PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Are Offering Moss For A Two

FinAtic8480
04-27-2007, 12:44 PM
RAIDERS ARE OFFERING MOSS FOR A TWO
A league source tells us that the Oakland Raiders are shopping receiver Randy Moss for a second-round pick in the 2007 draft.
The source believes that Moss can be had for less than that amount.
The problem is that any team that trades Moss will have to pay him a base salary of $9.75 million in 2007, or otherwise work out a new deal.
Moss has been linked to the Packers for much of the offseason. We've consistently heard that Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre is certain that Moss will join the team. Last night, we heard that Green Bay recently has offered a fourth-round pick.
So if the Raiders want a two and the Packers have offered a four, this thing likely could get done for a third-rounder.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

We need the Packers to trade for Moss today, so maybe the Raiders could go for Calvin Johnson.Reason Im posting this is because it could affect the Draft.

fishypete
04-27-2007, 12:46 PM
If the Raiders are trading away Moss....then they are taking Johnson with the first pick.

FinAtic8480
04-27-2007, 12:48 PM
The rumors are starting to shoot all over the place, and the best rumor we can get today is that Oakland will draft Calvin Johnson. Alot of people Quinn will be our Golden Boy, well Calvin will be are real Golden Boy if the Raiders draft him. Cause Cleveland seems locked on Quinn.

kashbo
04-27-2007, 12:49 PM
I told you guys

fishypete
04-27-2007, 12:50 PM
The rumors are starting to shoot all over the place, and the best rumor we can get today is that Oakland will draft Calvin Johnson. Alot of people Quinn will be our Golden Boy, well Calvin will be are real Golden Boy if the Raiders draft him. Cause Cleveland seems locked on Quinn.

And Russell drops down.

kashbo
04-27-2007, 12:50 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=193458

FinAtic8480
04-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Apparently the Raiders really like Trent Edwards. Mand what a day if Miami can snag maybe Quinn in the first and Sidey Rice in the second or we can see Dwayne Jarrett or Ted Ginn Jr. slide.

OneHondo
04-27-2007, 01:05 PM
I really wonder if the Browns would take Russell or Quinn if both are there?

umpalu
04-27-2007, 01:09 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=193458

not to offend you but this rumor has been around for most of the offseason so you telling us 2 days ago is not 'i told you guys' it is 'I told you guys after 1000000 people have told you guys.' good work on the detective work, but you really didnt break any stories.

maverick50
04-27-2007, 01:10 PM
browns are taking quinn . you can bet on that. plus atlanta is trading up , and you can bet on that too. the phins are expected to take te olsen or lb patrick willis . i wouldnt bet on that .

phin fan 4 ever
04-27-2007, 01:11 PM
if this is true i would trade for moss only if he restructers his contract and i would offer either our 2nd second rounder depending which wr is there or give up a third, that way we could focus on other positions and get a wr in the later rounds.

for example:
1) quinn,brown, staley or blaylock
2a) kalil, ugoh
2b) maybe traded to oak for moss
and so on and so fourth

fishypete
04-27-2007, 01:12 PM
I really wonder if the Browns would take Russell or Quinn if both are there?

I'd say Quinn....he the one thats ready.

FinAtic8480
04-27-2007, 01:13 PM
if this is true i would trade for moss only if he restructers his contract and i would offer either our 2nd second rounder depending which wr is there or give up a third, that way we could focus on other positions and get a wr in the later rounds.

for example:
2a) kalil, ugoh
and so on and so fourth

:ricky:

Spray Mucus
04-27-2007, 01:15 PM
If the Raiders are trading away Moss....then they are taking Johnson with the first pick.

1+1=2

Vertical Limit
04-27-2007, 01:20 PM
1+1=2
Wrong, 11. :shakeno:

FinAtic8480
04-27-2007, 01:20 PM
Stay on subject.

dgb11112
04-27-2007, 01:21 PM
As I said in an earlier post. Edwards is one of the best QB in the draft. He can can't help it if he played for a POOR team but he is quite gifted. Look at the rankings and stats on him. Quality and that's what we need.

NPG
04-27-2007, 01:23 PM
not to offend you but this rumor has been around for most of the offseason so you telling us 2 days ago is not 'i told you guys' it is 'I told you guys after 1000000 people have told you guys.' good work on the detective work, but you really didnt break any stories.

to really happen. Russell/Quinn might drop to nine because nobody, and I mean nobody, has figured out that Russell is not better than Andrew Walter in Al Davis eyes. Walter is a big downfield passer with nearly the same skill set as Russell. Remember Walter was supposed to be a top 10 pick before he got injured and holds several Pac-10 passing records. Davis is going to draft Calvin (or possibly trade if he gets a Hershel Walker deal) and find another developmental QB in the 2nd or 3rd. If that happens it is possible that one of the QBs is available when the Dolphins pick. Another team that is looking for a young QB, has a starter they don't want and has a good back-up would be licking their chops. We swap with Jacksonville (who can start Gerard for a year) and get Byron Leftwich and a 3rd rounder. Now we have a proven veteran, another pick, and Lemon who I think can still be a starter. Just a thought. Any input on Leftwich?

arsenal
if quinn and russell are both there for the Browns... russell is definitely their pick... thats why we need Calvin to go number one, so the browns take Russell instead of Quinn...

Vertical Limit
I smell Matt Schaub in Edwards.

PhinzN703
04-27-2007, 01:25 PM

for example:
2a) kalil, ugoh
and so on and so fourth

Why the heck would trade for Moss with a 2nd round pick? Can we actually keep our 2nd round picks for once?

If Moss was 25 yrs old then hell yeah. But he's older and hasn't done a damn thing in a while. Don't waste your picks!!

cnc66
04-27-2007, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't touch him if they offered to pay his salary

fishypete
04-27-2007, 01:47 PM
if quinn and russell are both there for the Browns... russell is definitely their pick... thats why we need Calvin to go number one, so the browns take Russell instead of Quinn...

I wouldn't say Russell is the Browns pick...not at all.

Green Phin
04-27-2007, 02:22 PM
say no to Moss

:moon: (imagine this at the Meadowlands)

fishypete
04-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Agent says Moss in best shape of life; wants to play for a title
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 11:10:49 -0700
Ryan Kibbe, of KSTP.com, reports the agent for Oakland Raiders (http://www.kffl.com/team/28/nfl) WR Randy Moss (http://www.kffl.com/player/1134/nfl), Tim DiPiero, says the wide receiver has been training hard in the offseason and is in the best shape of his life. "In Florida, where Randy works out, he ran a 4.26, 4.28, and a 4.31 during one of his workouts last week", said DiPiero. "He's in the best shape of his life." Moss is currently at a playing weight of 205 pounds and is completely healthy after suffering ankle, rib, groin and hamstring injuries over the the past few years. "Randy is determined to prove all of them wrong", DiPiero added in regards to critics who have questioned Moss' work ethic. "He wants to play for a title, and win a Super Bowl."

Semedi
04-27-2007, 02:53 PM
If the Packers are only offering a 4th, then WE should offer the Raiders our late 2nd for Moss... hell even if we don't really want him, as long as it ensures the Raiders take CJ with the 1st pick. If the Raiders don't take a QB, we'll be virtually assured to get one of them.