PDA

View Full Version : I have played Halo 3 Beta.......

DisturbedShifty
05-13-2007, 06:55 AM
And it is GREAT!!! For those who might be tuned into the vdieo game world. Yes, the public Beta gets released later this week. Bungie released what they called their "friends and famliy" beta to members on their online forums. If you checked you message box on Friday and you had a message, you got in early. If not, then you have to wait until this Wedensday.

:::::::::::::::::::::::SPOILERS FROM THIS POINT ON::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Ok so here is a review written by a guy on the bungie forums about the Beta mulitplayer. He hit's it pretty cloe to the mark. Though in my opinion, the Spiker is a great duel wieldable gun.

Weapons in the Beta

Assault Rifle- Very good weapon. GREAT for medium and close range combat. I usually find the best combo for Halo 3 is The AR and Battle Rifle.

Carbine- Different feel the the one in Halo 2. A improvement and nice to use if you cant find a Battle Rifle. Snowbound and High Ground have a lot of them.

SMG- Wow is this gun when duel weilded one of the best combo's It's almost like a high powered AR when you are close range. Also has way better sound.(No longer wimpy sound )

Missile Pod- Great for vehicles but almost useless when using it agianst people. Really balences the Shoot and Forget part that the Rockets had in Halo 2. This weapon is really the answer some of the Halo 2 haters about the locking on.

Brute Spiker- I really didnt enjoy this weapon too much. I usually choose different weapons over this one. Good for melee but other than that seems to lack the pow that the SMG has.

Battle Rifle- Improvment from Halo 2. Some people thought the BR was too powerful in the last game. But it takes the setting from 11 down to 10.(if you get the reference*wink*)

Turrent Gun(unmounted)- If anyone has seen Predator you'll like this gun. Fun to use and effective. Good for backup for your team when your raiding a base. Even when you alone and at almost far distance comes in handy. But suprizingly not overpowering.

Plasma Rifle- I havent tried the best combo from Halo 2(SMG and Plasma Rifle) but this gun is good and powerful alone. Agian Improvement

Needler- Bungie has answered our woes! Needler is now Unduel wieldable(words?) and powerful close range. But dont press your luck medium or long range.

Spartan Laser- Wow is this weapon cool and great! Very Balenced and fun to use. Makes you and your teammates scream in Awww as you blow up a warthog.

Shotgun- Now only six shots. Doesnt rely on host for it to work as it is supposed to.

Sniper Rifle- Almost the same but a few differences. It is harder to snipe they took out most of the auto aim. Takes more time between shots so not as much wilder no-scope shots when you are trying to survive.

Beam Rifle- A lot like the sniper but now it only carries 10 bullets. Which is a good weapon to use then just as easy to drop it for another when your done doing your evil deeds.

Every weapon in this game is the best they have been in the games series.

Equipment

Power Drainer- It is in the shape of a ball and it rolls. Which really creates a great scenario's. Example. Say your in the middle of the map on Valhalla and 2 of the people on the other team come running up the hill. Press X and Bam their shield is gone and they are ripe for the picking. Another Example is if you are playing a flag game and the whole team is just sitting in their base camping. Just roll that sucker in there and prepare to kick some spartan butt. Should be renamed the Anti-Camping Ball.

Portable Gravity Lift- Its best use is on High Ground almost right next the where is spawns. We will have to see more uses in some places on different maps. But a very cool feature and will shake up Flag games and Assault.

Bubble Shield- I dont know why people think this is a bad idea. Really all it does it put more strategy into the game. Because say you just finished killing two guys and man your pooped and still pumped on the whole thing. Talking to your friends"Yea then i just threw a gre-Ahhh!" you just got randomly owned when you had no shield....Lame. But now you can just press x and your safe for those extra few seconds so you can A: finish your ownage story and B: recharge your shield.

Trip Mine- This is a really cool piece of equipment to use. Not the most useful but fun none the less.

