PDA

View Full Version : Game Informer:"COD4: Modern WarfareThe most intense FPS WE HAVE EVER SEEN!"

Dubfire
05-16-2007, 07:58 AM
New issue I just received yesterday. The game is set in the Middle East in middle of a huge civil war/insurgency. Sound familiar?

The developers say they will not let modern politics slip into the game. The screenshots look amazing. GI Online does not have a link to the article. At least not yet.

:drool:

Motion
05-16-2007, 08:49 AM
TV Commercial I saw for it looks amazing.

Mike13
05-16-2007, 10:29 AM
I wonder how many people will not buy the game because "it advocates the war in Iraq" or some crap like that.

StormSurge
05-16-2007, 11:06 AM
This sounds pretty sweet.

Dubfire
05-16-2007, 11:25 AM
I wonder how many people will not buy the game because "it advocates the war in Iraq" or some crap like that.

Some may spin it that way. A lot of the screenshots in the article look a lot like what we see on the news every day. And the fighting resembles a lot of what is happening today in some of the hot spots in Iraq. Our Marines are often caught in situations where they are "fish in a barrell" and one of the scenes described in the article is precisely that.

Regardless of how the game is presented, placing it in this setting will bring out detractors. And if they choose not to buy it, they will be missing out on what could be the best FPS in 2007.

Dolfan5000
05-16-2007, 12:04 PM
yay, can't wait.

Majpain
05-16-2007, 01:32 PM
:lol: what a joke.

It will never be intense with that Arcade style of play.

Tone_E
05-16-2007, 01:33 PM
Check out this 3D screen shot. Just left click once loaded, and rotate. INSANE. Check out the detail on the Blackhawk. Dented body and everything. DAMN.

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360-hires/4637/Call-of-Duty-4-3D-Screenshot/

Dubfire
05-16-2007, 01:57 PM
:lol: what a joke.

It will never be intense with that Arcade style of play.

What are you talking about?

It's not a tactical shooter even though some have argued that this version is close to it.

Gears is arcade style and you mean to tell me that game isnt intense? What about GoW2? That's not intense?

Majpain
05-16-2007, 02:14 PM
What are you talking about?

It's not a tactical shooter even though some have argued that this version is close to it.

Gears is arcade style and you mean to tell me that game isnt intense? What about GoW2? That's not intense?

I just never liked the COD series Gameplay. SP was great but Multiplayer was meh.

Gears is arcade but its freaking fun!

Dubfire
05-16-2007, 04:36 PM
I just never liked the COD series Gameplay. SP was great but Multiplayer was meh.

Gears is arcade but its freaking fun!

The series has not appealed to me either because of the WW2 setting. I played COD1 and was not too thrilled with the weapons. Now I have not played COD2 or 3 but this one appeals to me in a huge way.

A shooter is only as good as the weapons you get to use IMO.

Nappy Roots
05-16-2007, 05:18 PM
is game is #1 on my list of want....its going to be amazing. cannot wait.

Phinz420
05-16-2007, 06:18 PM
The series has not appealed to me either because of the WW2 setting. I played COD1 and was not too thrilled with the weapons. Now I have not played COD2 or 3 but this one appeals to me in a huge way.

A shooter is only as good as the weapons you get to use IMO.

Yeah and without those weapons from the WWII era(and the eras before it), we would all be speaking in another tongue by now.

I have always enjoyed playing classic themed shooters, in fact I get bored quicker with the futuristic garbage like Battlefield 2142. I own every other Battlefield title except that one, because I was bored just playing the Demo.

But then again, Im one of those wacky people that enjoy historical documentaries and classic war movies like Patton, The Great Escape, and The Longest Day. So maybe my taste is just different.

I have to agree with Maj on this one though, the only problem I ever had from the COD series was the fact it felt too much like an arcade shooter. I think there is a healthy medium between arcade shooters and tacticals, and too often we are just given one or the other.

That said, I have high hopes for this one just because there have been SO many CoD games already based on different arenas of WWII. This could be refreshing if they handle it properly. Let's hope the multi player is going to be a lot better this time around. I'm sure I will be picking this up on PC anyways though.

Bruzer
05-16-2007, 08:09 PM
It will probably turn out to be a run and gun like the other call of duty . I can walk through them on the hardest mode easy. They are ok but the same thing over and over basically.

Mike13
05-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Regardless of how the game is presented, placing it in this setting will bring out detractors. And if they choose not to buy it, they will be missing out on what could be the best FPS in 2007.

Yeah it does look good thats for sure.

Bruzer
05-16-2007, 09:23 PM
hate to say it cause I don't care for halo but halo will win best fps 2007 i can put money on it.

Tpaddle
05-16-2007, 09:29 PM
this game looks sick...can't wait for it