- The Metal - Tenacious D

- My Name is Jonas - Weezer

- Knights of Cydonia - Muse

- Rock And Roll All Nite - Kiss

- School's Out - Alice Cooper

- Slow Ride - Fog Hat

- Cult of Personality - Living Colour

- Barracuda - Heart

Additionally, "Activision has revealed that GHIII features more master recordings than ever before".

Some other interesting info for those too lazy to click on the link, ;-):

"Guitar Hero III will be available on PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii and will feature an abundance of new modes, including a multiplayer action-inspired battle mode, boss battles, unlockable content and authentic rock venues.

More importantly, wannabe rock gods can get their fingers in a twist with the all-new wireless guitar controllers, with the Wii, Xbox 360 and PS3 getting the Gibson Les Paul and PS2 the proud recipient of a Gibson Kramer. What's more, the guitars will have removable faceplates that allow fans to personalise their guitars, plus they'll include a new button colour design for "an even greater authentic feel and rock experience".

In addition Guitar Hero III will include an expanded online multiplayer in which axe-shredders worldwide can compete in head-to-head battles to prove they're the ultimate rock legend."

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/791/791042p1.html

Motion
05-23-2007, 12:09 PM
:woot: Can't wait to get this.

Stitches
05-23-2007, 12:20 PM
I don't know abut the online because of hosting issues.

Motion
05-23-2007, 12:21 PM
I don't know abut the online because of hosting issues.

I've been holding out for the wireless guitar. I've never played the first two but I'm getting this one.

PeaTearGriffin
05-23-2007, 12:51 PM
- Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones

YES! :thumbup:

UltraDol-Fan
05-23-2007, 01:51 PM
:woot: sounds great! Beastie boys!

Motion
05-23-2007, 01:55 PM
:woot: sounds great! Beastie boys!

:yes: Can't wait to rock that one.

Phin-o-rama
05-23-2007, 02:03 PM
tenacious d, beastie boys, smashing pumpkins and weezer = buy

Samphin
05-23-2007, 05:37 PM
You know what the messe dup part is of this franchise? I now listen to songs in my car and envision the button combos in my head. Awful.

Oh, and I am buying this game. :)

Dolfan984
05-23-2007, 06:33 PM
You know what the messe dup part is of this franchise? I now listen to songs in my car and envision the button combos in my head. Awful.

Oh, and I am buying this game. :)

:lol: me too man. phrases like "imagine this solo in guitar hero" and "man my left hand would be on fire if I had to play that on GH" :lol:

playmaker1
05-24-2007, 03:40 PM
It is being tested right now. It should be a sweet game. Can't wait.

Enforcerfin33
05-25-2007, 08:23 AM
anyone hear anything about the game they are supposedly going to release before this one, that is basically going to be classic rock?

UltraDol-Fan
05-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Rock Band?

muscle979
05-25-2007, 10:31 AM
I'll buy this one for sure. The song list seems solid already. Isn't it releasing later this year?

Motion
05-25-2007, 10:34 AM
I'll buy this one for sure. The song list seems solid already. Isn't it releasing later this year?

:yes:

Phin-o-rama
05-25-2007, 10:55 AM
i don't think ill ever be more than a 'medium difficulty' guitar hero.....4 buttons is enough for me to be good at it and have fun playing the songs

when i go to hard, the songs speed up and they add the 5th button....it its a major curve to overcome....i haven't been playing it as much lately so that makes it difficult to adapt too....

great game though.

Enforcerfin33
05-25-2007, 11:12 AM
i don't think ill ever be more than a 'medium difficulty' guitar hero.....4 buttons is enough for me to be good at it and have fun playing the songs

when i go to hard, the songs speed up and they add the 5th button....it its a major curve to overcome....i haven't been playing it as much lately so that makes it difficult to adapt too....

great game though.
ditto bro...heck I still play on easy....most of the time....

SirDrums
05-25-2007, 11:49 AM
i hear ya man, I am just barely able to get some songs to 4 starts on medium.

Besides when i get done playing a song. Things in the room seem to be slowly waving like a flag LOL

UltraDol-Fan
05-25-2007, 12:09 PM
I never played past hard on the second one since I didn't buy it, just played at a friends. the first one, though, after I played for awhile I only played on expert. IMO it is so much more fun since you are strumming to every note and you get to play some of the more subtle parts.

muscle979
05-25-2007, 01:27 PM

great game though.

It is a tough curve but it's completely worth it. It adds a lot to the game to play it on hard or expert IMO. You should consider giving it another shot. I don't think you'll be sorry.

Miami 13
05-25-2007, 01:45 PM
I can't believe 7 out of those 11 are master tracks! This game is going to kick ***! Also Guitar Hero Rock The 80's in July!!! Woooooo!!

SirDrums
05-25-2007, 03:42 PM
do you guys think there are wearing the series out to fast? Seems like they pushing alot of games out in a short period of time. i hope they dont run out of ideas.

UltraDol-Fan
05-25-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm not sure they have to worry too much about it at this point. They don't really have to change anything to get people to buy this game, just add better songs

Dolfan32323
05-26-2007, 01:55 PM
They should Paradise City by Guns N Roses. THat would rock (no pun intended)!

