PDA

View Full Version : Something is coming from Blizzard

Majpain
05-13-2007, 04:02 PM
http://blizzard.com/

Oh god I hope its not another Warcraft game.

Dolfan984
05-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Anything Starcraft :evil:

Phinz420
05-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Im betting on Diablo. Remember it has been a while now since they announced they were hiring people for it.

Majpain
05-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Im betting on Diablo. Remember it has been a while now since they announced they were hiring people for it.

Tis true . Diablo 3 has been in the dark for about 3-4 years now. I would expect a 30-45 sec teaser trailer during the summer time.

retired opfinistic
05-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Diablo, please.

Motion
05-14-2007, 11:01 AM
WTF???

WoW has its own Visa???

http://blizzard.com/index2.shtml

mor911
05-14-2007, 11:02 AM
yeah i saw that lol

Phin-o-rama
05-14-2007, 11:03 AM
best game ever...

Phinz420
05-14-2007, 01:44 PM
best game ever...

Not even the best MMO ever :wink:

Best mainstream MMO for the masses though, yes. EQ2 is still better though:D

Phinz420
05-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Joystiq seems to think that this new title coming from Blizzard is going to be a FPS based in the world of "Lost Vikings".

Majpain
05-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Joystiq seems to think that this new title coming from Blizzard is going to be a FPS based in the world of "Lost Vikings".

.... :boohoo:

Scatman
05-14-2007, 02:12 PM
i think its starcraft........

Phin-o-rama
05-14-2007, 02:14 PM

lol eq2....anything SOE pretty much autosucks

you are entitled to your opinions even though they are wrong :wink:

Phinz420
05-14-2007, 02:49 PM
lol eq2....anything SOE pretty much autosucks

you are entitled to your opinions even though they are wrong :wink:

Interesting, what SOE MMO titles have you had first hand experience in?

Im a critical customer of SOE for various things they have done. They totally ruined SWG, but thank god I never got into that game in the first place. I feel sorry for SWG fans who got the shaft by SOE.

Heres the thing though, when I criticize/praise Blizzard for what they did with WoW, I don't go in talking about how much I enjoyed Warcraft 2 or Starcraft. They have nothing to do with it.

I have hands on experience with every major MMO out there currently. WoW is really far far behind EQ2 in both content & game play depth. I cant even begin to tell you how bored I was with WoW after spending time in WG. I never bothered to get up to higher level in WoW because I was simply not impressed with the depth of the game play.

The alternate advancement system in WoW is a complete farce. Giving talent points for hitting levels? WTF is that? How about putting in a REAL AA system that makes people earn their points. I was also not impressed at all with the abilities you could gain from the Talent trees. What I did like about it was the 3 different pages you could spec into. In the end though, it is still leagues behind of the AA system in place in EQ2.

The graphics....Im sorry man, Im not one of the massive numbers of people that simply play WoW because other MMO's wouldn't look great on their PCs. Im not going to just say "the graphics suck" because it's not true. The artists did a fantastic job working with those textures and making their world come to life. I just wanted a lot more than what they offered me with extremely low detailed characters, armor, and particle effects.

The fact is, WoW cannot lay a finger on EQ2's PVP environment. The only PVP in WoW exists in battlegrounds, and the very rare occasional players you will find roaming around causing trouble outside of cities. There is pretty much no world PVP in WoW at all. This is the major reason why I find so many people that come to EQ2 and freak out over how much mayhem takes place on our PVP servers. Nah, we dont have our own Battlegrounds, but If I wanted to play guild wars I would reinstall it :wink:.

Majpain
05-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Looks like they will be announcing it by Friday.

Phin-o-rama
05-14-2007, 06:00 PM
swg and eq2...oh and planetside....thats enough for me to know that soe blows (in my mind)

if you like eq2 more power to ya....

i like wow's animations, and combat...it feels like combat....thats why i played lotro for 3 days before cancelling...it sucks too

trust me ...i wish there was something better...but there isn't yet

nothing can hold a candle right now to wow imo...

and there is world pvp in the outlands

my computer can handle eq2 just fine, and yeah the graphics are better....but the gameplay isn't

FinsNCanes
05-14-2007, 07:28 PM

Yeah..