Maps

Valhalla- So far my favorite of the three just because it is a very fun map and balanced with the new weapons. Now that the sniper is kind of toned down and a lot of other food weapons to choose from you can run out in the open and have almost no worry in your heart. The hill in the middle where the spartan laser and where the bubble shield spawns are the 2 areas where the action usually goes down in slayer. Very fun and when you die your just a Man Cannon away from what just happened so now maybe you want to bring the Missile Pod to the fight and maybe a better chance in killing the guy who just got you.

High Ground- Another favorite of mine. You'll spend most of your time 50/50 indoors or outdoors the weapon placement makes sure you have options to choose from. Almost every weapon in the game is on this map so it makes for fun choices when it comes down to the brawl.

Snowbound- This map is the best for slayer. An almost area type map if it not for the underground. You tend to think someone is right around the corner but sometimes they are in the honeycomes of the map. So your always on your toes. Great map and is the most polished of all 3.

OVERALL

Halo 3 by far is one of the greatest games I have ever played. I was kind of noticing the Imbalances Halo 2 had but Halo 3. MAN did they improve. Halo 3 is the most balanced game i have ever played.

Bravo to bungie this fall will not disappoint.

Phin-o-rama
05-13-2007, 10:14 AM
thanks for the info.....i'm looking forward to trying out the beta this week!

DrewAlmighty
05-13-2007, 11:53 AM
I want to rent Crackdown this week to try it out.

I don't know if it's going to live to the hype for casual gamers like myself, though.

DisturbedShifty
05-13-2007, 03:31 PM
I want to rent Crackdown this week to try it out.

I don't know if it's going to live to the hype for casual gamers like myself, though.
Unless it has the Halo 3 Beta sticker on the box, you just can't go and rent crackdown and play it. There were only so many copies that had the Beta code on the Crackdown game. I doubt that places that rent video games got those copies of Crackdown. Though, Bungie has hinted at the fact that those who got the Friends and Famliy version might still get their orignal code. The code that you will get from just signing up to play Beta (that's the way I got my orignal invite to play Beta) or the code that you will get from playing three hours of Halo 2 on Febuary 1st-3rd. But you had better know somebody that got invited to the Friends and Family release or other wise you just might have to go over to a friend's house to play.

Scatman
05-14-2007, 08:57 AM
wen the the regular beta start???

Phin-o-rama
05-14-2007, 09:15 AM
i think wednesday

UltraDol-Fan
05-14-2007, 09:46 AM
yup, it's Wednesday, the same day Verizon is coming to put FiOS in my house :)

dolphan117
05-14-2007, 12:14 PM
yup, it's Wednesday, the same day Verizon is coming to put FiOS in my house :)Nice, live rules man. :up:

Scatman
05-14-2007, 02:11 PM
ty.... looking foward to it..... after lost ill give it a try.

SirDrums
05-14-2007, 10:51 PM
I am looking forward to the continuation of the story.

Looks like I am going to be left out in the cold with the focus being so much on multi player.

Majpain
05-14-2007, 11:00 PM
If I get my Beta code I'm defiently getting Live.

DisturbedShifty
05-14-2007, 11:44 PM
I am looking forward to the continuation of the story.

Looks like I am going to be left out in the cold with the focus being so much on multi player.
Don't get to down on yourself about the story. Bungie will deleivery, I hope. Especially after Halo 2's stellar ending :shakeno: :smackhead . But don't worry, the campaign is the reason I want to play Halo 3 too. Multiplayer is the bouns in my opinion.

FinsNCanes
05-15-2007, 12:51 PM
**** Beta.

When is release?

Majpain
05-15-2007, 12:56 PM
**** Beta.

When is release?

After Summer?

QuenteK25
05-15-2007, 12:57 PM
I think the official Beta begins on the 17th? Some people just had early invites.

*edit* read that wrong, but yeah, the real release is after summer. Sometime in November (11th or 17th?)

xDOLPHINSx
05-15-2007, 05:54 PM
what time wednesday, possibly a midnight thing, or is just going to be when i wake up or something.