PDA

View Full Version : Do You Want To LEGALLY Download Music??

Muck
07-22-2003, 05:06 PM
Check out Buy Music (www.buymusic.com).

You can download individual songs for $.79-$1.29 per. You can also download full albums. Looks like this thing is just getting off the ground (expanding the catalog).

For example, every song by Disturbed is available and costs 89 cents a song. I'm just rooting around now looking to see the size of the catalog.

FYI - all songs are 128-bit .wma files.

Just thought I'd let you guys know about this.

Muck
07-22-2003, 05:10 PM
Also FYI, you have to be running a PC with a Windows operating system. No MACs. No Linux. No OSX. Also, Internet Explorer (5.01 and up) is the only browser allowed.

Den54
07-22-2003, 05:57 PM
Does this mean that some of the other download sites that charge anywhere from .99 a month to 24.00 dollars a year are illegal?

Muck
07-22-2003, 06:15 PM
If they're charging, then I assume they're legal. Honestly, I don't know much about any other pay sites, as I ride the wooden ship with a patch over my eye and a parrot on my shoulder.

I just saw Tommy Lee hawking this one and decided to check it out.

iceblizzard69
07-22-2003, 06:34 PM
I don't want to pay for downloading music. I'll do it for free instead. Actually, I haven't downloaded in a while. I, however, have a hate for the politicians who want to make downloading a felony. Is there a list of the ones who want to do it?

baccarat
07-22-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I don't want to pay for downloading music. I'll do it for free instead. Actually, I haven't downloaded in a while. I, however, have a hate for the politicians who want to make downloading a felony. Is there a list of the ones who want to do it?

The main guy behind that movement is Orrin Hatch, a Republican senator from Utah. This guys nuts. He wants your computer to explode. WTF?

http://www.uwire.com/content/topae062703002.html

Sen. Orrin Hatch, a Utah republican, recently made it known at Senate Judiciary Committee that he favors a music copyright system that will destroy user's computers when they download songs.

Prime Time
07-22-2003, 07:37 PM
I hate these as_H__es! Fill in the blanks!

XoPhinsoX
07-22-2003, 08:24 PM
For a 1.29 a song I might as well go buy the freakin CD ;\.

Muck
07-22-2003, 08:58 PM
I actually haven't seen anything over $1. Most are 89-99 cents.

Muck
07-22-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by booyeah_

The main guy behind that movement is Orrin Hatch, a Republican senator from Utah. This guys nuts. He wants your computer to explode. WTF?

Heh, shows what a n00b this guy is. I'd love to see him make a computer "explode" via the internet. :rofl:

baccarat
07-22-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Muck

Heh, shows what a n00b this guy is. I'd love to see him make a computer "explode" via the internet. :rofl:

He could track your average downloader down and destroy the computer though and send him/her to jail. I'm not even a big music fan but find this stupid. It's one thing to send the major big time pirates down, but your everyday music fan? Give me a break. I hope he isn't re-elected.

Prime Time
07-22-2003, 09:31 PM
What is a n00b? Seen it alot. Never understood.

iceblizzard69
07-22-2003, 10:05 PM

What a moron, and a jerk too.

WeVie
07-22-2003, 10:12 PM
Please just answer me this question. Why would I want to pay for anything that I can get for free without hurting anyone or getting caught? :)

Muck
07-23-2003, 01:08 AM
He could track your average downloader down and destroy the computer though and send him/her to jail.

Thing is, he was actually asking if it were possible to physically destroy someone's computer when they attempted to download a copyrighted file (I saw it on TV). That's what made it so funny.

Unless he's gonna plant some dynamite in someone's machine first, he ain't gonna be "destroying" anything. All he can do is attempt to upload a virus. And even that would require help/cooperation from the anti-virus companies.

Capt. Dick
07-23-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Prime Time
What is a n00b? Seen it alot. Never understood.

I hope it means new-by....I called Muck that.

Muck
07-23-2003, 01:16 AM
Yup, it means newb, noob, newbie......someone who's new to something. I just like to write it in l33t. :)

XoPhinsoX
07-23-2003, 11:39 AM
This is stupid.

Do these music artists really need MORE money? They should let us hold on to the little money we all have ;).

I don't see it hurting anyones record sales.

Didn't 50 cent album just sell a **** load? I mean, point proven.

M-REAL
07-23-2003, 12:23 PM
Two words- Kazaa Media. The only problem now is if you are on there, you risk the chance of a random fine. I heard it was 5000 dollars a song, but I don't know how much BS it is.