that Ginn wouldn't be on the board at their pick...the latest rumors have Ginn Jr. linked to the Dolphins (http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2007/04/booker_on_block.html) pick at #9..

Phanatical
04-26-2007, 11:39 PM
I don't see Cam picking a punt return man with the #1 pick.

SR 7
04-26-2007, 11:43 PM

exactly hes going to pick up a number 1 WR hopefully. ala the booker being traded ordeal

fishypete
04-26-2007, 11:44 PM

Well the man did say he wanted more team speed...and he has speed, for sure...when healthy.

#1dolphinsfan
04-26-2007, 11:46 PM
He has speed even when he is not healthy

Aqua and Orange
04-26-2007, 11:50 PM
Ginn and Kolb/Beck as our top 2 picks would be a dream draft for me :) :) :)

finfansince72
04-26-2007, 11:53 PM
I have no issue whatsoever with us taking Ginn at 9. I believe personally he is one of the top 10 players in this draft.

fishypete
04-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Giants | Team may go after L. Brown
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:07:15 -0700
Paul Schwartz, of the New York Post, reports the New York Giants may try to get in position to draft Penn State OT Levi Brown (http://www.kffl.com/player/13472/nfl). The team asked for his cell phone number and asked what airport he would be flying out of if he was needed in New Jersey.

Very Interesting....now I wonder what team the Giants would have to trade with to get Brown?

pennPhinFan
04-26-2007, 11:58 PM
as much as i'd rather see us trade down if we're aiming for Ginn, i would at least be happy that we took an offensive playmaker.. hopefully mueller knows of some later lineman talents that can start so we can use our first on a more 'showy' player. (i was gonna use the word impact but i know i'd get ripped apart.. because lineman are impact players too i know, and i know we need them.. there's just that extra pizzazz you get with a flashy receiver or QB or secondary player)
either way, i'm getting so ansy and excited for this draft, i'm feeling good things coming for the fins!

DUB
04-27-2007, 12:12 AM
I like ginn, but WR is not the vocal point of Cam's offense. I like trading down and grabbing Olsen or Staley. Would love to see Ginn, just don't buy it.

Vegas dolfan
04-27-2007, 12:23 AM
I would love to have us picking Ginn. We need a playmaker plain and simple. He will make our team better. That is what the number one pick should do!

MastR_EvaluatoR
04-27-2007, 12:27 AM
because lineman are impact players too i know, and i know we need them.. there's just that extra pizzazz you get with a flashy receiver or QB or secondary player)
either way, i'm getting so ansy and excited for this draft, i'm feeling good things coming for the fins!

You mean like when Miami drafted Yatil Green, John Avery, Jamar Fletcher and Sammie Smith in the 1st round ?

Tim Bowens and Richmond Webb were also drafted in the 1st round by the dolphins.. Guess which 2 of the 6 aforementiond players made the Pro Bowl many times .. Also guess which 2 of those 6 players were mainstays with the team (and perennial Pro Bowlers) helping the dolphins succeed more more with them than without them.

ottie35
04-27-2007, 12:30 AM
NO to Ginn, Jr.

Skeet84
04-27-2007, 12:34 AM
Only way to pick Ginn is to trade down. I think we take a WR in the 2nd

djphinfan
04-27-2007, 12:46 AM
i've been saying it for months and never wavered,,this one player will bring more value and excitement to our franchise than any other player not named brady,,,its a no brainer.

pennPhinFan
04-27-2007, 12:52 AM
You mean like when Miami drafted Yatil Green, John Avery, Jamar Fletcher and Sammie Smith in the 1st round ?

