PDA

View Full Version : What DON'T you want to happen tomarrow?

Ducken
04-27-2007, 02:52 PM
In other words what would make you unhappy if it went down with the 1st day picks?

From me it would be if we took Branch with the 9th pick or we made a crazy trade up to the Lion's pick, it would cost way to much.

fins1
04-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Trade out of the top 15

dolpns13
04-27-2007, 02:55 PM
In other words what would make you unhappy if it went down with the 1st day picks?

From me it would be if we took Branch with the 9th pick or we made a crazy trade up to the Lion's pick, it would cost way to much.

The only thing I would be disappointed about is If we took defense with the 1st pick...Thats if we dont trade down

fugawzi
04-27-2007, 03:00 PM
yea I'd have to say I'd be disappointed if we traded DOWN, not UP. It might not necessarily be too much to trade with the Lions. I'm hoping we land Quinn, or some other QB, Im sure we will. I have a good feeling, about this draft.

RoninFin4
04-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Ending up with John Beck would make me unhappy.

Shamboubou
04-27-2007, 03:01 PM
If we take DL in the first round like Mel thinks that we are going to do I will not be happy. Also, I dont like the idea of using the 1st round pick for an offensive lineman. I'm really hoping that we go after a playmaker. I wouldn't mind defense, but make them a playmaker.

Spicy Henne
04-27-2007, 03:01 PM
I just don't wanna see them reach for anyone.

If Quinn is gone I would be okay with trading down to any other pick in the first round. I don't expect it to happen though.

At this point I expect O-Line with the #9 pick, and a reciever (hopefully Jarret or Rice) with the 40 pick. Maybe a quarterback at 40 and wide reciever at 60. Who knows. Dammit who am I kidding, I want Quinn as a Miami Dolphin.

trate121hb
04-27-2007, 03:04 PM
if we stay at 9 i want quinn or landry.....ayone else at that spot (brown ginn) would be a reach.....if we trade up and give the world id be mad.....if we get green for more than a 6th id be mad......trading booker for less than a 3rd or 4th......im actually against trading him period

Slappy8800
draft brady quinn or a WR with our first pick

fugawzi
Ending up with John Beck would make me unhappy.

Actually, Beck didn't sound so bad after I read this yesterday:

First-time dad John Beck expected a steady stream of well-wishers on the day his son was born, but one call surprised the BYU quarterback.
Dolphins General Manager Randy Mueller took a minute on Easter Sunday to congratulate Beck, who could be a Miami draft pick this weekend.

Mueller's personal touch had the feel of a college recruiter who becomes involved in a player's daily life, not a GM who spends his days wheeling and dealing with multimillionaires.
"He knows what's going on well enough in my life to know when our baby comes," Beck said. "That's keeping up."
Mueller isn't about to miss a beat as he assumes charge of the Dolphins' opursuit to replace Hall of Famer Dan Marino, whose retirement after the 1999 season has been followed by a parade of unsuccessful passers.
Beck may not be the answer, but he has been a hot topic of conversation between Mueller and first-year Dolphins coach and longtime quarterback guru Cam Cameron, who together visited Beck last month in Provo, Utah.
Beck, who completed nearly 70 percent of his passes and threw for 32 touchdowns and just eight interceptions for last season's 11-2 BYU team, has steadily moved up on mock draft boards.
The 6-foot-2, 216-pounder is one of the top options among a group of quarterbacks behind likely top-5 picks JaMarcus Russell of LSU and Brady Quinn of Notre Dame.
"He has great feet in the pocket and an innate feel for how to keep a play alive, and I think he actually sees windows before they open up, which is atypical of a college player," said Mike Mayock, a former NFL defensive back and draft analyst for the NFL Network.

full article here:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/04/26/a1c_fins_0426.html

USMC_GUNZ
04-27-2007, 03:06 PM
I don't want to see the Draft get delayed till next week....then we will have to endure another week of threads dealing with what may or may not happen....lol.

