PDA

View Full Version : Its Illegal to Wear Jets Clothing in Ada, Oklahoma

ckparrothead
07-16-2003, 03:34 PM
http://www.justafreak.com/law/oklahoma.shtml

Check it out. Its a big list of all the whacky state laws in Oklahoma, as well as some of the whackier local laws in various towns.

One of them for Ada is you can be arrested for wearing NY Jets clothing.

Another of the funnier state laws is "It is illegal for the owner of the bar to allow one of his customers to pretend to have sex with a buffalo"

Well damn, there goes half the drinking games I know.

Scrap
07-16-2003, 03:37 PM
Another of the funnier state laws is "It is illegal for the owner of the bar to allow one of his customers to pretend to have sex with a buffalo"

That's okay in NY.

baccarat
07-16-2003, 03:44 PM
If you're actually charged with that, you could easily get it overturned.

ckparrothead
07-16-2003, 03:48 PM
Don't be so sure. Eventually, probably, but not "easily"

I've seen frivolous laws like this brought to state supreme courts and be upheld. Heck I've even seen them be upheld in the Supreme Court.

dolphan39
07-16-2003, 04:10 PM
Oral sex is a misdemeanor and is punisable by one year in jail and a $2,500 fine. I'd rather live in NJ ;)

ckparrothead
07-16-2003, 04:21 PM
Yeah but at least you're allowed to put hypnotize people in display windows...

Oh, well, except for in Hawthahorne.

Prime Time
07-16-2003, 04:30 PM
:lol: That town must be governed by Dol-Fans!

Muck
07-16-2003, 05:37 PM
Ada, OK = Jeremy Shokey's hometown

iceblizzard69
07-16-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by ckparrothead
http://www.justafreak.com/law/oklahoma.shtml

Check it out. Its a big list of all the whacky state laws in Oklahoma, as well as some of the whackier local laws in various towns.

One of them for Ada is you can be arrested for wearing NY Jets clothing.

:up:

I like that law!

WeVie
07-16-2003, 09:47 PM
Those are some of the dumbest laws I have ever heard of in my life but I am sure all states and towns have really stupid or old laws will make you laugh you *** off.

P4E
07-18-2003, 04:12 AM
My state's constitution has language prohibiting "idiot"s from voting. I can see prohibiting people with serious mental disorders from voting (like those commited to institutions by court order or whatnot), but I'm not quite sure where to draw the line on idiocy. I mean, what if someone walks into a polling place wearing Jets gear?;)

Even though it's a bit of a chore to change a state constitution (a good thing, actually), I'm surprised no one's sought to revise that term to be a bit more politically correct.