Tim Bowens and Richmond Webb were also drafted in the 1st round by the dolphins.. Guess which 2 of the 6 aforementiond players made the Pro Bowl many times .. Also guess which 2 of those 6 players were mainstays with the team (and perennial Pro Bowlers) helping the dolphins succeed more more with them than without them.

you make a good point and i agree, believe me ginn is definitely not on the top of my list of guy's i'd like us to take in the first round. i'm just saying, cam has a history of finding late OL talent, and if he can do that again i'm all for it. I don't have any numbers or names to back it up, but i feel like the odds of finding good OL talent late in the draft is better than the odds of finding good talent at WR/QB. I figure you'll point out marques colston and tom brady yes i agree there are always gems at every position late in the draft. My personal preference is just that with the first 3 picks (in whatever order) we'd take an OL, QB and a WR. If we are targeting someone like Jason Hill that we might be able to pick up in the 3rd, then awesome, i'd be stoked with 2 OLmen and a QB in the first and second too. Not trying to start any wars or anything because I know as a fan I don't (and none of us do) know exactly what this team needs. I leave it up to RanCam. :dolphins:

Roman529
04-27-2007, 01:43 AM
Ginn and Kolb/Beck as our top 2 picks would be a dream draft for me :) :) :)

I hear you.....we could put up points with this combo. :)

icephinfan
04-27-2007, 01:58 AM
Ginn at 9...Speed,Speed and more Speed!!!

Ludacris
04-27-2007, 02:41 AM
I have a feeling Mueller will pick Ginn at 9. The personal connections are there with Cam and Chambers and Mueller wants speed. As much as I want Levi Brown to anchor the LT I think Mueller will go the other direction. If he does so, I would still be happy because he is the GM and he has done all the homework and should know best.

Semedi
04-27-2007, 02:52 AM
Dolphins fan's boos would drown out even the Jets if we MASSIVELY REACH for the overrated Ginn.

finfansince72
04-27-2007, 03:33 AM
Ginn at 9 is not a massive reach at all. Where should he go? 11? 15? Theres not a huge difference between the talent in this draft from 9-20 its not a massive reach. Would we love to move down like 3-5 spots and still get him? Sure but trading down is hard.

Jaj
04-27-2007, 03:47 AM
Dolphins fan's boos would drown out even the Jets if we MASSIVELY REACH for the overrated Ginn.

Since when is he a massive reach? When healthy he was our no doubt about it pick at 9.

After seeing the highlights Dolphin fans will shutup.

Kdawg954
04-27-2007, 06:06 AM
Since when is he a massive reach? When healthy he was our no doubt about it pick at 9.

After seeing the highlights Dolphin fans will shutup.

People don't understand if he never got hurt by the freak accident in the title game . . . and put up what was sure to be a decent game against UF and ran the time he is capable of running . . . we might not even be talking about Ginn being there @ 9. It's only a reach because more than likely you can still get him if u trade down . . . for example the trade in my mock . . . most likely Ginn would still be there . . . especially w/ St. Louis getting Dante Hall. I think if Peterson slips to us, Green Bay may come calling . . . and then for sure we know it would signal Ginn or Staley . . . unless Levi Brown starts to stumble.

Kdawg954
04-27-2007, 06:08 AM
Paul Schwartz, of the New York Post, reports the New York Giants may try to get in position to draft Penn State OT Levi Brown (http://www.kffl.com/player/13472/nfl). The team asked for his cell phone number and asked what airport he would be flying out of if he was needed in New Jersey.

Very Interesting....now I wonder what team the Giants would have to trade with to get Brown?

That answer would be us . . . because I think Houston runs up quickly if he is there at ten. A trade w/ the Giants would probably be too far down for Ginn, but perfect for STaley. I would think about it, they would have to atleast give up their 2 and 3.