Noodle Arm
05-26-2007, 02:39 PM
- Cult of Personality - Living Colour

Holy crap! That solo is hard enough to play on a real guitar, I can just imagine it on the GH one. :eek:

THeavyweight
05-26-2007, 02:45 PM
what will the final song be?

i didnt play the first was the first final song Stairway? cause if not this might have stairway

BDC87
05-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Finally a wirless for the 360. Playing GH2 on the 360 with the wired is a little whack, but i'm getting the hang of it.

Miami 13
05-26-2007, 08:24 PM
what will the final song be?

i didnt play the first was the first final song Stairway? cause if not this might have stairway
Guitar Hero I Final Song - Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon
Guitar Hero II Final Song - Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird

and I really hope Stairway to Heaven isn't the final song for III.

THeavyweight
05-26-2007, 09:55 PM
i dont know i kinda want it to be and i kinda dont want it to be

i cant think of any other amazing song that could end the game tho

can U?

muscle979
05-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Guitar Hero I Final Song - Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon
Guitar Hero II Final Song - Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird

and I really hope Stairway to Heaven isn't the final song for III.

It doesn't seem like that song would be hard enough to be the last song.

THeavyweight
05-28-2007, 01:41 PM
itd be awesome if some of the who was in there

baba o'reilly

we wont get fooled again!!!!

VT Dolphan
05-29-2007, 03:57 PM
itd be awesome if some of the who was in there

baba o'reilly

we wont get fooled again!!!!

I've been thinking the exact same thing, they really need to show the Who some love.

I think the songs they announced are alright but not great. I'm psyched for Paint It Black. Slow Ride should be good in cheesy sort of way. Muse is a pretty solid band. The other stuff doesn't really catch my attention.

I'm gonna be broke come this fall. NCAA, Madden, GH III, Halo 3, Mass Effect, GTA IV all look like must buys at this point.

Megatron
05-29-2007, 04:02 PM
GH3 is the game I am waiting for the most because I own a PS3.

Firesole
05-29-2007, 04:35 PM
I can't believe 7 out of those 11 are master tracks! This game is going to kick ***! Also Guitar Hero Rock The 80's in July!!! Woooooo!!

That is what I can't wait for. Does anyone have a link to the announced songs for that yet?

ETA: ****! I just read that the 80's game is only coming out for the PS2. :mg: Now I'm depressed! :fire:

TheMageGandalf
05-29-2007, 09:39 PM
- Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones

- My Name is Jonas - Weezer

- School's Out - Alice Cooper

Those are the ones I like although I would've choosen another song like 'Buddy Holly' or 'Beverly Hills' (not sure if those are the exact song names) from Weezer...

I see they are up to their usual get whatever song from a band even if its not that popular which IMO is lame.

I feel if your going to get major bands then get the best stuff. One excellent example is that Aerosmith song in GH2.

TheMageGandalf
05-29-2007, 09:41 PM
[/b]

ETA: ****! I just read that the 80's game is only coming out for the PS2. :mg: Now I'm depressed! :fire:

Dont sweat it too much since they didnt leave out the possibility of having downloadable tracks from that game...

For the price of ....YOUR SOUL...:lol:

Seriously, those DL content packs are way overpriced.

Motion
05-31-2007, 03:13 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

May 30, 2007 - There was no way that the Guitar Hero franchise could continue to break all sales expectations and not get noticed by the big dogs of the business world. RedOctane and Harmonix, the two teams responsible for the hit franchise, got snatched up by Activsion and MTV respectively thus ending their partnership for future Guitar Hero games. Of course, we haven't heard the last of Axel Steel or Johnny Napalm. Activision put the development in the able hands of Neversoft, a team best known for the Tony Hawk series.

Neversoft's driving philosophy behind Guitar Hero III (http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/899/899096.html) is a simple one: Give the fans what they want. That means the development team won't rock the boat too hard, staying true to the gameplay first laid out by Harmonix. But it also means that more of the songs and features we've all been clamoring for will finally make it in.

The song list has been carefully picked to meet the wishlists that have littered the internet since Guitar Hero was first released on PS2. More of the songs will be master tracks rather than covers. New multiplayer modes have been confirmed. A wireless controller is on the way. In short, you can put your fears aside. This is the same Guitar Hero we've all come to know and love. It looks a little different and has a few new fancy bells and whistles to get you excited all over again, but it's still Guitar Hero.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/792/792801p1.html

Motion
06-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Updated Song List

Paint It Black: The Rolling Stones
Cherub Rock: Smashing Pumpkins
Sabotage: Beastie Boys
The Metal: Tenacious D
My Name is Jonas: Weezer
Knights of Cydonia : Muse
Rock And Roll All Nite: Kiss
School's Out: Alice Cooper
Slow Ride: Fog Hat
Cult of Personality: Living Colour
Barracuda: Heart
Evenflow: Pearl Jam
Lay Down: Priestess

UltraDol-Fan
06-01-2007, 10:43 AM
GH3 is the game I am waiting for the most because I own a PS3.

I thought everyone who owns a PS3 is waiting for games :confused:

:lol: sorry couldn't resist

Motion
06-01-2007, 11:03 AM

Zing!

Phin-o-rama
06-01-2007, 11:25 AM

:hi5:

SirDrums
06-01-2007, 12:54 PM
There is a write up on Rock the 80's over at gamespy.