PDA

View Full Version : Update on earlier thread with Quinn to Raiders

dlockz
04-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Not sure why they posted it like they did, but this is from same writer during a discussion today.

Canal Fulton, Ohio: Mark, is there any truth to the rumors that the Oakland Raiders have agreed to terms with Brady Quinn for the first overall pick rather than JaMarcus Russell or Calvin Johnson?
Mark Maske: I'm hearing the same rumor. Right now, I'm not certain if it's true.
Maryland: The rumor of Quinn at No. 1 was supposedly reported by you. I guess it has no merit than does it?
Mark Maske: That's funny. I have not reported that. I mean, it's pretty easy to see what I've reported. You can look in today's paper and you can look on my blog. You won't find that being reported by me.

So the post was definately false but there are rumors.

jason8er
04-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Not sure why they posted it like they did, but this is from same writer during a discussion today.

Canal Fulton, Ohio: Mark, is there any truth to the rumors that the Oakland Raiders have agreed to terms with Brady Quinn for the first overall pick rather than JaMarcus Russell or Calvin Johnson?
Mark Maske: I'm hearing the same rumor. Right now, I'm not certain if it's true.
Maryland: The rumor of Quinn at No. 1 was supposedly reported by you. I guess it has no merit than does it?
Mark Maske: That's funny. I have not reported that. I mean, it's pretty easy to see what I've reported. You can look in today's paper and you can look on my blog. You won't find that being reported by me.

So the post was definately false but there are rumors.
The good news is that the draft doesn't take place anywhere near April 1st. The bad news is that some members are still capable of giving others a coronary.

Noodle Arm
04-27-2007, 01:47 PM
What?..you mean the thread Breadfan started about "Notre Damn" QB Brady Quinn was false? :lol:

Fineas
04-27-2007, 01:48 PM
I have no idea if there is any truth to it, but it wouldn't shock me if it played out that way.

dlockz
04-27-2007, 01:49 PM
What?..you mean the thread Breadfan started about "Notre Damn" QB Brady Quinn was false? :lol:

It is false but there are rumors of it and its is not that far fetched.

PHINBRED
04-27-2007, 02:05 PM
i heard on ESPN radio that the Raiders have not even contacted Russell. Go figure?

SpurzN703
04-27-2007, 02:09 PM
No surprise there. Anyway, I say we shut FH down until the draft before we all jump off our collective office buildings with all these rumors.

:lol:

ohiobryan
04-27-2007, 02:46 PM
raiders will take russell!

ohiobryan
04-27-2007, 02:46 PM
al davis compares him to john elway!

dan the fin
04-27-2007, 03:01 PM
raiders will take russell!

Oh OB just solved it for everyone we know who the Raiders are taking. Or is he just worried that his boyfriend will not be in Mia.