Dolphaniac
04-27-2007, 03:10 PM
I just hope that we dont pick up Levi Brown because they were talking today how he has knee problems and for the LT position we need a 100% stud....I dont want another D Culppeper headache you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SQuinn17
04-27-2007, 03:12 PM
if we go dl on the first pick id be pissed

matty3054
04-27-2007, 03:14 PM
The only way I'm mad tomorrow is if:

A. we draft Ginn or any DL (except for Adams, but he wont be there)
B. we fail to land one of the top 6 QBs (Russell, Quinn, Stanton, Beck, Edwards, Kolb)

Silverphin
04-27-2007, 03:14 PM
The Patriots drafting Calvin Johnson.

FinsFan74
04-27-2007, 03:17 PM

From me it would be if we took Branch with the 9th pick or we made a crazy trade up to the Lion's pick, it would cost way to much.What I really don't want to happen is for tomorrow to be spelled tomarrow...LOL...had to do it bro, sorry ;)

dolpns13
04-27-2007, 03:22 PM
I don't want to see the Draft get delayed till next week....then we will have to endure another week of threads dealing with what may or may not happen....lol.

y would it get delayed till next week? has that ever happened in the past?

fugawzi
What I really don't want to happen is for tomorrow to be spelled tomarrow...LOL...had to do it bro, sorry ;)

I know...isn't that annoying to look at?

Finole
I would be unhappy if we pick Amobi Okoye or Alan Branch. I'm sure they're great players, but I don't think the D-Line is the biggest area of concern right now. Next year is the year to address this in the mid- to late-1st round.

I would be unhappy if we drafted a TE. This year's crop of TEs is weak. The TE position in general has very little impact in most games. And Cameron has said Martin is the guy. If we end up drafting a TE who starts ahead of Martin, I would be forced to start doubting Cameron's word. Also, there should be a couple of promising TEs available as UFAs.

I would be unhappy if we draft Dwayne Jarrett.

I would be unhappy if we pass up any of these guys:

Levi Brown LT Penn St
Anthony Spencer DE Purdue
Sidney Rice WR South Carolina
Drew Stanton QB Michigan St
Jason Hill WR Washington St
Samson Satele C Hawaii
Josh Wilson CB Maryland
Aundrae Allison WR East Carolina
Michael Bush RB Louisville
Ryan Harris LT Notre Dame
Adam Koets LT Oregon St
Doug Datish C Ohio St
David Clowney WR Virginia Tech
Buster Davis ILB Florida St
Antwan Barnes OLB FIU
Zak DeOssie ILB Brown
Kenny Scott CB Georgia Tech
Courtney Brown CB Cal Poly
Sabby Piscitelli SS Oregon St
Chris Henry RB Arizona
Daniel Sepulveda P Baylor
Laurent Robinson WR Illinois St
Adam Podlesh P Maryland
James Jones WR San Jose St
Jackie Battle RB Houston
C.J. Gaddis FS Clemson
Juwan Simpson OLB Alabama
Larry Anam CB Boston College
David Patterson DT Ohio St
Kasey Studdard OG Texas
Justin Hickman OLB UCLA
Mkristo Bruce DE Washington St
Tim Mixon CB California
Craig Dahl SS North Dakota State
Ramonce Taylor RB Texas College

fugawzi
04-27-2007, 03:23 PM
y would it get delayed till next week? has that ever happened in the past?

don't think its ever happened before...I think he was kidding.

fugawzi
04-27-2007, 03:25 PM

B. we fail to land one of the top 6 QBs (Russell, Quinn, Stanton, Beck, Edwards, Kolb)

I agree with you on B. but i wouldnt mind if we landed Ginn...especially if Booker gets traded. Do you feel Ginn will be be a bust?

Shamboubou
04-27-2007, 03:27 PM
I would be unhappy if we pick Amobi Okoye or Alan Branch. I'm sure they're great players, but I don't think the D-Line is the biggest area of concern right now. Next year is the year to address this in the mid- to late-1st round.

I would be unhappy if we drafted a TE. This year's crop of TEs is weak. The TE position in general has very little impact in most games. And Cameron has said Martin is the guy. If we end up drafting a TE who starts ahead of Martin, I would be forced to start doubting Cameron's word. Also, there should be a couple of promising TEs available as UFAs.

