PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 games question

Bruzer
05-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Ok I have fallen to the darkside and I am going to get a xbox 360 tomorrow although going to kill my wallet. Now I will only be able to afford one game for the week or two and I want a game that will last me a while. Now I will not be able to afford live either for a week or two here is my list I can't decide.

Rainbow 6 Las Vegas - Looks like it has offline multiplayer which I like and been a fan of the rainbow 6 and swat series for a while.

Saints Row - Reminds me alot of gta and have heard great things about it.

Crackdown - Same thing as above but I heard short 1st player mode that bothers me.

Gears of War - I wont have live so this one is probably crossed off list since short first player but is still a thought.

Spider-man 3 - I know its not a great game and monotonous but I liked the second one and it was monotonous also.

Call of Duty 3 - I like the first 2 but im really iffy about this one.

-------

Reason Oblivion is not on list I got it for pc and wont get it for 360 till later (getting it for xbox becuase pc is nice but always crashes)

Anyways opinions and suggestions greatly appreciated.

Nappy Roots
05-11-2007, 11:02 PM
honestly, without live, i would go with gears of war. play it on the hardest level, and youll be stuck playing it for awhile. with live, i would go rainbow six, cuz online is great and addictive and its the only game i even play anymore. online with gears is nothing special, its only 4 on 4 and gets kinda boring after awhile. but the single player is great and addicting.

Scatman
05-11-2007, 11:05 PM
gears of war or crackdown....
i think gears is a must own.....
crackdown is fun as hell..... its a heck of a lot funner than spiderman.

rainbow is real good too, but id probably wait for it.

cod3...wasnt nearly as good as 1 or 2.... so just wait for price drop.

saints is good.... but at this point id prob wait for gta4... few months away.

Bruzer
05-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Yea right now I want gears but I think I will wait on it more of a fan of freedom games like crackdown or saintsrow. Rainbow 6 sounds nice but like I said crackdown or saints row is my number 1 and 2.

Question about crackdown I heard singleplayer was short. Also how are the missions and hows the city size.

Nappy Roots
05-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Yea right now I want gears but I think I will wait on it more of a fan of freedom games like crackdown or saintsrow. Rainbow 6 sounds nice but like I said crackdown or saints row is my number 1 and 2.

Question about crackdown I heard singleplayer was short. Also how are the missions and hows the city size.

saints row is pretty damn fun. crack down is seriously lacking IMO. every mission is the same, and it gets real repetitive after a while.

Scatman
05-11-2007, 11:19 PM
i dont really think the single player in crackdowns that that short... its like 8-12 hours maybe even shorter if you just go for bosses.... the games more about having fun than reallly just busting it out and trying to beat it.

the new download content also lets you do some pretty cool crap with the cheat options on the fly.

personally, i liked saints but actually got bored kinda fast..... i played a lot of the gta games.... and i guess im just a little bored with the whole sandbox gang thing.... its cool dont get me wrong... just didnt keep my interest for some reason.

Bruzer
05-11-2007, 11:35 PM
Also I am curious is dead rising even worth mentioning I mean it looks fun but also looks boring after a while.

Majpain
05-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Okay it all depends.

Are you going with live? When you make a GT you get 1 month free.

Gears has really fallen with all the glitchers

My vote goes to CrackDown or Saints Row.

SR has atleast 40+ hours of content.
Never played CD

Dead Rising is a really really fun game I think you would enjoy it alot.

So my vote goes to SR or Dead Rising.

Now I would wait till Sunday to see what deals come out.

Hell CC might have the bundle where you get 2 wireless controllers a free game and a plug in play. Then you buy one of the game you mentioned or we mentioned.

Also if you like Halo, I would get Crack down just because of the H3 beta. Just make sure it has the beta code.

Also I recommend Viva Pinata and Guitar Hero 2.

Enjoy your purchase.

Also is the Elite the same price?

Bruzer
05-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Yea right now saints row is probably my winner I will be getting live in 2-3 weeks just not today. I mean i will get all the ones on my list just cant do it all at once. Thanks for all your help.

SirDrums
05-12-2007, 08:26 AM
GoW has a good single player. I didnt enjoy the Multiplayer. I just cant still get into FPS on consoles, I am awlays wanting to reach for my mouse and key board.

Rainbow six is a fun game. Havent tried it on multiplayer yet.

Guitar Hero II- mucho fun. A must have IMHO

Get live - You can demo game before you buy them. Saves you mula.

I am still waiting for a REALLY good game on 360. As fun as some of the games are. I still haven't been totally wowed by any of them out side of GH2. Who know, maybe I am starting to get older and out growing games.... so it could just be me.

Bruzer
05-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Yea I will get live I just got to wait for another check before I can think about getting anything else.

