PDA

View Full Version : What I Would Do If I Were Mueller...

Finfanforever
04-27-2007, 09:56 AM
1. If Quinn slips past Cleve. I move up to Wash #6, give up a 3rd and draft him.
2. With Quinn off the board, I make a VERY SERIOUS attempt to trade down into the teens and pick up a 2nd and more...then look to nab Ginn, or Staley. Then use that additional 2nd to grab Kolb or Beck.
3. With no trade down partner...I take Ginn or Brown (a toss up...I think they're both a reach at the #9 pick. Either way, I have solved a need.

Dolphin-One
04-27-2007, 10:19 AM
1. If Quinn slips past Cleve. I move up to Wash #6, give up a 3rd and draft him.
2. With Quinn off the board, I make a VERY SERIOUS attempt to trade down into the teens and pick up a 2nd and more...then look to nab Ginn, or Staley. Then use that additional 2nd to grab Kolb or Beck.
3. With no trade down partner...I take Ginn or Brown (a toss up...I think they're both a reach at the #9 pick. Either way, I have solved a need.

IMO, If Quinn is off the board and no trade-down partner, I'd like to see the Dolphins take either LaRon Landry (S), Patrick Willis (ILB), or Levi Brown (OT). (I know two of the three are defense but, IMO, they might be the "best player available" when the Dolphins pick at #9.)

fishypete
04-27-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm all for Willis at 9....anything to keep him away from the bills.

Timmy54
04-27-2007, 10:27 AM
1. if quinn is there at 6, trade with the skins and get our man
2. moving down to get more picks always is good but you need someone who wants willis that bad. propably not
3. at #9, take levi brown (no quinn) and move on. do not take guinn, he is not an elite wr.

Vertical Limit
04-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Quinn or bust.

Actually, Quinn or Staley for me. :)

bluegrassbubba
04-27-2007, 10:50 AM
If Quinn is gone by 3, I say still trade up to 6 if Thomas is there, we need OL BAD!!

clbrazee
04-27-2007, 10:53 AM
If Quinn is gone stay put at 9 and draft Levi Brown or Leon Hall (in that order of preference).

Motion
04-27-2007, 10:53 AM
2. With Quinn off the board, I make a VERY SERIOUS attempt to trade down into the teens and pick up a 2nd and more...then look to nab Staley.

Thats definitely my plan A and B

Finfanforever
04-27-2007, 11:10 AM
If Quinn is gone by 3, I say still trade up to 6 if Thomas is there, we need OL BAD!!

Can't see Thomas lasting to #6 but you bring up an interesting proposition if he's there. :)

Finfanforever
04-27-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm not real excited about anybody (except Quinn) at # 9. I think trading down and aquiring more picks makes tons of logic.

Motion
04-27-2007, 11:12 AM
1. if quinn is there at 6, trade with the skins and get our man
2. moving down to get more picks always is good but you need someone who wants willis that bad. propably not
3. at #9, take levi brown (no quinn) and move on. do not take guinn, he is not an elite wr.

Carolina supposedly wants him.

Finfanforever
04-27-2007, 11:13 AM
If Quinn is gone stay put at 9 and draft Levi Brown or Leon Hall (in that order of preference).

I think Cam and Mueller are thinking OFFENSE in the 1st 3 rounds. I highly doubt you see a defensive pick until round 4...just my opinion though.

Jaz
04-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Agree with all of that! Good post

Finfanforever
04-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Carolina supposedly wants him.

Willis or trade down....as great a LB as he is...we have too many holes to fill to take Willis at our most talented position....I say trade down!

ohiobryan
04-27-2007, 11:25 AM
it's

ohiobryan
04-27-2007, 11:25 AM
it's quinn and only quinn randy/cam he wants to be here make it happen that's an order!!!!!!!!!!!

