PDA

View Full Version : Only in NY folks, only in NY....

Pagan
07-22-2003, 12:30 PM
This is no joke, these go up later this week on the Gowanus Expressway, Belt Parkway and BQE leaving Brooklyn....:laugh::lol::laugh:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

dolphan39
07-22-2003, 01:12 PM
:mocool:

Predaphin
07-22-2003, 01:23 PM
LoL..thats pretty cool.

iceblizzard69
07-22-2003, 01:38 PM
This is really a great time for the city to waste money on something stupid...espicially since we don't have a debt or anything :rolleyes2

NYC blows.

Den54
07-22-2003, 01:45 PM
I think its pretty refreshing to see political correctness kicked a side and a little humor inserted in place.

Pagan
07-22-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Den54
I think its pretty refreshing to see political correctness kicked a side and a little humor inserted in place.

Exactly.....they have to put up new signs anyway, why not make them unique?

Muck
07-22-2003, 03:04 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Den54
07-22-2003, 05:59 PM
Hey Muck, where is my Den Drive picture with your girlfriend?

Prime Time
07-22-2003, 07:34 PM
NY sucks

XoPhinsoX
07-22-2003, 08:25 PM
NY is only cool if you have lots of money to throw around.

Muck
07-22-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Den54
Hey Muck, where is my Den Drive picture with your girlfriend?

Dang, I forgot all about that. I have an idea. But I'm just a n00b gettting my feet wet. So I'm having trouble getting done what I want to do. But I'll figure it out.

Pagan
07-23-2003, 01:13 PM
Great sign Muck! :lol: Only you'd better be able to run pretty fast if you do so in Brooklyn. Some pretty rough characters there. Hell, I avoid Brooklyn as much as I can!

Prime Time, ever been to NY? Probably not. Maybe the city isn't the nicest place, but I've been to Miami, and there isn't much of a difference aside from the weather.

And upstate NY is beautiful, you should try it sometime....

Muck
07-24-2003, 11:05 PM
lol, my family is from Brooklyn. ;) One of my cousins moved to Chappoqua (sp)....before the Clintons. Anyway, it's not THAT upstate. But it is GORGEOUS. You could see Connecticut from her backyard.

I heard everything outside of NYC is considered "upstate" (besides Long Island). Would that be a correct assumption?? ;)

iceblizzard69
07-25-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Pagan
Great sign Muck! :lol: Only you'd better be able to run pretty fast if you do so in Brooklyn. Some pretty rough characters there. Hell, I avoid Brooklyn as much as I can!

Prime Time, ever been to NY? Probably not. Maybe the city isn't the nicest place, but I've been to Miami, and there isn't much of a difference aside from the weather.

And upstate NY is beautiful, you should try it sometime....

New York City is a ****hole! Upstate NY may be ok, but I am not the type who enjoys 10 degree weather in the winter. Also, there really isn't much there.

Miami is a beautiful city in a nice area with great weather. They have palm trees, nice, big beaches, and isn't a total ripoff like NYC is. On a scale of 10, Miami gets a 10, and NYC gets a 2.

Pagan
07-25-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69

New York City is a ****hole! Upstate NY may be ok, but I am not the type who enjoys 10 degree weather in the winter. Also, there really isn't much there.

You've definitely never been up there then. There may not be alot to do as far as night life, but there's tons of things to do otherwise. Sooner or later, you have to grow out of the "party" scene and settle down to raise a family. Perfect place to do so. You'll learn all about that someday sonny....:lol:

Miami is a beautiful city in a nice area with great weather. They have palm trees, nice, big beaches, and isn't a total ripoff like NYC is.

You forgot to mention drug dealers, illegal immigrants, and cockroaches as big as my sister.....oh wait, sounds just like Manhattan! ;) I'll give you the weather though. :D

Originally posted by Muck

I heard everything outside of NYC is considered "upstate" (besides Long Island). Would that be a correct assumption?? ;)

You got that right! :lol: I'm about 2 hours outside of Manhattan, so I guess that's considered "upstate". ;)

minus
07-25-2003, 12:12 PM

You've definitely never been up there then. There may not be alot to do as far as night life, but there's tons of things to do otherwise. Sooner or later, you have to grow out of the "party" scene and settle down to raise a family. Perfect place to do so. You'll learn all about that someday sonny....:lol:

You forgot to mention drug dealers, illegal immigrants, and cockroaches as big as my sister.....oh wait, sounds just like Manhattan! ;) I'll give you the weather though. :D

You got that right! :lol: I'm about 2 hours outside of Manhattan, so I guess that's considered "upstate". ;)
:rolleyes:

Like there no illegal immigrants and drug dealers in NY.

iceblizzard69
07-25-2003, 12:23 PM

I live in Manhattan, and Miami is a lot nicer. All big cities have drug dealers and cockroaches, while most have a lot of illegal immigrants. I have been upstate, I have family that live upstate, and I don't think there is much to do there. I don't like living in a city, I would much rather be living upstate than in Manhattan because I would rather live in a house with a backyard. However, living in South Florida, to me, easily would beat both of those things!

XoPhinsoX
07-25-2003, 01:02 PM
I like to drive..

I've been to NY and the traffic is horrible. Makes you wanna scream. Not saying Miami doesn't get it's fair share of jams though, but NY just sucks ;\.

Pagan
07-25-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by minus

:rolleyes:

Like there no illegal immigrants and drug dealers in NY.

Bro...it would do well to read my post before you roll your eyes at me. I said "sounds just like Manhattan".

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

I don't like living in a city, I would much rather be living upstate than in Manhattan because I would rather live in a house with a backyard. However, living in South Florida, to me, easily would beat both of those things!

Shhhh....so would I. ;)

It's all in what you want out of life. For me, making a living means making alot of loud music. When I'm home I want quiet. :lol:

It's like working at McDonalds....when you go home the last thing you want to see is a Big Mac!