UO was the best MMO ever. I don't wanna hear about the game unless you played like the first couple years of release because after about the 2nd year or so they did some changes (although game was still good) it wasn't the same.

Oh..by the way..Age of Conan is going to destroy WoW (maybe not in mass numbers) but overall gameplay I believe it's going to be the next best thing.

Phin-o-rama
05-14-2007, 09:22 PM
i hope so...i am definitely eyeing it

its part of the reason i upgraded my pc...that and other games that will come out

im currently watching age of conan, and pirates of the burning sea

SirDrums
05-14-2007, 10:44 PM
I am hoping bliz announces the next startcraft. Of the three popular worlds bliz produces, starcraft has been ignored the longest and StarCraft Ghost doesnt count.

Diablo would be good but I really want to jump back into the starcraft universe this time around.

Phinz420
05-15-2007, 12:35 AM
swg and eq2...oh and planetside....thats enough for me to know that soe blows (in my mind)

if you like eq2 more power to ya....

i like wow's animations, and combat...it feels like combat....thats why i played lotro for 3 days before cancelling...it sucks too

trust me ...i wish there was something better...but there isn't yet

nothing can hold a candle right now to wow imo...

and there is world pvp in the outlands

my computer can handle eq2 just fine, and yeah the graphics are better....but the gameplay isn't

So when did you play EQ2? Im guessing it was sometime shortly after the release. Which would mean you have no idea what the game is like today, it undertook a complete overhaul when they released their second expansion. Which was a good thing, because I hated the game when I played it after it's release.

WoW has beyond outdated graphics, a non existing PVP world, and merely 9 Classes to choose from.

EQ2 has 24 classes and we have a REAL pvp environment. Soon to be on the 4th expansion in November and the game doesnt look like the back of a box of kid's cereal :wink:

Phin-o-rama
05-15-2007, 08:47 AM
lol...wow's graphics are their own style...not bad...just different

i like the graphics

and yea i played for a few months shortly after release.

FinsNCanes
05-15-2007, 12:46 PM
I am hoping bliz announces the next startcraft. Of the three popular worlds bliz produces, starcraft has been ignored the longest and StarCraft Ghost doesnt count.

Diablo would be good but I really want to jump back into the starcraft universe this time around.

A Diablo MMO could be cool :cooldude: . Not sure if there is enough content in the game to make an MMO but I'm sure they could come up with some.

Majpain
05-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Diablo wont turn into a MMO. That kills the franchise.

Btw we should see the anouncement sometime on the 19th.

QuenteK25
05-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Starcraft Please!

Phinz420
05-15-2007, 11:01 PM
yea i played for a few months shortly after release.

Well then, with your history of SOE coming from SWG(Pre NGU I imagine) and EQ2 near launch I am not surprised at all that you have disdain for the company.

The second expansion Kingdom of Sky brought in the PvP servers and a far superior(IMO of coarse) Alternate Advancement system than Ive encountered in any MMO yet.

EQ2 has taken many aspects that made WoW popular, as well as other games like EQ1 and Vanguard. The game is so different now, and the pace of combat is a lot of fun. 24 Classes is hard for them to balance in PvP, but I give them credit with how far they have come since the launch of KoS. They only crazy idea they did that I disliked was introducing a neutral faction called "Exiles", they live in a cave linked right near both the good and evil cities and they cause a lot of trouble. :ninja:

Oh well, makes for some crazy situations at times when all three factions are out heavy at the same time.

Majpain
05-15-2007, 11:36 PM
:lol: way to kill my topic guys :wink:

mor911
05-15-2007, 11:46 PM
Starcraft Please!
that's what I'm hoping for too

Majpain
05-16-2007, 02:16 AM
**Rumor**
SC2!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25633832&sid=6170797&action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;3

Things to consider

SC is the only Blizzard game that doesn't have a Sequel of some kind.