Kdawg954
04-27-2007, 06:14 AM

Why do people constantly knock Ginn about his receiving. It's unbelievable. Ginn is right up there w/ Russell when talking about players who have the highest potential in this draft. The kid has been playing the position only 3 years so of course he isn't as polished as a guy like Jarrett who has been playing WR his whole life. It's not just his ability to be a WR that he is getting judged by. His speed completely changes the offense . . . and his returner ability can adjust field position immediately. Cam is an offensive mastermind and what a weapon Ted Ginn would be for him. Meachem, Bowe, Jarrett . . . those guys are WR's . . . Ted Ginn is a weapon.

finfan54
04-27-2007, 06:30 AM
The excitement that Ginn will bring will be the raucus riot that will ensue. Mueller will not do this franchise any favors by drafting Ginn with a serious foot problem. 180 lbs. How long will this guy last? That is the question people need to seriously ask themselves.

Unbelievable. I cant believe we are actually going down this road with the skeleton of an offensive line that we have. un friggin believable.

Kdawg954
04-27-2007, 06:37 AM
The excitement that Ginn will bring will be the raucus riot that will ensue. Mueller will not do this franchise any favors by drafting Ginn with a serious foot problem. 180 lbs. How long will this guy last? That is the question people need to seriously ask themselves.

Unbelievable. I cant believe we are actually going down this road with the skeleton of an offensive line that we have. un friggin believable.

I think Cam and Houck have proven to be able to get later round guys and have a potent OLine. We have a solid right side already and potential already on this line . . . and best believe we will be drafting linemen. I'm all for Levi Brown . . . but the head hancho's may believe in later round picks . . . which following their track record . . . I'm all for as well. Just because we don't address the Line in round one doesn't mean the team isn't addresssing the line.

And Ginn had a freak foot injury . . . it can't be that serious if he ran 4.3 on it . . . and if it is . . . he is a freak athlete for real.

ChambersWI
04-27-2007, 06:53 AM
I highly doubt we go Ginn at 9. The highest he should go is 19 to the Titans.

The Dante Hall trade did not have anything to do with Ginn, The Rams needed a return man, and the Chiefs wanted more picks (plus Hall has been average the last couple of years)

finfan54
04-27-2007, 06:56 AM
I think Cam and Houck have proven to be able to get later round guys and have a potent OLine. We have a solid right side already and potential already on this line . . . and best believe we will be drafting linemen. I'm all for Levi Brown . . . but the head hancho's may believe in later round picks . . . which following their track record . . . I'm all for as well. Just because we don't address the Line in round one doesn't mean the team isn't addresssing the line.

And Ginn had a freak foot injury . . . it can't be that serious if he ran 4.3 on it . . . and if it is . . . he is a freak athlete for real.

whatever......this is rediculous.

Jaz
04-27-2007, 07:00 AM
Well the man did say he wanted more team speed...and he has speed, for sure...when healthy.
:goodpost:

hestar
04-27-2007, 07:04 AM

Yeah a serious foot Injury that he ran 4.3 on...also,

Steve Smith
Height: 5-9
Weight: 185

Enough said.....

finfan54
04-27-2007, 07:10 AM
[LEFT]

Steve Smith

Enough said.....

I never said I wanted Steve Smith for one. And when this teams QB (Trent Green) is on his *** and possibly getting another concussion, Ted Ginn will become irrelevant, not to mention that he cant run any routes but straight line stuff to give our offense any kind of real flair. If we draft these guys (Staley or Ginn) I know I will be proven right and it wont take very long either.

Elliott 1
04-27-2007, 07:11 AM
I FEEL THE NEED.....THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!

finfan54
04-27-2007, 07:13 AM

Boy, some circles say Arizona likes Brown more than Thomas. What if they take Brown? Those plans suddenly change........

And isnt it interesting that all these other teams like Brown and we do not? Either this is Mueller blowing smoke (which i doubt) or Mueller doesnt have a clue (very possible if he passes on Brown).

