PDA

View Full Version : MERGED: Jet's Justin Miller in big trouble...

TarPhin
05-20-2007, 06:32 PM
assault on a woman, and a police chase....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2876896

do they have any other good corners to cover our WRs?

like2god
05-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Jets cornerback Justin Miller (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7233) was arrested early Sunday and charged with third-degree misdemeanor assault after he allegedly punched a woman in a New York City nightclub, ESPN's Jeremy Schaap is reporting.

Uh-oh spaghetti O's

popularwar
05-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Revis but he's only a rookie. This might give us an advantage earlier in the season.

DolphinsFan23
05-20-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm just glad none of our guys are getting in trouble so far this year. We'll have to cross our fingers. :D

I bet Cam and the other coaches probably laid down the law about offseason incidents with our guys. Cam might even know about all the usual places in South Florida the players might go and get into trouble. Maybe he gave all of them a card with an 800 number that will find them a cab if they've been drinking ... maybe even a driver or a wrecker service in order to get their fancy car home if they need to.

The new commish is going to be watching everyone these days. I don't think we have many "problem child" players on the team this year ... but you never know. Even Truck Traylor got in trouble a few years ago when he drank too much or something.

Crypt Keeper
05-20-2007, 06:58 PM
I'm just glad none of our guys are getting in trouble so far this year. We'll have to cross our fingers. :D

I bet Cam and the other coaches probably laid down the law about offseason incidents with our guys. Cam might even know about all the usual places in South Florida the players might go and get into trouble. Maybe he gave all of them a card with an 800 number that will find them a cab if they've been drinking ... maybe even a driver or a wrecker service in order to get their fancy car home if they need to.

The new commish is going to be watching everyone these days. I don't think we have many "problem child" players on the team this year ... but you never know. Even Truck Traylor got in trouble a few years ago when he drank too much or something.Did you forgot Joey Porter? His trial is coming up in a few weeks and he still has a possibility that he will be suspended.

alen1
05-20-2007, 07:00 PM
^ yeah and ricky failed another drug test, does he stil count as one ?

kegman
05-20-2007, 07:05 PM
I dont live in the states is third degree worse then first?? A misdemeanor means no jail possiblity right?? So the only real trouble (as far as playing time)he would be in is from the car chase right??

TarPhin
05-20-2007, 07:07 PM
yeah, first degree is the worst, but it seems like he would get charged with the police chase too. I know any of us would....

Smoke
05-20-2007, 08:05 PM
What is it going to take to teach these idiots to grow up?

FinNasty
05-20-2007, 08:09 PM
So he can out run NFL players on a kick return... but he cant out run some overweight cops?

Dolfan5000
05-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Did you forgot Joey Porter? His trial is coming up in a few weeks and he still has a possibility that he will be suspended.
extremely slim possibility
and if it is, it would be for 1 or 2 games

acmeanvil49
05-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Police said Miller was swinging at a man, but hit the woman after the man ducked.

That sounds like a 3 stooges movie right there.

The woman has a laceration on her face and swelling and pain in her knee.

That's a heck of a punch, hit in the face and your knee swells up.

Holy Schnikeys.

AirMarino72
05-20-2007, 08:34 PM

The new commish is going to be watching everyone these days. I don't think we have many "problem child" players on the team this year ... but you never know. Even Truck Traylor got in trouble a few years ago when he drank too much or something.
Good thing that Cam/Ram are doing a GREAT job of getting rid of the Troublemakers with younger,better talent,plus is the only problem this offseason is J Pezzy,he was listening to some RAP music and wanted to "Make it Rain" in Vegas, plus isnt Vegas motto "What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas"??? WTH happen to that??? :lol:

Pocoloco
05-20-2007, 09:03 PM
or New England's WRs, they easily have the best receiving corps in the division.

I think Ronnie had two 100+ games on them last year as well. We ought to be able to move the ball on them.

I could see the Jets taking a step back this year. New England is still the class of the division, we should experience some growing pains. I think the Bills could be poised to make a move for the wildcard.

VT Dolphan
05-20-2007, 09:03 PM
That sounds like a 3 stooges movie right there.

Holy Schnikeys.

:lol:

I seriously doubt he misses more than one regular season game, if that. Third-degree misdeameanor is nothing. The only reason he may even be suspended is because Goodell is the commissioner and has to keep his "cracking down on bad behavior" role intact. Not to say he doesn't deserve it, but if Tags was still commish, he'd get no more than a fine.

