PDA

View Full Version : So what happens if we don't get Quinn?

Trowa
04-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Aside from the prospect of Ohiobryan probably killing himself, I'm interested to know what happens if we don't draft Quinn. And I'm not asking what our backup plan is (i.e. Beck, Stanton, Kolb, Edwards, etc.) I'm referring to the fact that for the past few months I've seen countless posts saying Brady Quinn WILL be a Dolphin. Or Do whatever possible to get Brady Quinn. There are some really obsessed fans on this board. So my question is to all the fans, what will you do if a) Brady Quinn is drafted before the Dolphins pick and/or b) Brady Quinn is available at the Dolphins pick but they pass on him (a much less likely scenario)

emocomputerjock
04-27-2007, 02:57 PM
We draft someone else.

Motion
04-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Finheaven Meltdown

:D There are plenty of other options out there. I think Levi Brown or Joe Staley would be considered. Hopefully we can manage a tradedown to the mid teens where I think Staley and Ginn would get strong consideration.

Trowa
04-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Like I said, this isn't a thread asking what player we'll draft if we don't get Quinn. I could care less because while I wouldn't mind Quinn he's not my first choice. I'm just curious to know how all these people who have convinced themselves that we're goign to get Quinn are going to react if it doesn't happen.

PhinSoldia
04-27-2007, 03:02 PM
ohio bryan would slit his wrists-but we as an organization would move on-

Motion
04-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Like I said, this isn't a thread asking what player we'll draft if we don't get Quinn. I could care less because while I wouldn't mind Quinn he's not my first choice. I'm just curious to know how all these people who have convinced themselves that we're goign to get Quinn are going to react if it doesn't happen.

Its gonna be ugly for sure.

fishypete
04-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Everyone make sure you don't walk under tall bulidings tomorrow....look out below....

WA. FINSFAN
04-27-2007, 03:23 PM

so, you dont want to know who we draft instead or a backup plan is or what QB we want instead, but you want to know........what the hell do you want to know. you dont make sense, cam's not going to jump off a bridge. the sun will rise tomorrow. they have a plan B, that's why they are in the front office of the team and we are not

SwampDawg
04-27-2007, 03:24 PM
We start planning how we get Brian Brohm next year. If he had come out this year we would be would have gotten either him or Quinn at the #9

Trowa
04-27-2007, 03:30 PM
so, you dont want to know who we draft instead or a backup plan is or what QB we want instead, but you want to know........what the hell do you want to know. you dont make sense, cam's not going to jump off a bridge. the sun will rise tomorrow. they have a plan B, that's why they are in the front office of the team and we are not

If you can't understand what I'm asking, then I'm sorry...I don't know how to make it any more clear. I want to know how the fans on this forum who have convinced themselves we're getting Quinn will react if we don't get him. If you don't understand that, well, just don't post in the thread anymore.

dlockz
Not sure we need Quinn since our Qb of the future has to definately be Trent Green. We got Qb covered for at least Cam's tenure in Miami.

The Aqua Crush
i'd say we move up to 5 to get Thomas if available, or stay at 9 and take brown. we can't reach to get an unproven guy and lose several other resources to do so. Our other problem which can be fixed if quinn is off the board is O line. We need to address that if our qb situation can't be fixed this year.

WA. FINSFAN
04-27-2007, 03:33 PM
If you can't understand what I'm asking, then I'm sorry...I don't know how to make it any more clear. I want to know how the fans on this forum who have convinced themselves we're getting Quinn will react if we don't get him. If you don't understand that, well, just don't post in the thread anymore.

well then that's a stupid and obvious thing to ask,the people that want him are going to be pissed and the people that dont wont be. there i just answered for everyone on the board....next question!

emocomputerjock
04-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Not sure we need Quinn since our Qb of the future has to definately be Trent Green. We got Qb covered for at least Cam's tenure in Miami.

So you figure Cam will only be here 2,3 years at the max? In addition, you're positive Green will be healthy the entire time?

Finfanforever
04-27-2007, 03:37 PM
I expect Mueller to do the right thing and obtain 2 OLinemen, a QB and a WR within the 1st 4 rounds. I also expect no trade for Green (Peterson is SSSSOOO stupid) and would not be suprised to see C-Pep dealt tomorrow. The franchise's new direction starts tomorrow!

Shamboubou
04-27-2007, 03:38 PM
I dont look for us to be able to get Quinn, I'm really looking for, as much as some people here are going to hate it us to get Ginn Jr. I think our need of a returner give him a much bigger appeal than he was before, also with the prospect of Booker being traded makes this much more viable. I'm not sure how I would feel about the pick, but if Quinn is gone we get Stanton or Kolb in the 2nd.

