PDA

View Full Version : Second Life?

Motion
05-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Anyone ever heard of this?

They've been talking about it on a local radio show for the last week and all this people have been calling in saying they are addicted to it. Saying how popular the game is and I'd never even heard of it. Sounds like a cross between The Sims and WoW.

Bruzer
05-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Its been out for several years probably 4 or more. Although recently it has been getting a ton of publicity which I cannot figure out why. The world is make your own world you can make your own buildings ect and script your own actions. The catch is it all cost real money.

1/128 Region
512 m2
US$5
1/64 Region
1,024 m2
US$8
1/32 Region
2,048 m2
US$15
1/16 Region
4,096 m2
US$25
1/8 Region
8,192 m2
US$40
1/4 Region 16,384 m2 US$75 1/2 Region
32,768 m2
US$125
Entire Region
65,536 m2
US$195

Which isnt much more than 1 year of world of warcraft I guess. The game is basically what its called second life. Its a sims mmo basically.

Motion
05-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Its been out for several years probably 4 or more. Although recently it has been getting a ton of publicity which I cannot figure out why. The world is make your own world you can make your own buildings ect and script your own actions. The catch is it all cost real money.

1/128 Region
512 m2
US$5
1/64 Region
1,024 m2
US$8
1/32 Region
2,048 m2
US$15
1/16 Region
4,096 m2
US$25
1/8 Region
8,192 m2
US$40
1/4 Region 16,384 m2 US$75 1/2 Region
32,768 m2
US$125
Entire Region
65,536 m2
US$195

Which isnt much more than 1 year of world of warcraft I guess. The game is basically what its called second life. Its a sims mmo basically.

Yeah, thats what these people on the radio were saying. It costs real money but you can set up businesses and make real money and stuff. This woman called in and said she runs a brothel on there as her full time job. :lol:

Bruzer
05-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Yeah, thats what these people on the radio were saying. It costs real money but you can set up businesses and make real money and stuff. This woman called in and said she runs a brothel on there as her full time job. :lol:

Yea some colleges have even put a campus on thier with a model resembling thier school. I mean its a very interesting mmo if you have time it might be worth it if you can make money. As for myself I can't quit my job to try and make money on there :lol:.

Phin-o-rama
05-07-2007, 09:49 AM
i downloaded it and made my dude...cuz it was free and i wanted to see boobs

..its really weird, and not very smooth playing...i don't really see the attraction.

i made it to some strip club/brothel type place, and finally saw some boobs and then this chick appeared and she had a strap on on (no joke)....i was like wtf and flew away (yes u can fly)

found another brothel and some dude was out front and i was asking him questions and he said he runs the place and makes real $$ off of it....i was like 'i don't have any money, and im a noob...i just wanna see boobs" ...and poof some fugly looking boobs showed up ...its weird

you have to program things to apear and stuff....i played it for like 1 hour, saw 4 boobs, and 22 dicks...nothx

Motion
05-07-2007, 09:51 AM

..its really weird, and not very smooth playing...i don't really see the attraction.

i made it to some strip club/brothel type place, and finally saw some boobs and then this chick appeared and she had a strap on on (no joke)....i was like wtf and flew away (yes u can fly)

found another brothel and some dude was out front and i was asking him questions and he said he runs the place and makes real $$ off of it....i was like 'i don't have any money, and im a noob...i just wanna see boobs" ...and poof some fugly looking boobs showed up ...its weird

you have to program things to apear and stuff....i played it for like 1 hour, saw 4 boobs, and 22 dicks...nothx

:sidelol: Great Story

FinsNCanes
05-08-2007, 11:38 AM
I saw this on the news. It looked pretty damn stupid to me.

"OPMGZ I NEED THE PURPLP DRZZZ FOR DA CLUB 2TINIGHT! BUT IT COSATZ 50 irl DOLALARZ!"

VanDolPhan
05-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Yup pretty much it's a platform that one day will go open source. It's not a game though.

I can't really comment on it though cause it's one of my jobs I work support for :D So I don't really want to take any crap for talking about it on a message board.

Phinz420
05-08-2007, 01:47 PM

:lol:

VanDolPhan
05-08-2007, 01:54 PM

Try taking a call like my friend who works with me did. Called up angry and freaking out cause they couldn't figure out how to attach their schlong.

Phinz420
05-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Yup pretty much it's a platform that one day will go open source. It's not a game though.

I can't really comment on it though cause it's one of my jobs I work support for :D So I don't really want to take any crap for talking about it on a message board.

Pffft, Id take that job :tongue:

CS jobs are so laid back.