PDA

View Full Version : John Beck

dfin54
04-27-2007, 04:50 PM
I like this guy alot, But he is 25 now and if Miami drafts him then
he cannot sit for 1-2 years. Throw him in action this season!
I will support whomever the Dolphins draft. I just didn't want a potential franchise QB being age 26 and taking the reins. You are looking at 7 years tops.

3rd and long
04-27-2007, 04:52 PM
QB's can play well into their late 30's. I like the guy and maybe it takes him only one year to get his act together instead of 3. He could be a quality player for 10 years.

PJack
04-27-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm not a huge Beck fan, but if we had solid QB play for the next 7 years vs. the prior 7 years, I'd be pretty happy fan. How many QB's have we had in the last 7???!!!

PhinGeneral
04-27-2007, 04:53 PM
I don't even think we'd get him. The way he's been rising up the charts it wouldn't shock me if he goes late 1st round or early 2nd to Detroit. Mike Martz reportedly likes him quite a bit.

Finfanforever
04-27-2007, 04:56 PM
I like this guy alot, But he is 25 now and if Miami drafts him then
he cannot sit for 1-2 years. Throw him in action this season!
I will support whomever the Dolphins draft. I just didn't want a potential franchise QB being age 26 and taking the reins. You are looking at 7 years tops.

I'll make a prediction right now:
We will (somehow) get Trent Green...he will start the season. He will continue to be the starter while the Dolphins are in the playoff hunt. If and when our pre-mature playoff hopes fade...in comes our rookie QB.

Dfan06
04-27-2007, 04:57 PM
if we have to go qb in the second i want kolb or edwards

showstopper
04-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Never did understand that theory of not wanting to draft a guy because he's too old at 26.
26?
26?
get real, why is that old? Even if he sits on the bench for 2 years. Then he starts at 28, if he can play at a superior level, then so what?

OneHondo
04-27-2007, 04:59 PM
I don't even think we'd get him. The way he's been rising up the charts it wouldn't shock me if he goes late 1st round or early 2nd to Detroit. Mike Martz reportedly likes him quite a bit.

I think you are right, I have read on several different sources that if Detroit doesn't get Russell or Quinn, Beck could be their target in the second round. I wouldn't be surprised though if Oakland takes him in the second if they take Johnson with the first pick.

schmid1937
04-27-2007, 05:00 PM
im not a huge beck fan either but as long as we get a young qb i'll be happy

fin13
04-27-2007, 05:01 PM
and we are trading for a 38 year old

JC
04-27-2007, 05:18 PM
how old was brady when he came in 24?

dlockz
04-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Never did understand that theory of not wanting to draft a guy because he's too old at 26.
26?
26?
get real, why is that old? Even if he sits on the bench for 2 years. Then he starts at 28, if he can play at a superior level, then so what?

The reality is that when you are drafting people age does come into consideration. Beck's age only affects me as far as round, i would draft him in the third behind the other prospects that I feel are equal or better and yes younger. It also can affect players in reverse, if Okaye was 22 I'm sure teams would not be as hyped about him but being 19 makes them feel he will be a monster at 22. Alex Smith will be three years 1/2 years younger than Beck and he has played two NFL seasons. Derrick Rodgers fell to the third round in 1997 because he was 26. If two guys are viewed as fairly even the age becomes more of a factor.

cnc66
04-27-2007, 05:29 PM
The reality is that when you are drafting people age does come into consideration. Beck's age only affects me as far as round, i would draft him in the third behind the other prospects that I feel are equal or better and yes younger. It also can affect players in reverse, if Okaye was 22 I'm sure teams would not be as hyped about him but being 19 makes them feel he will be a monster at 22. Alex Smith will be three years 1/2 years younger than Beck and he has played two NFL seasons. Derrick Rodgers fell to the third round in 1997 because he was 26. If two guys are viewed as fairly even the age becomes more of a factor.

I was agreeing in my mind with Showstopper, your argument fixed that. Well delivered dlockz

AZStryker
04-27-2007, 06:35 PM
26?
26?

26 is ancient in football terms. That's when he should be hitting his stride not just starting out.

To somewhat quote the aptly named rock group, "hey it's from head to toe, 'cause he's a LOSER baby, so we shouldn't draft him." Sorry, but I couldn't resist.:D