PDA

View Full Version : Mel Kiper on Mike and Mike this morning....

PerfectFinz72
04-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Also caught him on sportscenter last night (I think it was SC, maybe ESPNEWS) but he seems to think after Quinn and Russell....Beck and Edwards are the next best QB options. Again, its all speculation and opinion and sure Kiper has been wrong before, but thought it was interesting what he said.

No mention of Kolb or Stanton. Let the debate and intrigue continue for 24 more hours. Stay tuned.... :wink:

Motion
04-27-2007, 12:32 PM
I agree with Beck, despite his age I think he could be a good QB. Edwards however scares me, he has quite the injury history.

PerfectFinz72
04-27-2007, 12:37 PM
I agree with Beck, despite his age I think he could be a good QB. Edwards however scares me, he has quite the injury history.

Edwards, if healthy, seems to be very intriguing. He's big and has a big time arm. I know its taking a chance if he is injury prone, but alot of players can get injured at any level. I'm sure there have been alot of guys who've gotten hurt in the past and have been injury free while in the NFL.

MrEd
04-27-2007, 12:40 PM
I've read a lot of nice stuff on Kolb though. Many have compared Kolb to Jay Cutler with his type of arm strength and release. Not bad, if true.

Only hesitation on Kolb is that he played in a spread offense. Kind of like Vince Young and Alex Smith. But I don't see them struggling too much huh?

PerfectFinz72
04-27-2007, 12:43 PM
I've read a lot of nice stuff on Kolb though. Many have compared Kolb to Jay Cutler with his type of arm strength and release. Not bad, if true.

Only hesitation on Kolb is that he played in a spread offense. Kind of like Vince Young and Alex Smith. But I don't see them struggling too much huh?

Yeh, but the thing that scares me about Kolb is when most analysts or draft gurus are talking about the draft, his name isn't always brought up. Edwards and Beck and even Stanton come up....but Kolb not as much. It scares me when no one is talking about the guy. Of course, that doesnt mean he's no good, I just question how good he is if no one is really high on him.

MrEd
04-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Truthfully, because of where MIA is picking...we are really in a win, win situatoin.

Where we are, we can land either Quinn at #9. If he is gone, then we can still grab Edwards or Kolb at #40.

Then we can also select Ginn Jr at #9. Or Bowe, Rice, or Smith at #40.

However you look at it....we getting a good WR and QB with our first two picks.

fin1
I like Edwards. He has the three s'. Size, Strength, and Smarts. Oh he also came from Ssssssstanford. Sso he sssshould be our sssssstarting quarterback. Did I mention hios name was Trent Edwardssssssssssss.

MrEd
I wonder where Dwayne Jarrett is going?

Motion

Really? Thats the first I've heard that comparison.

MrEd
04-27-2007, 12:45 PM
I like Edwards. He has the three s'. Size, Strength, and Smarts. Oh he also came from Ssssssstanford. Sso he sssshould be our sssssstarting quarterback. Did I mention hios name was Trent Edwardssssssssssss.

:lol:

MrEd
04-27-2007, 12:46 PM

I'll look for the link then post it.

MrEd
04-27-2007, 12:49 PM

Here you go: NFL.COM at bottom. But read the whole profile. They mention he is cut and muscular..for all those imfatuated with Quinn's physique. :lol:

http://nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/kolb_kevin

MrEd
04-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Yeh, but the thing that scares me about Kolb is when most analysts or draft gurus are talking about the draft, his name isn't always brought up. Edwards and Beck and even Stanton come up....but Kolb not as much. It scares me when no one is talking about the guy. Of course, that doesnt mean he's no good, I just question how good he is if no one is really high on him.

Actually, PFT mentioned some teams giving Kolb, Edwards, and Beck first round grades. But not Stanton. In fact, Stanton's weakness is his arm strength, which I don't like.

retarmyfinfan
04-27-2007, 12:52 PM

First time I heard that.

Motion
04-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Here you go: NFL.COM at bottom. But read the whole profile. They mention he is cut and muscular..for all those imfatuated with Quinn's physique. :lol:

http://nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/kolb_kevin

Interesting, thanks for the link.

finner
04-27-2007, 12:58 PM

Ss s s s s s s s s s s s super post! :lol:

OneHondo
04-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Been a lot of talk lately that the next group of QBs could maybe slide into the late 1st or early second round. If that indeed happens the pickings may be pretty slim for the Dolphins in getting one of the better QB prospects. I am pretty sure that Mueller will come out of the draft with someone at quarterback, but it just may not be as good a pick as we hoped. We may have to wait until next year to grab our future at quarterback. I hope not but the chance is there.

MrEd
04-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Wow. This will be a nail biter draft this year.

This is how I think it can go down:

If indeed Quinn was bypassed by both DET and CLE, this should be a good indicator that at least DET will be targeting a QB before us #34 in the 2nd round.

So this would mean that at least one of the Kolb, Edwards, and Beck trio will be gone.

Then, maybe Beck is indeed selected by one of the good teams like KC, BAL, or even CHI (should they not trade up for Quinn) at the bottom of RD 1.

I definitely believe that Drew Stanton will be there at #40. But don't like the arm strength issues with him.

So, Quinn may go to DET(even if they trade down), CLE, or CHI(should they trade up with WAS).

I say, do NOT trade up for Quinn. Just wait for him to either slide to us and select him at #9....or just draft Levi Brown or Tedd Ginn Jr at #9 and wait and select one of either Stanton(who will definitely be there at #40), Kolb, or Edwards, should they slide(one of Kolb or Edwards definitely will be there at #40 as well). At least two of Beck, Edwards, Kolb, and Stanton will be there at #40.

All in all, we get a better deal by NOT trading up.

And if CAR wants to trade up with us? DO IT! We can still get one of Tedd Ginn Jr, Levi Brown, Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem, or Joe Staley at #14.

OneHondo
04-27-2007, 03:36 PM
I like Quinn for sure, but don't think we will get him. I like Beck and Kolb next but I am afraid all the QBs after that are mediocre and maybe destined to be career backups. Of course that is just my opinion. I am real apprehensive about Stanton, he seems to have more negatives than the rest. Edwards is a big questin mark but seems to have better positives than Stanton. There are a couple of sleepers out there but I don't recall their names but should go in the late rounds.