FinAtic8480
04-27-2007, 03:38 PM
There are possibilities Thomas could last to 9. Offcourse Cleveland, Tampa and Arizona could snag him, but Obviouslt We could also see a draft go like this:

Russell
Adams
Quinn
Johnson

Finfanforever
04-27-2007, 03:47 PM
I dont look for us to be able to get Quinn, I'm really looking for, as much as some people here are going to hate it us to get Ginn Jr. I think our need of a returner give him a much bigger appeal than he was before, also with the prospect of Booker being traded makes this much more viable. I'm not sure how I would feel about the pick, but if Quinn is gone we get Stanton or Kolb in the 2nd.

I would not be shocked if Ginn is indeed our pick (hopefully after trading down) in round 1.

Mr772
04-27-2007, 03:48 PM

Everyone who wanted quinn so bad will start bashing him. Saying quinn isn't that good afterall. And they wil start talking about how the guy we drafted (whoever that may be) is gods gift to the nfl, and much better than brady quinn anyway.

PROBALL9954
04-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Quin Quin Quin Quin Quin .........kin Quin You Guys Think This Guys Is The Real Deal His Not Even Drafted Yet People Thinks His A Nother Marino Already.ofcorse Mr. Charlie W. Head Coach His Gonna Take Quins Corner To Make Him Go One Of Top Picks Money Wise Too.has He Played Any Nfl Games Yet?

PROBALL9954
04-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Tomorrow About Between 2:00 And 2:30 Depends On Raiders Pick You Will Know Whos The Player Is Gonna Be At #9 For The Fins Tthats All Nothing But Wishes This And That Dont Matter.

DonShula84
04-27-2007, 04:08 PM
If he goes before we pick I'll cry and drink myself to sleep for the next couple days. If he's available and we pass on him I wont be a phin fan until Mueller/Cam are fired.

PROBALL9954
04-27-2007, 04:13 PM
but you will still watch miami games and bleed aqua green inside right?

LJK825
04-27-2007, 04:30 PM
well then that's a stupid and obvious thing to ask,the people that want him are going to be pissed and the people that dont wont be. there i just answered for everyone on the board....next question!

I completely understand what Trowa is asking. Seriously, there has been countless threads on Quinn since February. I am going to answer the question straight up.

I still love the Dolphins and I am NOT surprised Quinn didnt make it to us. I highly doubt he gets past us, so speaking with the assumption that he went before 6, I am not too disappointed we didnt trade up that far. Will I be pissed? No, because I had low expectations of getting him. Not that I didnt want him or think he will be a good QB, but because I felt he would go at #3. I then move on with my life, be happy with taking Brown at #9 or possibly trade down, and watch the rest of the draft with joy. Then re-visit this board after the madness dies down, to see how the rest of the Quinn fan club respond. There is nothing against liking Quinn, I personally just dont value certain picks as much (defense mechanism to combat life's disappointments).

fintip
04-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Aside from the prospect of Ohiobryan probably killing himself, I'm interested to know what happens if we don't draft Quinn. And I'm not asking what our backup plan is (i.e. Beck, Stanton, Kolb, Edwards, etc.) I'm referring to the fact that for the past few months I've seen countless posts saying Brady Quinn WILL be a Dolphin. Or Do whatever possible to get Brady Quinn. There are some really obsessed fans on this board. So my question is to all the fans, what will you do if a) Brady Quinn is drafted before the Dolphins pick and/or b) Brady Quinn is available at the Dolphins pick but they pass on him (a much less likely scenario)
If a) I will breathe a sigh of relief.
If b) Then I will be very content because it would tell me that R Mueller is much smarter than I thought he was.

OneHondo
04-27-2007, 04:52 PM
So we will reverse the question, how will all of the fans on here who have bashed Quinn react if Miami moves to get Quinn or he does happen to fall to us at #9 and Mueller selects him?

To answer your question: If Mueller pulls off the draft we all think he can and we hope and expect he will, no one will dwell on Quinn and discussions will move on to the great draft we had for a change. As many bad drafts as we have suffered through, a good draft should make everyone estatic.

Shula Come Back!
04-27-2007, 05:53 PM
If we don't get Quinn, which we probably won't, we take Levi Brown and then draft Edwards or Stanton with one of the seconds.

dahlmarino
04-27-2007, 05:59 PM
My guess? Ritual suicide.

Finfanforever
04-27-2007, 06:02 PM
My guess? Ritual suicide.

Or maybe he becomes a Browns fan. :evil:

Roman529
04-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Or maybe he becomes a Browns fan. :evil:

Hopefully Quinn will be there, but if not I think most of us could live with Lemon, Green (?), and possibly Beck or Kolb. I think our O-line will get better and we will probably draft a lineman with one of our first three picks. If Ricky comes back we will have him and RB which will give us a very solid running game. I think we need to add a WR...especially after we lost Welker and could possible see Booker traded away. We also could use a TE, and another decent d-back. But I think Randy and Cam are stockpiling picks and making smart decisions, which is something Speilman/Wanny failed to do. :shakeno: