PDA

View Full Version : Update 1.80

Megatron
05-29-2007, 03:36 PM
FOSTER CITY, Calif., May 23, 2007 – Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) today announced that the next regular system software update for the PLAYSTATION3 (PS3) computer entertainment system (version 1.80) will be available on Thursday, May 24, and will add upscaling of PlayStation/PlayStation2 games and DVD movies up to 1080p resolution. Now, in addition to displaying native high-definition (HD) content in the highest possible quality (1080p), PS3 system can turn standard definition content into a vibrant HD-quality experience.
The latest firmware update also gives PS3 owners more flexibility to enjoy their digital entertainment content where they want to. The Remote Play feature for using a PSP(PlayStationPortable) system to access photos, videos, and music on a PS3 systems hard drive will be available from outside of a users own home via any Wi-Fi Internet connection, upon the next PSP firmware update. Additionally, PS3 can now play back media content stored on a personal computer or digital video recorder with Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) capability over a home network.
As adoption of HDTVs continues to surge, we know that consumers are hungry for content, and this latest firmware update leverages the PS3s technology to deliver an HD-quality experience using the entertainment media already in your collection, said Peter Dille, senior vice president of marketing, SCEA. In addition, we continue to enhance the PS3s capabilities as an entertainment hub, giving consumers the option to bring their content with them on-the-go, or to stream photos, videos, and music stored on their PC to the PS3 in their living room. Thats often where the largest TV monitor and sound system is located, giving consumers the best possible entertainment experience.

http://www.us.playstation.com/News/PressReleases/400

Sethdaddy8
06-01-2007, 07:40 PM
dude, my regular dvds still look like garbage after this update.

Blade
06-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Please tell me you have a newer high def. tv.

Megatron
06-01-2007, 09:46 PM
dude, my regular dvds still look like garbage after this update. High def TV?

Sethdaddy8
06-04-2007, 12:39 AM
High def TV?

has both 720p and 1080i. no 1080p.
regular dvd's come out worse than vhs.

Alien
06-04-2007, 12:45 AM
i dont know whats going on with urs sethdaddy8 but I just watched Pan's Labryinth with the new update and it almost rivaled my blue ray movies. Very, very nice picture, good job sony. I did play some ps2 games with the upgrade too and it seems to have taken out the rougher edges from some of the games and blended them, they look about the same. The dvd and video quality is what really got me though.

muscle979
06-04-2007, 11:16 AM
regular dvd's come out worse than vhs.

You must have a crappy TV. My 8 year old DVD player still looks better than a VHS. By a long shot. I haven't played one on my PS3 yet since downloading the update.

Megatron
06-04-2007, 05:22 PM
regular dvd's come out worse than vhs. You got a problem then dude. I watched Big Trouble in Little China for God's sake and the image was crisper even for that old movie.

Sethdaddy8
06-08-2007, 03:31 PM
dont get me wrong, the blue rays are great, and the games are great...not to mention my high def channels which come in awesome too, but regular dvds come in like crap for some reason when played on my PS3.

burton87
06-09-2007, 01:55 AM
change your settings to 720p only, then try it.

Sethdaddy8
06-11-2007, 12:33 PM
change your settings to 720p only, then try it.

ill give it a shot bob.