Levi Brown LT Penn St
Samson Satele C Hawaii
Josh Wilson CB Maryland
Adam Koets LT Oregon St
Doug Datish C Ohio St
Antwan Barnes OLB FIU
Zak DeOssie ILB Brown
Chris Henry RB Arizona
Adam Podlesh P Maryland
Jackie Battle RB Houston
C.J. Gaddis FS Clemson
Kasey Studdard OG Texas
Justin Hickman OLB UCLA
Tim Mixon CB California

I guess you expect us to trade the rest of our team for more draft picks. :lol:
I'm sure were going to have to pass up on a few of these guys.

maverick50
04-27-2007, 03:28 PM

you tell them matty and I would be mad if we get ginn at #9

SabanHater
04-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Us NOT getting Brady Quinn would make me mad.

dolpns13
04-27-2007, 03:29 PM

Levi Brown LT Penn St
Samson Satele C Hawaii
Josh Wilson CB Maryland
Adam Koets LT Oregon St
Doug Datish C Ohio St
Antwan Barnes OLB FIU
Zak DeOssie ILB Brown
Chris Henry RB Arizona
Adam Podlesh P Maryland
Jackie Battle RB Houston
C.J. Gaddis FS Clemson
Kasey Studdard OG Texas
Justin Hickman OLB UCLA
Tim Mixon CB California

Should we just trade ALL of our picks and sign some free agents. Looks like you dont want us to participate in the draft at all

Dolphins54
04-27-2007, 03:34 PM
I would be extremely upset if we HAD to draft Peterson at #9. I just dont think any organization can afford to draft a RunningBack with a #2 and a #9 pick in a 3 year span. I also dont want Ginn at 9.

keithjackson
id be upset if we drafted greg olsen in the first round

what a waste that would be

dlockz
i would be extremly angry if we draft Okoye, Anderson or Staley at number 9.
Would not be the first time though.

ottie35
04-27-2007, 03:36 PM
I DONT want Ted Ginn, Jr.

Regina Phin
04-27-2007, 03:56 PM
I don't want us to draft defense in the first round.

Finole
04-27-2007, 03:56 PM
I guess you expect us to trade the rest of our team for more draft picks. :lol:
I'm sure were going to have to pass up on a few of these guys.

C'mon, now, you know what I meant. For example, if Anthony Spencer is off the board when we pick in the 2nd round, then we wouldn't be passing him up. But if we draft Tank Tyler, and we could have drafted Spencer, then I would be disappointed.

Boone
04-27-2007, 04:01 PM
I'd be upset if we don't draft a QB within the first 3 rounds.

chillyphins
04-27-2007, 04:03 PM
I would be most unhappy if:

1. We drafted Brach with the 1st pick
2. We draft Ted Ginn Jr. with the 1st pick
3. We trade picks to move up unless it is reasonable (Not our whole draft) and for Joe Thomas, Quinn or CJ
4. We didn't draft a QB in one of the first 2 rounds of the draft.
5. We don't draft at least 2 O-Linemen first day and 3 overall

Finole
04-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Should we just trade ALL of our picks and sign some free agents. Looks like you dont want us to participate in the draft at all

Huh? I think you mis-read my post.

I don't want us to draft a DT in the 1st round, TE in any round, or Dwayne Jarrett.

That's leaves OT, C, QB, CB, LB, DE, RB, P, about 20-25 other WRs, and a DT in the later rounds.

dlockz
04-27-2007, 04:04 PM

I don't want us to draft a DT in the 1st round, TE in any round, or Dwayne Jarrett.

That's leaves OT, C, QB, CB, LB, DE, RB, P, about 20-25 other WRs, and a DT in the later rounds.

Why wouldn't you want to draft a TE after round 1.

DonShula84
04-27-2007, 04:08 PM
If we get anyone but Brady Quinn I'll be upset.

Finfanforever
04-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Pass on Drew Brees and pick Jamar Fletcher! Or trade down and get John Avery! Other than that I trust Mueller with whatever decision he makes!

SERIOUSLY,.... I want three-fourths OFFENSIVE PICKS!

Finfanforever
04-27-2007, 04:21 PM
If we get anyone but Brady Quinn I'll be upset.

You better stock up on the booze my friend and call OhioBryan for a shoulder to cry on!!!

