PDA

View Full Version : Interesting about the 360.

patinthehat
05-07-2007, 08:36 PM
So at work today I was talking to a guy who turned out to be Microsofts East Coast Marketing Director (or something along those lines).

Anyhow, I asked him if they were any closer to getting out of the red with the sales. He told me that Microsoft planned on losing a lot from the start, and that it was all meant to happen like this.

He told me that when they started sales they set aside 17 billion dollars for their estimated loses with the system, plus they have another 38 billion on layaway for anything else.

But yeah, he said that Microsoft can easily afford to lose this much and are only doing to hurt the other companies that are trying to compete. He said these companies can't afford to lose like them so it will hurt them much much more.

Anyways, I thought that was a pretty cool thing. The guy gets whatever microsoft toy he wants when he wants it, as long as he reports back what he thinks of it. Haha, awesome.

What do you guys think? :)

dolphan117
05-07-2007, 08:54 PM
I think I wish he was my relative.

Makes me question those recent numbers from DigiTimes, if they were right I don't see how the 360 would still be set to lose that much money..... It does fit with what Bill Gates said from the start though, they planed to lose money on both the X Box and the 360 but were planing to turn a profit on the third system.