Starcraft2.com is registered as Blizzard, takes you to Blizzards main page.

The background to the timeline is very SC-Fi themed.

South Korea is where Blizzard will be announcing their next game. SK treats SC as a sport.

I'm freaking Stoked! Aslong as it isnt another freaking WC game!

Phinz420
05-16-2007, 05:13 AM
**Rumor**
SC2!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25633832&sid=6170797&action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;3

Things to consider

SC is the only Blizzard game that doesn't have a Sequel of some kind.

Starcraft2.com is registered as Blizzard, takes you to Blizzards main page.

The background to the timeline is very SC-Fi themed.

South Korea is where Blizzard will be announcing their next game. SK treats SC as a sport.

I'm freaking Stoked! Aslong as it isnt another freaking WC game!

That would be great news if it holds true.

Boston
05-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Over the past few days, Blizzard's official site has been running a strange promotional story. Each day they're updating with a different title from the company's past. Starting with WarCraft: Orcs & Humans, released in 1994, the site's progress is currently up to World of WarCraft, released in 2004. The only thing left is a glowing question mark. With one update per day, it just so happens the question mark reveal falls on the same day as the first of the WWI event, which translates to late Friday evening here in North America. Our diligent readers have been so kind as to point out the site starcraft2.com is also running the same promotional timeline.

credit ign.

Majpain
05-19-2007, 01:43 AM
We find out today (Saturday)

unluckyluciano
05-19-2007, 01:55 AM
Come on starcraft............

Majpain
05-19-2007, 02:04 AM
ITS OFFICAL!!!

FMV sequence in a spaceship - looks Terran - zooming in on a metal door - door opening - reveals a guy with a cigar in chains - prisoner - door shuts behind him - there's so much bass the room is shaking - guy steps into some kind of metallic devicce - legs are strapped in - guy rising toward ceiling - Korean text on screen got people very excited - another part of the machine is dropping metal arms on him - machine whirring - applying armor to his torso - extremly detailed visuals here - now guy is strapping on gloves - armor is molding together - seems like a Terran marine - rockets turn on - zerg now onscreen - Marine delivers a line - StarCraft 2 officially announced.

I BROKE THE NEW GUYS :)

Crisis
05-19-2007, 02:07 AM
ITS OFFICAL!!!

FMV sequence in a spaceship - looks Terran - zooming in on a metal door - door opening - reveals a guy with a cigar in chains - prisoner - door shuts behind him - there's so much bass the room is shaking - guy steps into some kind of metallic devicce - legs are strapped in - guy rising toward ceiling - Korean text on screen got people very excited - another part of the machine is dropping metal arms on him - machine whirring - applying armor to his torso - extremly detailed visuals here - now guy is strapping on gloves - armor is molding together - seems like a Terran marine - rockets turn on - zerg now onscreen - Marine delivers a line - StarCraft 2 officially announced.

I BROKE THE NEW GUYS :)

ya what would we do without you

http://pc.ign.com/articles/788/788627p1.html

I can't wait for sc2 though!!

Majpain
05-19-2007, 02:09 AM
3:07 - Showing gameplay footage - Looks like protoss ships - floating over asteroid/ base structure - entering protoss ase - similar looking buildings - vespene gas still in the game - character pane shows up on right side - some protoss guy - shifts to terran bases floating on rockets over same type of territory - sill collecting crystals as resources - marines load out. Dustin is actually playing the game - nothing in the game is final.

:lol: :hi5:

!!!

Majpain
05-19-2007, 02:09 AM
3:09 - controlling protoss zealots - still has psi blades and personal shield - new charge ability that let him quickly close range on enemies. Siege tanks shown - still the same type of behavior where they can lock down - take out zealots really quickly - new protoss unit - called immortals - have special shield that only activates upon being powerfully attacked - siege tanks could barely do any damage to them.

Omg Immortals sounds effing awesome!!

PeaTearGriffin
05-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Yes! Sc2