NathanHunt
05-20-2007, 09:31 PM
or New England's WRs, they easily have the best receiving corps in the division.

I think Ronnie had two 100+ games on them last year as well. We ought to be able to move the ball on them.

I could see the Jets taking a step back this year. New England is still the class of the division, we should experience some growing pains. I think the Bills could be poised to make a move for the wildcard.

You don't lose your best player on defense (Clements) and best player on offense (McGahee) and become poised to do anything except step backward.

Not too mention they lost some other key components on defense.

The way I see it, our growing pains and their losses give us an equal chance against the Jets and Bills to fight for 2nd in the division. And we're gonna have to win on the road at least once.

We MUST win all of our home division games this year to do anything. In recent years we have lost key divisional games EARLY in the year and it has sunk us for the remainder of the year.

We can't start with our feet in a hole if we expect to have a winning or .500 season.

BuffaloSoldier2
05-20-2007, 10:32 PM
Congrats Justin for making the Randy McMichael Club. :wink:

Seriously, that's the first thing Miller has hit all season. :wink:

BuffaloSoldier2
05-20-2007, 10:34 PM
You don't lose your best player on defense (Clements) and best player on offense (McGahee) and become poised to do anything except step backward.

Not too mention they lost some other key components on defense.

The way I see it, our growing pains and their losses give us an equal chance against the Jets and Bills to fight for 2nd in the division. And we're gonna have to win on the road at least once.

We MUST win all of our home division games this year to do anything. In recent years we have lost key divisional games EARLY in the year and it has sunk us for the remainder of the year.

We can't start with our feet in a hole if we expect to have a winning or .500 season.

I know this is the wrong thread, but Schobel was the best palyer on the Bills defense last year. And please tell some of the high price cbs in the playoffs last year? :wink:

And in what world was Willis the best player on our offense? Dude averaged 3.8 and had less than a 1,000 yards. You might want to check out Mr. Evans. :wink:

Ozzy
05-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Congrats Justin for making the Randy McMichael Club. :wink:

Seriously, that's the first thing Miller has hit all season. :wink:

We won't ever have to worry about hearing Billygoat players beating on Barfy women because all of them would whoop the snot out of them or sit on them.....

SpurzN703
05-20-2007, 11:00 PM
I think we talk all the smack in the world on this since they tried to "get us" when Randy Mac got in trouble with his wife again.

Let's do it :D

BuffaloSoldier2
05-20-2007, 11:00 PM
We won't ever have to worry about hearing Billygoat players beating on Barfy women because all of them would whoop the snot out of them or sit on them.....

Or we don't have scumbags on our team. :wink:

Ozzy
05-20-2007, 11:03 PM
Or we don't have scumbags on our team. :wink:

And OJ is innocent right? Well, at least he didn't beat women, he cut their heads off.....

BuffaloSoldier2
05-20-2007, 11:19 PM
And OJ is innocent right? Well, at least he didn't beat women, he cut their heads off.....

Hey, I'm the right person to judge him.

Besides, he retired as a 49ers and a cop in Naked Gun. He's their problem. :cooldude:

nyjunc
05-21-2007, 06:56 AM
Revis but he's only a rookie. This might give us an advantage earlier in the season.

revis was expected to start oppsite Dyson anyway. this hurts our return game more. I know he didn't try to hit a woman but he shouldn't be trying to hit a man either. he should be suspended by the Jets at the very least.

nyjunc
05-21-2007, 06:58 AM
I think we talk all the smack in the world on this since they tried to "get us" when Randy Mac got in trouble with his wife again.

Let's do it :D

Miller deservs a severe punsihment but wouldn't you agree the situations are just a little different? Mcmike hit his pregant girlfriend, Miller tried to hit a man but the man ducked and he acidentally hit a woman. he shouldn't have been trying to hit a man- he should know better but he did and he should be punished severely for it BUt it's nothing compared to what mcmike did.

Oraclepz
05-21-2007, 11:44 AM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/05212007/news/regionalnews/jet_arrested_in_bad_hit_on_gal_regionalnews_jamie_schram__brad_hamilton_and_jana_winter.htm

damn the nfl is in need of some solid role models

DolphinsFan23
05-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Did you forgot Joey Porter? His trial is coming up in a few weeks and he still has a possibility that he will be suspended.