SwampDawg
04-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Ginn = Bust of the Draft

Ginn @ #9 and passing on a Levi Brown would be a bonehead move and ruin all the faith I have had in Mueller and Cam. Trade up for Quinn = ok, take Brown at #9 and be set at LT for 10 years = ok, take Okoye or even Willis that might not be as big of needs but are exceptional talents = ok, trade down and take Staley = ok. Just please, please to not take Ginn (aka Peter Warrick II)

Phishstix
04-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Ted Ginn will become irrelevant, not to mention that he cant run any routes but straight line stuff to give our offense any kind of real flair.

hell, teddy ginn running a go route will give an offense flair. talk about stretching the field. ginn will help keep the strong safety out of the box, and that alone will open up the offense. ginn is fine w/ me at #9, but would be even better to me if at #12-15 w/ the acquisition of an extra pick or two.

D_BO
04-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Ginn = Bust of the Draft

Ginn @ #9 and passing on a Levi Brown would be a bonehead move and ruin all the faith I have had in Mueller and Cam. Trade up for Quinn = ok, take Brown at #9 and be set at LT for 10 years = ok, take Okoye or even Willis that might not be as big of needs but are exceptional talents = ok, trade down and take Staley = ok. Just please, please to not take Ginn (aka Peter Warrick II)

Peter Warrick couldn't hold Ginn's jock when it comes to pure speed and elusiveness when at top speed. I'm all for drafting quality OL, but I beleive they can be found later in the draft. Someone with Ginns' gamebreaking ability is not so easy to find in the later rounds..

BLITZKRIEG
04-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Both the OL / WR positions need players, but I think the OL is far more important at this stage. Without an adequate OL, you don't protect the QB / or run the football with any kind of consistancy....

Personally, I wouldn't even consider drafting WR T. Ginn at #9. I'd focus on landing OT L. Brown instead. Building our OL is key to our future success, and I think Brown would be a great new addition....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Finfanforever
04-27-2007, 09:58 AM

Great trade-down opportunity in my opinion!

fishypete
04-27-2007, 10:06 AM
[left]

Steve Smith

Enough said.....

Actually he ran a 4.38 and when he didn't run he slipped.

Motion
04-27-2007, 10:07 AM
What? The 4 meetings with our staff wasn't enough of a link? You needed a random writer's column to confirm it? :D

arsenal
04-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Ginn = Bust of the Draft

brown cant come in and play LT for us from day one... he can not handle the speed rush yet, he needs to work on footspeed and who knows if he'll ever be able to handle the speed rush a LT in the nfl faces each game...

hed be a RT for us in camp, and we have Carey there already and dont want to move him... I dont know im not feeling the Levi pick...

and :lol:@ginn being a bust... its basically impossible for him to be a bust, because even if for some miraculous reason he cant play WR in the NFL, he can still be a dynamic return man with Devin Hester abilities... and thats a WORST case scenario...

fishypete
04-27-2007, 10:11 AM
brown cant come in and play LT for us from day one... he can not handle the speed rush yet, he needs to work on footspeed and who knows if he'll ever be able to handle the speed rush a LT in the nfl faces each game...

hed be a RT for us in camp, and we have Carey there already and dont want to move him... I dont know im not feeling the Levi pick...

and :lol:@ginn being a bust... its basically impossible for him to be a bust, because even if for some miraculous reason he cant play WR in the NFL, he can still be a dynamic return man with Devin Hester abilities... and thats a WORST case scenario...

But do you use the 9th pick for a returner?

arsenal
04-27-2007, 10:17 AM
But do you use the 9th pick for a returner?

nope... thats why its good hes not just a returner... i was just stating thats its basically impossible for him to be a complete bust, an out of the NFL in 3 years type guy (barring injury) because of his dynamic return skills...

I think hes going to end up a great WR in the NFL... a little more polish and experience at the wideout position and he'll be amazing... hes got the speed, hes got the elusiveness, hes got the explosiveness, hes got the hands, he just needs the experience and the teachings to really take his game to a superstar level.... hes already a good player and will change how a defense plays when hes on the field, and he'll contribute in the passing game, but i think he can improve even more...

thats just my opinion...

D_BO
04-27-2007, 10:31 AM
nope... thats why its good hes not just a returner... i was just stating thats its basically impossible for him to be a complete bust, an out of the NFL in 3 years type guy (barring injury) because of his dynamic return skills...

