PDA

View Full Version : I do not understand the Quinn Lovefest on here

midwestcane
04-27-2007, 08:49 AM
I know that we all want that stud qb like Marino, but Brady Quinn? I've watched a lot of Quinn, watched highlights etc, and I don't want to draft him anywhere before LATE 1st round. In my opinion he has bust wriiten all over him.
First of all he played for Weiss who is a qb mastermind ( a la Tedford).
Secondly, he had a very good college wr corp
Thirdly, he had a very good college ol

Simple question...if Quinn didn't play for Weiss and the Notre Dame hype machine, where would he get drafted? My guess would be in the Beck Stanton, Edwards range...maybe later.

He was a nice college qb in a nice system for a qb, that being said, I hope and pray that we don't drat Brady Quinn...JUST SAY NO!

zonk4ever
04-27-2007, 09:03 AM
The lovefest is because we're desperate for a Quarterback. When you're desperate, you're judgement isn't that clear.

BLITZKRIEG
04-27-2007, 09:04 AM
I think if you give Quinn some good schooling, and some playing time to build his confidence, he'll turn out to be a very productive Qb in the NFL for years to come. Quinn has a lot of talent, and he's poised to make his mark once he gets his opportunity....

I wont be crushed if Quinn is drafted ahead of us, {and I don't have a lovefest going on with him either}, but I think he'd be a very good fit within the offense that Cameron is currently installing in Miami....

If we can't land Quinn, I think we should bolster the OL and draft OT L. Brown at #9, then look for our Qb in round two. I'd be happy with either Stanton / Beck....

PHINZ RULE!!!!!

cnc66
04-27-2007, 09:17 AM
well said, if we can't get Quinn at 9, build up the o-line so that whoever we DO get, has a chance.

Geforce
04-27-2007, 09:22 AM
I know that we all want that stud qb like Marino, but Brady Quinn? I've watched a lot of Quinn, watched highlights etc, and I don't want to draft him anywhere before LATE 1st round. In my opinion he has bust wriiten all over him.

Simple question...if Quinn didn't play for Weiss and the Notre Dame hype machine, where would he get drafted? My guess would be in the Beck Stanton, Edwards range...maybe later.

He was a nice college qb in a nice system for a qb, that being said, I hope and pray that we don't drat Brady Quinn...JUST SAY NO!

Weis is nothing like Tedford as the only two QBs he has coached are Tom Brady and Brady Quinn.
Very good wr corp? So having a very good wr corp is a bad thing for a QB?

For me it has nothing to do with him playing for Notre Dame (not a fan nor have I ever been one) but him being coached by Charlie Weis, who ran a pro-style type of offensive system. It is also the reported hard work Quinn puts in the film room. Quinn is also believed to be the most NFL ready QB in this year's draft. Is that hype...maybe but it has little to do with him being at Notre Dame.

ojmcduffy
04-27-2007, 09:24 AM
pnce i saw brady quins 2-10 record against good teams the man crush was over. We are talking about a guy who put up jaw dropping stats against the likes of army, navy and other service academys not exactly top ranbked compitition.

DolfanTom
04-27-2007, 09:25 AM
In my opinion he has bust wriiten all over him.In a few years, the only time the word "Bust" will be used in relation to Brady Quinn is the anticipation of his entrance into the Hall of Fame!!

Finfanforever
04-27-2007, 09:32 AM
pnce i saw brady quins 2-10 record against good teams the man crush was over. We are talking about a guy who put up jaw dropping stats against the likes of army, navy and other service academys not exactly top ranbked compitition.

Marino was 0-1 in SuperBowls....I suppose that makes him no good....What's your point? It is a TEAM game you know! Qb's get too much credit in a win and too much blame in a loss...Truth is that 2-10 record was because the rosters at Notre Dame SUCKED!

BlueFin
04-27-2007, 09:35 AM

Simple Answer, Maybe your view of Quinn isn't shared by everybody?
Its not like Brady Quinn is a consenus top ten pick only on this Dolphin board, its very likely Cleveland will select him at Number #3.

Finfanforever
04-27-2007, 09:39 AM

Maybe the Browns and Dolphins front offices should call you to get the REAL story on Quinn! :sidelol:

Motion
04-27-2007, 09:40 AM

Pretty much says it all right there.

Weiss is nothing like Tedford and ND's WR corps was very good? Not hardly.

Captain Lou
04-27-2007, 09:44 AM
In a few years, the only time the word "Bust" will be used in relation to Brady Quinn is the anticipation of his entrance into the Hall of Fame!!

That's rediculous he hasn't even taken an NFL snap, and you've already elected him into the NFL Hall of Fame. That's not even close to a rational argument.

DolfanTom
04-27-2007, 09:48 AM
That's rediculous he hasn't even taken an NFL snap, and you've already elected him into the NFL Hall of Fame. That's not even close to a rational argument.
Dude, c'mon, I was just having some fun w/ this!

Obviously, though, I think he's going to be a great player. That's my real point.

Motion
04-27-2007, 09:51 AM

I think your taking things a little too seriously.

midwestcane
04-27-2007, 09:55 AM
When I compared Weiss and Tedford, I was comparing them both , because they are both GREAT offensive minds.

ND had one of the nations best wr corps...Samardza! He would have been a first round pick. McNight, he'll get drafted in the middle rounds. Carlson-he'll be a middle round pick.

I think Quinn could be a serviceable NFL qb, I just don't think he's worthy of a top 10 pick.

Motion
04-27-2007, 09:58 AM
When I compared Weiss and Tedford, I was comparing them both , because they are both GREAT offensive minds.

