PDA

View Full Version : ***Offical StarCraft 2 thread***

Majpain
05-19-2007, 02:13 AM
LINKS
http://pc.ign.com/articles/788/788627p1.html
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6171170.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCraft_2
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/850/850126/imgs_1.html -Gameplay screens
http://starcraft2.com/ -Official Site.
http://starcraft2itsabouttime.ytmnd.com/
http://futurenet.vo.llnwd.net/o2/pcgamer/pcgp_083_20070518.mp3 PODcast
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/gamespace/updates.php?pid=939643&sid=6171179&tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

MOVIES
http://tvpot.daum.net/theme/ThemeView.do?themeid=122&lu=m_mono_1
sFe3I4SS4z0 - Cinematic Trailer *High Quality*
30MBljXxg3M - More Toss!

What we know so far.

- Minerals and Vespine Gas are the resources.
-Zealots get a ability that allows them to move quickly for a short amount of time
-Siege Tanks are the same, possibly do more damg
-Protoss get new unit "Immortal", has a ability which allows it to activate a powerful shield to protect against strong attacks.
-Terran have a new unit called "Reaper", it has a jump packs allowing it to cross over objects. 2 types of small pistols, has low damg.
-Protoss have the ability to create sheilds where ever they wan't.
-Protoss can warp units using a building, They warp within Pylon Range.
-New Protoss Unit called "Stalker" Is a quad unit much like the Dragoon. Blinks forward like the Templar has a Cool down on the ability.
-Worms pop out of the ground releasing some units.
-Protoss can use phase fields and teleporting abilitys to create an army anywhere on the map.
-New unit for Protoss "Colossus", Huge unit that fires dual lasers, long legs to move around in different terrain. My guess it looks like a Strider from H2. The attack power of this unit is HUGE.
-Zerglings can mutate into a suicidal unit that rolls around, Huge explosions.
-Colossus units are weak vs Air units.
-New unit "Pheonix" can overcharge guns for multiple projectile blast but after blast the ship is rendered inert for a short period.
-Pheonix units are strong.
-New unit for the Protoss "Warprey", flying unit that fires a blue laser that only gets stronger the longer it stays on the enemy.
-Warprey are good vs buildings weak vs ground units.
-Physics system lets debris from warpreys roll down a ramp :woot:
-Protoss has a mega unit called "Mothership",can only have 1 of them. Basicaly a giant floating base, that cost a hella lot. Special ability includes "timebomb" which slows all missiles down within the field. Has a devastating attack called "Planetcracker" which fires lasers on the ground, can move while this ability is going on. It looks like a triangle. Can create a blackhole anywhere on the map that sucks in units.
-Nukes are in the game :)
-Zerglings bring a whole new fear into Zerg RUSH!!!
-Not every race will have a super unit.

3:00 - FMV sequence in a spaceship - looks Terran - zooming in on a metal door - door opening - reveals a guy with a cigar in chains - prisoner - door shuts behind him - there's so much bass the room is shaking - guy steps into some kind of metallic devicce - legs are strapped in - guy rising toward ceiling - Korean text on screen got people very excited - another part of the machine is dropping metal arms on him - machine whirring - applying armor to his torso - extremly detailed visuals here - now guy is strapping on gloves - armor is molding together - seems like a Terran marine - rockets turn on - zerg now onscreen - Marine delivers a line - StarCraft 2 officially announced.

3:07 - Showing gameplay footage - Looks like protoss ships - floating over asteroid/ base structure - entering protoss ase - similar looking buildings - vespene gas still in the game - character pane shows up on right side - some protoss guy - shifts to terran bases floating on rockets over same type of territory - sill collecting crystals as resources - marines load out. Dustin is actually playing the game - nothing in the game is final.

3:09 - controlling protoss zealots - still has psi blades and personal shield - new charge ability that let him quickly close range on enemies. Siege tanks shown - still the same type of behavior where they can lock down - take out zealots really quickly - new protoss unit - called immortals - have special shield that only activates upon being powerfully attacked - siege tanks could barely do any damage to them.

3:10 - Terran reapers - can hop across unever terrain with jump packs - two types of small pistols that don't activate immortals. Protoss now have the ability to create shields whereever they want. Protoss can now warp in units from manufacturing facilities anything within pylon range. New protoss unit - stalker - can teleport - quadripedal thing - can keep blinking forward - seems to be a shot cooldown on the ability. Zerg start coming in, giant worms pop out of ground unleasing zerglings. Protoss can use phase fields and teleporting abilities to create an army anywhere on the battlefield, according to Blizzard.

3:14 - Protoss colossus - huge unit that can blast out dual lasers and use long legs to traverse differences in terrain height - in the demo two of them obliterate about fifty or so zerglings.

