PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper Trade Possibility

Zonkman
04-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Since the second tier quarterback are becoming a hot commodity with several teams needing to strengthen the position in this years draft, I think we are in danger of missing out on our top choice(s) of that group in the second round.

That being said, what do you think of this scenario. Oakland has the first pick of the second round - they still need a verteran quarterback to help mentor Russell.......Would you trade Culpepper to Oakland to swap 2nd round picks (their #33 for our #40)???

This would in all likelihood put us in position to either draft Beck or Edwards - who seem to be at the top of our QB list after JR and BQ.

What do you think Fin fans???? Could Culpepper help get us the quarterback we need after all??????:desk:

donart
04-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Since the second tier quarterback are becoming a hot commodity with several teams needing to strengthen the position in this years draft, I think we are in danger of missing out on our top choice(s) of that group in the second round.

That being said, what do you think of this scenario. Oakland has the first pick of the second round - they still need a verteran quarterback to help mentor Russell.......Would you trade Culpepper to Oakland to swap 2nd round picks (their #33 for our #40)???

This would in all likelihood put us in position to either draft Beck or Edwards - who seem to be at the top of our QB list after JR and BQ.

What do you think Fin fans???? Could Culpepper help get us the quarterback we need after all??????:desk:
Could happen. I think the fins have their eye on Beck. This draft is great because the fins have so many options.

jim1
04-27-2007, 07:13 PM

Yes, I would do that trade. But I think that there's a chance that Beck, whom the Fins want according to the Miami Herald, will be gone by then. If not then probably the Lions with the next pick. The point is, I would do it with the Raiders on the clock to make sure that our guy is there.

Good trade idea.

Dolfan32323
04-27-2007, 07:37 PM
'Course I'd do it and give myself even more options in the 2nd round.

Shayne11
04-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Would any trade involving C-pep be contingent on him passing a physical???

That might throw a wrench into things.

Tommatt
04-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Would any trade involving C-pep be contingent on him passing a physical???

That might throw a wrench into things.

Is that even possible on a draft day trade? What if he fails, do we give them our 2nd next year or something?

DUB
04-27-2007, 08:50 PM
I ave thought of this scenario and think it would be good for both teams. Good idea.

maverick50
04-27-2007, 09:24 PM
sorry boys but we best trade down if quinn is gone and we should make a move for beck or kolb and i would not hesitate to draft qb zach taylor ar troy smith zach has a strong and acurrate arm and i dont why noddy talks about these two guys. i say we trade down with baltimore and draft beck at 27 regardless or we will miss out on a qb again. i told you knuckleheads that we should have lost two more games then we would be in better draft position and would not face the distiction of missing out again. we didnt do anything anyways .

clbrazee
04-27-2007, 09:35 PM
We should still be able to get Kolb or Palmer.

GCD960
04-27-2007, 09:38 PM
good trade but do it with the pats 2nd and draft blaylock

fins317
04-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Trade C-Pep for swapping 2nd round picks would enable us to pick one of the 2nd tier QBs. The trade would not have the contingency of having to pass a medical and would be as is.

steveincolorado
04-27-2007, 11:09 PM
I highly doubt that any team is going to give up a pick in this years draft for Daunte. He needs to be cleared to play first.

His'nBeatYour'n
04-27-2007, 11:16 PM
According to the value chart, moving up from 40 to 33 is worth 80 points. That is a high 4th rounder. A 4th for Culpepper.

PHINSfan
04-27-2007, 11:27 PM
If Quinn is not there at #9, then yes I would do that trade.

Zonkman
04-28-2007, 01:57 AM
I highly doubt that any team is going to give up a pick in this years draft for Daunte. He needs to be cleared to play first.

No team would give up a pick, the scenario was to swap 2nd round picks with Oakland.:cooldude:

Elliott 1
04-28-2007, 02:37 AM
No team would give up a pick, the scenario was to swap 2nd round picks with Oakland.:cooldude:

C'mon guys I thought we put that one to rest. Was he cleared to play when we traded for him? No, all we had was were the doctors words that he would heal completely. The doctors are saying the same things now. The recovery time for the minor kneecap surgery was four to six months. He is scheduled to start more vigourous workouts in May.

Let's be done with this he has to pass a physical stuff. He could hardly walk when we acquired him. He is very tradable as far as his health is considered.

It's his huge salary that impedes a trade deal.

WVDolphan
04-28-2007, 03:09 AM

This is the best trade idea I have seen on here so far. If Oakland is stupid enough to do it that would be great. I would take whatever someone would offer us for him, but that is just perfect. Im sensing we may have to trade into the late first to get Beck or Edwards. I really dont want to give up all of the picks to do that. Maybe if we have to lose Booker(I dont want to) then we could package him with a single pick for a late first or anything in front of Detroit in round 2 really.