PS: Try to talk him out of jumping off the bridge!

fintip
04-27-2007, 04:23 PM
I'll be upset if we take Quinn, especially if we give up picks.

dolpns13
04-27-2007, 04:26 PM
id be upset if we drafted greg olsen in the first round

what a waste that would be

That would be a total waste

dolpns13
04-27-2007, 04:28 PM

OK thats better...Thanks...LT and QB are our most impportant needs so I would be upset for anything other than that with our 1st 2 picks...Unless we trade down then Im not sure who we would go for...

hestar
04-27-2007, 04:31 PM
-If we draft Defense with the first pick

-If we don't get Quinn or GInn

-If we take OT with the first pick ><....just say no!!!

RutgersMan
04-27-2007, 05:12 PM
The Pats or Jets drafting Brian Leonard from Rutgers. I've watched him play with heart and courage. He led my Knights to 2 straight bowls. I don't think I could handle it if he went to either of those teams.

FinfanInBuffalo
04-27-2007, 05:17 PM
I will be unhappy if we don't get either Brown or Staley and one of the QB prospects and a guard in the first three rounds. Ideally we will pull off one of these scenarios:

1. Quinn at #9, trade up for Staley with our two second round picks, guard in the 3rd

2. Trade down to get Staley at #14, trade up to get the 3rd rated QB (using the pick acquired), guard or Ryan Kalil at #60, WR in the 3rd

3. Brown at #9, trade up to get the 3rd rated QB (using the pick #60), guard in the 3rd

TheJetsBlow
04-27-2007, 05:24 PM

What would make me unhappy would me the Raiders taking Russell and Cleveland taking Quinn. I want the Raiders to take Johnson, pushing Russell down the board, and hopefully putting us in position to get Quinn, either by trading up a couple spots or having him fall in our laps at 9. Failing that, Levi Brown at 9 and a QB in the 2nd would be what I would want to happen.

Shula Come Back!
04-27-2007, 05:30 PM
drafting no QB at all would upset me!

Retnuhrace
04-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Trading up for Brady Quinn.

rustycage
04-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Randy Mueller traded to the Vikings for Rick Speilman. Speilman then trades all our picks to move up to the eight spot in the first round, and selects Vernon Carey.

Finole
04-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Why wouldn't you want to draft a TE after round 1.

Too many needs in other areas.
Also, Cameron said Martin is the guy. Now, either he was lying or...

And right now on our roster we have Justin Peelle, Jason Rader, Tim Massaquoi, and Aaron Halterman. I'm not convinced anybody we draft would be an upgrade over those guys.

Not to mention, we could pick up one of these guys as an Undrafted Free Agent:

Daniel Coats TE BYU 6-3 257 40-time: 4.94
Braden Jones TE Southern Illinois 6-3 260 40-time: 4.65
Matt Herian TE Nebraska 6-4 242 40-time: 4.73
Rudy Sylvan TE Ohio 6-4 282 40-time: 4.79

bugs65
04-27-2007, 05:48 PM
I'd be upset with Levi Brown. He looks like a classic bust to me.

dlockz
04-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Too many needs in other areas.
Also, Cameron said Martin is the guy. Now, either he was lying or...

And right now on our roster we have Justin Peelle, Jason Rader, Tim Massaquoi, and Aaron Halterman. I'm not convinced anybody we draft would be an upgrade over those guys.

Not to mention, we could pick up one of these guys as an Undrafted Free Agent:

Daniel Coats TE BYU 6-3 257 40-time: 4.94
Braden Jones TE Southern Illinois 6-3 260 40-time: 4.65
Matt Herian TE Nebraska 6-4 242 40-time: 4.73
Rudy Sylvan TE Ohio 6-4 282 40-time: 4.79

I am very convinced there are many better TE's in this draft than on our roster, but that's not saying much. I don't think cameron is lying, from that motley crue Martin is probably our starter that doesn't make him any better than he actually is. He has done nothing in his seven years in the league to suggest he is the answer to any other question at TE than who has been mediocre for his career. We went cheap at TE because McMichael cost alot more, not because Martin is better.

TexanPhinatic
04-27-2007, 06:15 PM
1) Levi Brown
2) Branch
3) Okoye
4) Any stupid movements (up or down).

Roman529
04-27-2007, 06:17 PM

I don't want us to overpay for Brady Quinn....if we can get him by maybe moving up a spot or two than great, but we should not give away the store...even though I think Quinn will be a very good QB, we have to keep as many picks as we can.