3:15 - Zerglings can mutate into suicidal bomb things thar roll across the ground - very powerful explosions. Colossus using new IK system to move across differences in terraing height. Colossus extremley weak against air strike - New unit for protoss - Pheonix - can overcharge guns for multiple projectile blast - but after blast the ship is rendered inert for a short period.

3:16 - showing space platform environment, land mass floating over planets / nebulae. Showing phoenix units failing to destroy terran battle cruisers - new protoss unit - Warprey - flying unit that does increased damage the longer it hits a target with it's continuous blue laser

3:18 - warprey also very effective against structures - very vulnerable to small unit fire - shws warpreys getting wiped out by terran marines. Physics system lets debris from warpreys roll down a ramp. Showing one more unit - warped in in a serious of cubes - giant floating base - called a protoss mothership - can only have 1 at a time - cost big resources - special abilities include timebomb that slows all enemy missiles inside - shows terran missle launcher shooting in projectiles that stop in the field before they reach the ship - when field ends missiles drop the ground - planet cracker attack - giant lasers stream from ship to ground - ship can be moved around while planet cracker laser is active - the ship looks like a metallic, triangular sand dollar - mothership can create a black hole anywhere it wannts to - creates distortion that actually sucks ships in and destroys them - in the demo the black hole destroyed four terran battle cruisers in about ten seconds.

3:23 - now showing terran and protoss fight - marines and zealots clashing on the ground - mothership and battle crusers in the air - framerate seems relatively stable as more units stream in - hard to tell - about 100 units on screen right now - a few of the new protoss units just came in - nuclear launch detected warning - every unit on screen destroyed - three nukes were launched at once - then zergs rush in and spell "GG" while turning into suicidal bombs

3:26 - Showing another video of "things to come." concept art for SC2 - zerg landscapes - ruined terran structures - freen filds - SC2 looks, at least visually, strikingly similar to SC1 - both in unit and map designs. Now showing a giant rush of zerglings - probably over 100 of them, swarming with no slowdown - mroe character art - finishes with the StarCraft II logo.

3:44 - Had to run out of conference room to plug in laptop - there's an hour long information session starting in about 30 minutes - don't know if there's an internet connection there so I might not be able to update until i get back. As for initial StarCraft 2 impressions - the game looked very similar to SC1 - nearly identical user interface - graphic styles and unit proportions nearly the same - more flashy lighting effects but it seems like Blizzard didn't want to mess with SC's underlying formula very much. The screens they showed the video on didn't display the video very clearly, unfortunately, but the game still looked pretty with some nice animations. We'll have to wait to bring you any updates on what kind of story elements are in SC2 - hopefully they're in the panel discussion. Anyway, gotta run - thanks for reading and we'll update as soon as possible.

3:50 - Blizzard has not yet announced a release date for StarCraft 2.

Wow Really Protoss Heavy wouldn't you say?

Seems like SC2 is going to be freaking great.

Majpain
05-19-2007, 02:47 AM
Here is another recap someone did

Ok, announcements are over with...lets compile what we know.

Look like they arent going the Warcraft 3 path.......for now at least.
They have only revealed the original three races, as it should be.

Seems they might be going the hero route though, which is REALLY lame. Protoss have a unit that it very strong, but can only have one of....hopefully this isn't a hero style thing and costs an insane amount to deploy.

Protoss look to be getting the most love. Many new units revealed.
* Protoss Colossus: A large quad-legged vehicle that fires strong dual lasers. Shown in the video destroying a large wave of Zerglings. This unit can also traverse differences in terrain height.
* Protoss Immortal: Apparently invincible to powerful attacks.
* Protoss Phoenix: Can overcharge guns for multiple projectile blast, but after blast the ship is rendered inert for a short period.
* Protoss Warprey: Flying unit that deals damage with a blue laser that does more damage as it focuses on the same target. Good versus buildings, weak against small arms fire.
* Protoss Mothership: A powerful flying unit which consumes an extreme amount of resources to produce, but is a unique unit (1 at a time). Has the Timebomb ability, which slows all enemy missile attacks, Earth Cracker which fires a large laser that obliterates anything in it's path, in the style of Independence Day. Also has an ability to create a black hole. Looks like a floating sand dollar.

Terran

* Terran Reaper: Uses dual pistols, can jet pack across terrain.

Zerg

*Some...giant...worm thing: Appears to be a transport unit that burrows underground....is shown breaking through the ground and unleashing a swarm of Zerglings
*Zerglings: They have a new ability....they roll up into a ball and go suicidal. Great...now the little *******s are even more annoying.

Game Details:
* Very similar in art style to Starcraft 1....only on beefed up steroids. Good..I always enjoyed Starcrafts gritty style and was really afraid theyd pull a War3 and go cartoony on us.
*Has a physics engine! Dead bodies are show rolling down hills
* Geography: Seems that geography in SC2 will have a much bigger role

Dubfire
05-19-2007, 08:22 AM
:woot:

Damn I have been waiting for this a looooooong time!