I think hes going to end up a great WR in the NFL... a little more polish and experience at the wideout position and he'll be amazing... hes got the speed, hes got the elusiveness, hes got the explosiveness, hes got the hands, he just needs the experience and the teachings to really take his game to a superstar level.... hes already a good player and will change how a defense plays when hes on the field, and he'll contribute in the passing game, but i think he can improve even more...

thats just my opinion...

Agree 100%! As someone else stated, he's not only a WR or return man, he's a weapon that defenses can't ignore..

SwampDawg
04-27-2007, 10:50 AM

thats just my opinion...

Out of the NFL in 3 years, nope because some team will have spent too high of a pick on him. But he never ends more then being a returner and 3rd/4th wr used to stretch the field. And the odds are better Levi Brown is an All Pro this year the Ginn comes in and has the type of impact Hester had. Hester was a freak last year and had things fall just perfect. Dante Hall had about 2 years like that and since has been an average KR. I'm willing to predict Dwayne Jarrett has more TD catches this year then Ginn assuming both stay healthy.

arsenal
04-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Out of the NFL in 3 years, nope because some team will have spent too high of a pick on him. But he never ends more then being a returner and 3rd/4th wr used to stretch the field. And the odds are better Levi Brown is an All Pro this year the Ginn comes in and has the type of impact Hester had. Hester was a freak last year and had things fall just perfect. Dante Hall had about 2 years like that and since has been an average KR. I'm willing to predict Dwayne Jarrett has more TD catches this year then Ginn assuming both stay healthy.

im very happy that you are able to form your own opinion... but what are you basing that on?

fishypete
04-27-2007, 11:03 AM

Don't be surprised if the Dolphins select Jarrett with the 40th pick...all he does is catch touchdowns....remind you of another receiver?

NorFlaFin
04-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Steve Smith was a 3rd pick.

Anybody remember Philip Riley - WR from FSU in the late 80's.
World class speed; set the NCAA record for the high hurdles. Legit 4.2 40.
Was with the Chargers for a few years.

arsenal
04-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Steve Smith was a 3rd pick.

Anybody remember Philip Riley - WR from FSU in the late 80's.
World class speed; set the NCAA record for the high hurdles. Legit 4.2 40.
Was with the Chargers for a few years.

yeah just pure straight line speed is dangerous... cant fall in love with that... good thing thats not all Ginn has, hes got that and amazing change of direction, lateral quickness, acceleration, vision in the open field, etc...

:bighug:

fishypete
04-27-2007, 11:39 AM
yeah just pure straight line speed is dangerous... cant fall in love with that... good thing thats not all Ginn has, hes got that and amazing change of direction, lateral quickness, acceleration, vision in the open field, etc...

:bighug:

Is that before or after he falls down? :sidelol:

arsenal
04-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Is that before or after he falls down? :sidelol:

both, and sometimes during the fall... hes that good ;)

hestar
04-27-2007, 04:23 PM
I never said I wanted Steve Smith for one. And when this teams QB (Trent Green) is on his *** and possibly getting another concussion, Ted Ginn will become irrelevant, not to mention that he cant run any routes but straight line stuff to give our offense any kind of real flair. If we draft these guys (Staley or Ginn) I know I will be proven right and it wont take very long either.

I never said you wanted Steve Smith.But,you made it see just because Ted Ginn is only 180 pounds that he wouldn't last in this leauge.I was just showing you just cause hes only 180 doesn't mean he'll be brittle i.e steve smith,santana moss are around 180 if i'm not mistaken and i'm sure theres more..How do you know Ginn can only run straight lines?.Have you seen him play or doing his returns??.If your happy with are ball dropping WRs then you must be Hitting the bong.

If Quinn is gone,I rather we take a chance on Ginn then a OT.I think muller and cam can find some gems in the later rounds IMO..