Yeah, I guess I did forget about Joey Porter. Joey "lost it" in Vegas for some damn reason and got into a fight. Somehow, I think Joey will be able to get out of this one with some sort of "probation" with the new commish. As far as I've heard, he's only been in one or two off the field incidents. Nothing too major.

The new commish needs to have a bunch of attorneys write up some sort of code of conduct NFL law book or something. They need to have some sort of points system like with your driving privilege. It might be a thick law book but the new commish needs to do it. If you get too many points you get suspended. Too many points over a period of time you could get kicked out of the league. So far, I think Joey has some points on his record but not enough to get a suspension. If he got a DWI arrest or something, that might put him over the line, so he BETTER stay out of trouble this offseason.

Joey is 30 and has a wife and 4 kids. I kind of doubt he's going to be going out getting into a lot of trouble like Pacman or Chris Henry. He has a temper he needs to keep under control though. Cam might suggest that he take an anger management course or something. It would probably help him play better by learning to control it and focus it during the games. :chuckle:

Motion
05-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Miller deservs a severe punsihment but wouldn't you agree the situations are just a little different? Mcmike hit his pregant girlfriend, Miller tried to hit a man but the man ducked and he acidentally hit a woman. he shouldn't have been trying to hit a man- he should know better but he did and he should be punished severely for it BUt it's nothing compared to what mcmike did.

I agree, this seems like an unfortunate situation for Miller. McMike was just a straight up *****. So glad he's gone.

Mike13
05-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Hey, I'm the right person to judge him.

Besides, he retired as a 49ers and a cop in Naked Gun. He's their problem. :cooldude:

He's known as a Bill though.

:lol: She must have fell down and busted her knee.

TarPhin
05-21-2007, 03:31 PM
McMike's is worse, but Miller also ran from the police

SpurzN703
05-21-2007, 03:40 PM

Honestly bro I didn't even read the article b/c I don't care what these guys do in their private lives. When the trolls came out and talked **** about us and McMichael's abusive *** I said nothing.

I don't even really care now, just wanted to fling gorilla crap back at the trolls for a second

AirMarino72
05-22-2007, 06:13 AM
Yeah, I guess I did forget about Joey Porter. Joey "lost it" in Vegas for some damn reason and got into a fight. Somehow, I think Joey will be able to get out of this one with some sort of "probation" with the new commish. As far as I've heard, he's only been in one or two off the field incidents. Nothing too major.

The new commish needs to have a bunch of attorneys write up some sort of code of conduct NFL law book or something. They need to have some sort of points system like with your driving privilege. It might be a thick law book but the new commish needs to do it. If you get too many points you get suspended. Too many points over a period of time you could get kicked out of the league. So far, I think Joey has some points on his record but not enough to get a suspension. If he got a DWI arrest or something, that might put him over the line, so he BETTER stay out of trouble this offseason.

Joey is 30 and has a wife and 4 kids. I kind of doubt he's going to be going out getting into a lot of trouble like Pacman or Chris Henry. He has a temper he needs to keep under control though. Cam might suggest that he take an anger management course or something. It would probably help him play better by learning to control it and focus it during the games. :chuckle:
Hey i thought the Las Vegas motto was"What happens in Vegas STAYS in Vegas" LMAO,if charged he might miss 1-2 games,also i hear a "RUMOR" on the radio and ESPN reporter said this,I am asking cause i am not sure about this, that Justin Miller might be let go because of this???Does anyone know or heard the same thing??

Jetsfan0099
06-03-2007, 07:41 PM

Miller isnt even our best CB, hes not even good at CB. Dyson and Barrett are both better and are the starters right now at CB for us. Both are vets and are pretty good. Barrett is alright but is slow, Dyson is great. Revis is working at nickleback right now for us, he needs to work for the starting job. Miller is a great kick returner though, that defintely will hurt us on the return game if he gets suspended.

DrewAlmighty
06-04-2007, 11:01 AM

Do you have a QB to throw to your WRs?

Mo Lewis
06-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Miller isnt even our best CB, hes not even good at CB. Dyson and Barrett are both better and are the starters right now at CB for us. Both are vets and are pretty good. Barrett is alright but is slow, Dyson is great. Revis is working at nickleback right now for us, he needs to work for the starting job. Miller is a great kick returner though, that defintely will hurt us on the return game if he gets suspended.

Miller didnt even start at CB last year. He made the pro bowl as a special teamer.

I dont know if he will get suspended, only because it was his first offense.