PDA

View Full Version : FFL Questions

K-Rob
07-21-2003, 06:04 PM
Just curious, does anyone know of a decent Fanstasy Football league that is free to use. I've always done nfl.com's FFL but it looks like they charge now. I, unfortunately, don't have the time to follow up on every game, team or player to justify paying to participate, which is why the free leagues are nice. Any ideas? :idea:

CRAZYDOLFAN305
07-21-2003, 06:06 PM
Yahoo, has a free one..

K-Rob
07-21-2003, 06:09 PM
Cool, thanks! I'll go check it out now. Have you ever used it? Is it half-way decent? NFL.com's was pretty nice and easy to use.

Muck
07-21-2003, 06:10 PM
I've never got into Yahoo because I don't like picking defensive players. I think I'm the only one. :)

As for pay sites, I always join up with ESPN. 1st class.

DolphinVJ
07-21-2003, 06:50 PM
Some other free ones are at ESPN, CBSSportsline, Sportingnews. Com and CNNSI.Com (I thought NFL.Com, Cbs, and CNNSI were the same contests but run separately).

K-Rob
07-21-2003, 06:52 PM
I thought ESPN was a pay site, I'll have to check it out...I'm sure I missed it. I just found out about Sporting News and it seems pretty cool with you building a team based on a budget and all. That should be interesting!

DolphinVJ
07-21-2003, 06:57 PM
Yeah, the Sportingnews one is pretty interesting but the problem with that is they give you only 15 Trades (I think) for the whole year and that is just not enough; on top of that, it is an uneven playing field because you can purchase more trades but then not everyone wants that.
Most of the sites like ESPN, they have one free site and the other paid ones. Check it out; I know last year was free but then last year NFL.Com had one free site as well.

massfinfan
07-21-2003, 07:28 PM
fantasy headquarters .com by far the best around. the only thing is you have to pay. there are several leagues, but overall the way it is run, cannot beat it!!! just a thought. by the way, patriot nation up here is ready!!! WHO CARES, BRING EM' ON

T-ROCK
07-21-2003, 09:17 PM
For my money, and it IS my money I spend on it, myfantsayleague.com is THE best pay site I've seen...

I hate the lack of divisions on Yahoo... But it's free...

Muck
07-21-2003, 09:18 PM
I've always played Sporting News. I finished 87th in the world my first year. But the changes to the free game are not to my liking. Still, I'm playing in a Phins league. Funny how I did that well and went 15-0 in ESPN that first year.....and haven't come close since. :lol:

I love what ESPN is doing this year with their custom leagues. Unbelievable. I'm going to set one up pretty soon with a LATE draft.