TheMageGandalf
05-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Dead Rising is pretty cool.

I am playing it now and the only thing I dont like about it is that time in the game goes by way to fast and its hard to do everything you want without killing the main storyline so thats my only negative on it.

But for your first game...hrmmmm....

Gears of War is pretty awesome and I havent even touched multiplayer. Im only about 2/5 the way in and I think its about as long as any first player shooter experience in the past 3-4 years.

My first game was Hitman: Blood Money.

It all depends on what genre your in the mood to play right now for a few weeks.

I'd wait for tomorrow though since you might get in on a sale that nets you a game with the system and then you can have 2 games.

TheAnswer385
05-12-2007, 07:10 PM
honestly, without live, i would go with gears of war. play it on the hardest level, and youll be stuck playing it for awhile. with live, i would go rainbow six, cuz online is great and addictive and its the only game i even play anymore. online with gears is nothing special, its only 4 on 4 and gets kinda boring after awhile. but the single player is great and addicting.
im going to agree to disagree with you about gears not beaing anything special online. That game is greatly addictive online...my guess is you didnt give it enough of a chance.

Majpain
05-12-2007, 07:25 PM
im going to agree to disagree with you about gears not beaing anything special online. That game is greatly addictive online...my guess is you didnt give it enough of a chance.

Or you suck :tongue:

Gears online when it first came out was like :drool: so different so fun.

That was before the glitchers.

Of course I beat the game and did player matches before i did ranked matches.

Bruzer
05-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Well I got saints row so far really enjoying it seems they did alot i wished gta would have done. Plus I got it for 27$ used so i took that. Although looking forward to get another game. If anyone cares my username on it is BadBruzer for live I got 1 month of gold free so that will give me time to buy live for a year.

Majpain
05-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Well I got saints row so far really enjoying it seems they did alot i wished gta would have done. Plus I got it for 27$ used so i took that. Although looking forward to get another game. If anyone cares my username on it is BadBruzer for live I got 1 month of gold free so that will give me time to buy live for a year.

I told ya when you make a GT you get 1 month free :D

A tip for building your rep in SR

Car jacking.

Go to either bridge and carjack and drive back and forth across the bridge. Also target nicer looking cars more money that way.

Bruzer
05-12-2007, 09:18 PM
I told ya when you make a GT you get 1 month free :D

A tip for building your rep in SR

Car jacking.

Go to either bridge and carjack and drive back and forth across the bridge. Also target nicer looking cars more money that way.

Thanks for the tip I think I will either get gears, rainbow or oblivion haven't decided.

Majpain
05-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the tip I think I will either get gears, rainbow or oblivion haven't decided.

Well I'll to you right now

Gears online has fallen.

You will either come across a room that is team stacked (peolpe that play with each other) or Glitchers. The outbreak of glitchers is amazing now.

They really ruined the game.

If you do go with gears play threw SP play it on Hardcore. That way you get both Casual and Hardcore achievements. On Insane play it with someone its freaking hard as hell by yourself.

R6 is the complete opposite of Gears. Slow, more Tactical, more team work.

Honestly I heard nothing but good things about Graw2.

If you have Oblivion on the PC no need to get it for 360 unless you want the achievements.

Bruzer
05-13-2007, 12:52 AM
Well problem for oblivion on my pc is it crashes constantly. Many times having to completely restart my computer I have quit playing it because of that.

Majpain
05-13-2007, 01:14 AM
Hmm can your PC handle it?

Mines isnt a great PC but it can run it just fine. How far did you get in Oblivion?

Bruzer
05-13-2007, 07:10 AM
my pc can definately handle it its a amd athlond 3700+ i got a x800 video card and 1 gb of memory it just runs just fine then boom it crashes i get no lag or anything just crashes. As for how far I have gotten i have completed main storyline but a ton of side missions i havent done / found yet.

Phin-o-rama
05-13-2007, 10:15 AM
my pc can definately handle it its a amd athlond 3700+ i got a x800 video card and 1 gb of memory it just runs just fine then boom it crashes i get no lag or anything just crashes. As for how far I have gotten i have completed main storyline but a ton of side missions i havent done / found yet.

when was the last time u opened up the case and blew it out with canned air?

i was having similar problems,and my HSF on my cpu was caked with cat hair lol...

Bruzer
05-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Yea did that all already becuase my cpu was overheating and I had to clean it all out for some reason oblivion doesnt like my computer.

Majpain
05-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Is it a pirated version? :wink:

Bruzer
05-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Nope completely clean I bought it with meez own money. Now the expansions are different story but I had problems before them.

Majpain
05-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Nope completely clean I bought it with meez own money. Now the expansions are different story but I had problems before them.

hmm I dunno then. Maybe its your driver? Is everything up to date?