BSQX4
04-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Finfan, I wouldn't worry too much about this reach stuff. If Quinn is off the boards we have to get Levi Brown or Staley, whomever is higher on our draftboard. With the next pick solve the QB situation. Once you have your LT and QB that opens things up for the rest of the way to snag some playmakers on offense. I'd love to find a monster tight end like the kind New England seems so good at getting. There's some fine wide recievers to be had also. I see all offense on day one. CAN'T WAIT!!!! Of course, if Quinn is there at #9 he's a Dolphin!!!

Finfanforever
04-27-2007, 12:11 PM
it's quinn and only quinn randy/cam he wants to be here make it happen that's an order!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude,
I hope there's no bridge anywhere you live....because the odds of us landing Quinn are decreasing with each passing hour...I think Cleveland SHOULD take Peterson but I think they WILL take Quinn. Look at the brightside though...at least WANNY is not turning in the card for...JAMAR FLETCHER! Have a great draft day...Quinn or no Quinn. Prepare yourself for the later but hope for the former! :wink:

Finfanforever
04-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Finfan, I wouldn't worry too much about this reach stuff. If Quinn is off the boards we have to get Levi Brown or Staley, whomever is higher on our draftboard. With the next pick solve the QB situation. Once you have your LT and QB that opens things up for the rest of the way to snag some playmakers on offense. I'd love to find a monster tight end like the kind New England seems so good at getting. There's some fine wide recievers to be had also. I see all offense on day one. CAN'T WAIT!!!! Of course, if Quinn is there at #9 he's a Dolphin!!!

If we trade down 4-8 spots we can still land a Ginn or Staley plus pick up an additional 2nd or 3rd rounder plus! That makes more since to me than simply staying at 9 and picking Brown.

PExcell1
04-27-2007, 12:16 PM
trade down with buffalo or giants they want willis and take Joe Staley.

BSQX4
04-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Finfan, of course you're right but we would need a trade down partner who wants to trade up because of a conviction on a player and then there's the risk of losing the guy you wanted at nine. If we can pick up a day one pick and still get Staley, Levi or Ginn that's naturally better. Let's just hope Quinn is sitting there @9!

tay0365
04-27-2007, 12:43 PM

This is something I have not heard before, but would be a great move....as long as the Redskins are willing to trade, knowing there is a Franchise LT looking at them in the face, I would do it.

tay0365
04-27-2007, 12:49 PM

Ok ohiobryan, let me get this right, you want Brady....Right? :tongue:

tay0365
04-27-2007, 12:54 PM

I would be very happy if with the first 4 picks, Miami is able to get a quality QB, LT, TE, and WR.

Finfanforever
04-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Finfan, of course you're right but we would need a trade down partner who wants to trade up because of a conviction on a player and then there's the risk of losing the guy you wanted at nine. If we can pick up a day one pick and still get Staley, Levi or Ginn that's naturally better. Let's just hope Quinn is sitting there @9!

There are rumors...take them for what there worth of several players sliding and several teams that want them. Those teams know they won't be there if they stay put. I would not be suprised to see 2-3 trades within the first round alone.

Finfanforever
04-27-2007, 01:25 PM
I would be very happy if with the first 4 picks, Miami is able to get a quality QB, LT, TE, and WR.

Within the 1st 4 picks I look for the Fins to come away with 2 offensive linemen, a QB, and a receiver.

Motion
04-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Within the 1st 4 picks I look for the Fins to come away with 2 offensive linemen, a QB, and a receiver.

That would be ideal.

Finfanforever
04-27-2007, 03:32 PM
That would be ideal.

I really think that's Cam & Mueller's goals are...

miamiron
04-27-2007, 03:39 PM
:confused:
it's:confused:

Finfanforever
04-27-2007, 03:43 PM
:confused: :confused:
Dude,
You have to excuse OhioBryan....he's on a suicide watch with the rumors of Quinn to Browns.

YetanotherFan
04-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Dude,
You have to excuse OhioBryan....he's on a suicide watch with the rumors of Quinn to Browns.

LOL :sidelol: :sidelol: . If Willis is there at #9, our phone will be ringing off the hook. Buffalo, Denver, Carolina, i didnt even know the Giants wanted him that bad wow.