ND had one of the nations best wr corps...Samardza! He would have been a first round pick. McNight, he'll get drafted in the middle rounds. Carlson-he'll be a middle round pick.

I think Quinn could be a serviceable NFL qb, I just don't think he's worthy of a top 10 pick.

That is just completely untrue.

LJK825
04-27-2007, 10:25 AM
The reason why people want Quinn so bad is that we are in position, or reasonable position to draft a "1st Tier" QB. If we were further back a few picks, going for Quinn would be too much to give up. At the 9 spot, we have options but the greatest need is QB and OL, both of which we can address immediately. Everyone has a different opinion on Quinn and everyone is entitled to it. I would be completely happy with Levi Brown and another QB in the 2nd. I dont have a man crush on Quinn, never had. If this draft had a deeper 1st round QB class like last year, we wouldnt be having this conversation. Whether these QBs pan out or not, I think we need to do our due dilligence and make the consideration for Quinn at our draft position. If he is off the board early, then the focus will be on the O-line. There are other players that I woudnt mind taking, but thats me being selfish.

After years of dismal QBs, I think we are ALL hanging onto some type of hope that the situation will be remedied this year regardless of Quinn.

RoKnRuiN
04-27-2007, 10:36 AM

The last time I looked football was the ultimate team game. Even Marino couldn't do it all by himself. I am not a Quinn fan and would prefer Levi Brown, but discounting Quinn because of that statistic is dumb.

BIG_FISH_RI
04-27-2007, 10:42 AM

How dare you come on this board and tell all these people on here that Quinn is just an average Qb with a questionable arm and accuracy. How dare you tell them that Quinn will never have the arm to go down the middle of the field and zip the ball into small windows. You have the set to come on this board and say that Quinn played in a SYSTEM and never made any strides from his Jr. to Sr. year which is a clear indication that he is ONLY comfortable with the system that Charlie has placed him in and taking that away from him could be a MAJOR set back.

I do not believe you would do a thing like that. Exposing the fact that he and his coach had a campaign trying to convince people that he was not average after all the scouts started to take a closer look at Quinn and his flaws. Are you kidding me. Quinn was on every show there is trying to argue his worth. I think he was even on Rigis and Kelly one morning. You don't see Russell or Beck on shows debating their worth.

Anyway I just thought I would let you know that you are dead wrong for just coming to the board and making those statements about these people fake savior. Quinn is AVERAGE and will be a GOOD QB. He is no franchise. more like a late 1st.

PhinGeneral
04-27-2007, 10:54 AM

First of all, I'm not sure how you equate Weis and his system to Tedford's. Charlie Weis runs a system that is very NFL friendly with what it asks its QB's to do.

Secondly, if he performed well because had good receivers and a good offensive line in college, why wouldn't he be able do the same thing in the NFL? Is Matt Leinart going to be a bust because he played with even better receivers, a good offensive line and guys like Reggie Bush and Lendale White? Heck, I could also counter by saying that Notre Dame didn't have a rushing attack that could sniff USC's.

tartan y fronts
04-27-2007, 11:02 AM
its difficult as a fin fan overseas to get much other than youtube highlight reels on draft prospects & given that they are HIGHLIGHT reels you can't judge much. the thing that stands out for Quinn for me is that he's had a major bandwagon this board for the last 2 years. that speaks to me a lot & its almost inevitable that people are questioning him so much now because he's been under a microscope for sooo long. he's still had backing for a very long time tho & is still rated as a top 10 draftee by most experts. he must have something!

PhinGeneral
04-27-2007, 11:07 AM
How dare you come on this board and tell all these people on here that Quinn is just an average Qb with a questionable arm and accuracy. How dare you tell them that Quinn will never have the arm to go down the middle of the field and zip the ball into small windows. You have the set to come on this board and say that Quinn played in a SYSTEM and never made any strides from his Jr. to Sr. year which is a clear indication that he is ONLY comfortable with the system that Charlie has placed him in and taking that away from him could be a MAJOR set back.

I do not believe you would do a thing like that. Exposing the fact that he and his coach had a campaign trying to convince people that he was not average after all the scouts started to take a closer look at Quinn and his flaws. Are you kidding me. Quinn was on every show there is trying to argue his worth. I think he was even on Rigis and Kelly one morning. You don't see Russell or Beck on shows debating their worth.

Anyway I just thought I would let you know that you are dead wrong for just coming to the board and making those statements about these people fake savior. Quinn is AVERAGE and will be a GOOD QB. He is no franchise. more like a late 1st.

Yes, Brady Quinn has flaws. Jamarcus Russell has flaws. Dan Marino had flaws coming out. So did Tom Brady. And Joe Montana.

It almost seems like there are people on this board who are awaiting the flawless QB. With Brady Quinn, his intangibles are off the charts. He's a student of the game and possesses a lot of the things you would like to see in a franchise QB. The question becomes, how much of his other, more physical flaws are correctable?

Finfan53
04-27-2007, 11:30 AM
ND success is directly related to much better coaching and esp. Play Calling.... Even back with the pats and now at ND, Weiss was not at all afraid to literally run 7 screen passes in a row, and each time successfully.
Quinn's success was directly related to Smardizja success and a consistent running game. Quinn is confident and to battle back against USC two years ago, he put that team on his back and almost got them the win....but instead reggie bush did with a lil push in the back lol
I'm not caught up in the lovefest with Quinn, if we pass on him, I'd still sleep fine....with this Dolphins team, I'm not excited about a rookie QB always throwing to his first read which usually equals INT's