Bruzer
05-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Yea I do keep all that **** up to date I don't know what cuases it. Anyways it won't kill me to buy it for xbox 360 and so far been playing saints row I love it better than san andreas in my mind I love the combat and controls. Now GTA4 will probably be better as it has competition now and has to raise the bar but I do like it very fun.

Downloading the Demos of Crackdown, Vegas to check them out.

Somebody suggested Just Cause to me now I played pc demo and the controls where clearly setup for a console game so have any of you guys played it and whats your opinion.

mor911
05-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Tiberium Wars is awesome... loving it more and more.

Bruzer
05-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Yea I was looking at that i rented gears of war and spiderman today both are ok but nothing special for me. Rented dead rising I am loving it and tried rainbow six demo and loved it. So rainbow six will probably be my next game.

Timmy54
05-14-2007, 09:52 AM
Go with Rainbow 6 best shooter i have ever played. I just steped up to the 360 as well and i have spent a few countless nights playing RB6 vegas.

also, gamestop just droped the price on Saints Row so you might be able to get both!!! Ask Mor on COD3, I saw he was on this weekend playing it.

by the way, add some of us finheaveners on your friends list, it is funny to see the mor playing all the friken time!!!

Nappy Roots
05-14-2007, 11:16 AM
it is funny to see the mor playing all the friken time!!!

WWHAT A LOOOSEr!!1!

Timmy54
05-14-2007, 01:13 PM
naw, the mor is the mor, how cool can you get

i just thought it was funny the other night i got into a marathon session playing vegas and the mor was on when i started, signed back on at about 2am, then again at 4am, and was still there when i crashed at 6. i got up at 12, and yep he is still there. man is a machine.

PhinzN703
05-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Ok I have fallen to the darkside and I am going to get a xbox 360 tomorrow although going to kill my wallet. Now I will only be able to afford one game for the week or two and I want a game that will last me a while. Now I will not be able to afford live either for a week or two here is my list I can't decide.

Rainbow 6 Las Vegas - Looks like it has offline multiplayer which I like and been a fan of the rainbow 6 and swat series for a while.

Saints Row - Reminds me alot of gta and have heard great things about it.

Crackdown - Same thing as above but I heard short 1st player mode that bothers me.

Gears of War - I wont have live so this one is probably crossed off list since short first player but is still a thought.

Spider-man 3 - I know its not a great game and monotonous but I liked the second one and it was monotonous also.

Call of Duty 3 - I like the first 2 but im really iffy about this one.

-------

Reason Oblivion is not on list I got it for pc and wont get it for 360 till later (getting it for xbox becuase pc is nice but always crashes)

Anyways opinions and suggestions greatly appreciated.

Out of those games I've only played Saints Row and Gears of War. Both games are sweet as hell but if I had to choose which one I'd play forever it would be Saints Row.

It's creative, hilarious, fun, has a great voice cast and graphics, and kicks major ashe.

Gears of War is money too. The graphics for it are awesome and the story is pretty sweet as well

Scatman
05-14-2007, 02:09 PM
here you go:

Gamestop Deal (25% off Used Games Code) (http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayitem.cfm/90022), May. 14 9 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Gamestop.com (http://www.techbargains.com/j/89.htm?afsrc=1) is offering 25% off Preowned Video Games with Code: AFF25 Exp Soon Prices after code:
Gears of War (Xbox 360) - $41.24
Fight Night: Round 3 (Xbox 360) - $20.24
Dead or Alive 4 (Xbox 360) - $18.74

-------------------------
go to techbargains.com

Phin-o-rama
05-14-2007, 02:16 PM
fight night is badass too....for 20 bucks great buy awesome graphics

Majpain
05-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Hopefully i get that Beta Code. If I do I'm going to go out and buy live for 1 year.

Bruzer
05-14-2007, 09:38 PM
What is everyones friends I will add you.

Majpain
05-14-2007, 10:03 PM
I thought there was a thread..

mor911
05-14-2007, 10:17 PM
naw, the mor is the mor, how cool can you get

i just thought it was funny the other night i got into a marathon session playing vegas and the mor was on when i started, signed back on at about 2am, then again at 4am, and was still there when i crashed at 6. i got up at 12, and yep he is still there. man is a machine.
lmao :sidelol:

When my woman comes over and wants to watch a movie, if i'm mid-game, i'll just pause the game and watch the movie :lol:

mor911
05-14-2007, 10:18 PM
What is everyones friends I will add you.
:wink: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=150598&highlight=post+you+gamertags

Bruzer
05-15-2007, 07:07 AM
oh ok I forgot there was a thread thanks.