Dubfire
05-19-2007, 08:30 AM
As long as they keep the Terrans as funny as they were in the first one, I don't mind. Looks like the zealots have become much more powerful. Never played with the Protoss as much though. Looks like I'll be doing more of that this time.

Dubfire
05-19-2007, 08:32 AM
WTF.. those immortals beat the crap out of those siege tanks?????

mor911
05-19-2007, 10:45 AM
looks freakin' great! i don't think it's Protoss heavy... they haven't announced news for the Terrans, Zerg, or unknown (possible) 4th faction. If you go to http://starcraft2.com, you'll see under 'Features' that they have info in the Protoss... but the Terrans and Zerg area isn't even clickable yet. Maybe it's because they haven't announced it yet at the show :lol:

Majpain
05-19-2007, 01:07 PM
So it seems their around 20% done with the game. Probably is going to be released in 09.

I don't like the Zealots voice : /

I hope they change that.

I guess the Immortal takes the place of the dragoon?

So the 3 gateway units for the Toss are Zealots, Immortals, and Stalker.

I guess their not keeping Templars :(

Majpain
05-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Guys look at the FAQ on SC2.com

Majpain
05-19-2007, 01:44 PM
:lol: if you go to www.blizzard.com

SC2

Hell, its about time.

:lol:

Boston
05-19-2007, 02:47 PM
hell it is about time

mor911
05-19-2007, 04:38 PM
So it seems their around 20% done with the game. Probably is going to be released in 09.

I don't like the Zealots voice : /

I hope they change that.

I guess the Immortal takes the place of the dragoon?

So the 3 gateway units for the Toss are Zealots, Immortals, and Stalker.

I guess their not keeping Templars :(did they announce that 20% thing somewhere?

Majpain
05-19-2007, 04:47 PM
did they announce that 20% thing somewhere?

:lol: no I make % up :wink:

I'm just speculating, I mean they showed of the Protoss showed the Terrans and barely showed off the Zerg.

Now it maybe more complete than we know but I do know they have been working on SC2 since 04!!

So we might get a 08 release which would be effing awesome!

Phinz420
05-19-2007, 06:13 PM
I can't wait!

We need to have a SC2 launch party at FH :D

Have some tournaments on the first day for fin bucks or something I dunno. I guess it would only work though if we had a lot with the game on the first day.

mor911
05-19-2007, 06:27 PM
I can't wait!

We need to have a SC2 launch party at FH :D

Have some tournaments on the first day for fin bucks or something I dunno. I guess it would only work though if we had a lot with the game on the first day.
I'm 100% down to do that.

Majpain
05-19-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm down for it too :)

Of course my comp would have to run it first :lol:

How much do you guys know about Medusa?

mor911
05-19-2007, 06:59 PM
i am going to build a new pc for this game.

Boston
05-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Mor, get on 360 so you can aprove me!

mor911
05-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Mor, get on 360 so you can aprove me!i did! :tantrum: :ninja:

:tongue:

Dubfire
05-19-2007, 09:42 PM

I'm going to have to buy a PC to play this game. No way in hell I'm waiting 2-3 months for the Mac version.

mor911
05-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Blizzard usually packs the PC and Mac version on the same disc.

Boston
05-19-2007, 11:16 PM
you, you didn't reply to my msg moarore :(

WestCKoastiN
05-20-2007, 02:46 PM
I've been playing StarCraft since it was out... I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!! SC was the first online strategy game.

mor911
05-20-2007, 03:57 PM
I've been playing StarCraft since it was out... I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!! SC was the first online strategy game.

very far from true. WarCraft 2 (and many other RTS games) had the ability to play online... hell, we even did it via TCP/IP with WarCraft 1. StarCraft introduced Battle.net... which mad it MUCH easier to match online.

Majpain
05-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Updated the thread with a podcast.

Btw I guess only Toss will get a super unit :(

Dolfan984
05-21-2007, 06:09 AM
Protoss is my fav with Zerg a close second so it's cool to me :)

PeaTearGriffin
05-21-2007, 08:37 AM

ill have to delay building mine now just for this game, i was going to start this summer

Majpain
05-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Here is a nice read guys

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/gamespace/updates.php?pid=939643&sid=6171179&tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

Jaj
05-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Any predictions on the order of the campaigns?

Last time it was Terran-Zerg-Protoss followed by Protoss-Terran-Zerg. Naturally that must mean Zerg-Protoss-Terran right?....

Majpain
05-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Any predictions on the order of the campaigns?

Last time it was Terran-Zerg-Protoss followed by Protoss-Terran-Zerg. Naturally that must mean Zerg-Protoss-Terran right?....

Possibly.

Majpain
05-31-2007, 08:56 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6171790.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;2

SC2 not coming 07

Not shocked by this at all.

Majpain
06-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Update!!

30MBljXxg3M

New units!!