PDA

View Full Version : Shameless Plug

ckparrothead
07-25-2003, 10:19 PM
Sorry but this is just kinda funny. I just wanted to say guess who became the Fantasy Football Expert for the largest radio station in the Tampa/St Petersburgh area....98-Rock.

Its funny because I managed it by recommending CURTIS MARTIN!!! Ewwwww...

What happened is the DJs on air were talkin about the fantasy draft on ESPN that they were participating in on air. They went over a list of players they had already gotten and were talking about the 2nd tier of RBs that were left. They mentioned Curtis Martin and said somethin bad about him. So I called up real quick and was just like "Listen, if Curtis Martin is there among all those other scrubs you mentioned, you gotta get him. Amazes me how much a guy with his career can end up denigrated just for having an 'off' year rushing for merely 1100 yards"

I mentioned that how much it pains me to say that cuz I'm a huge Miami fan and I write as a Dolphins Correspondent for www.askthecommish.com and so they kept me on the line for like a half hour got my name, number, and everything and said they wanna do a weekly segment when season starts and I'll be their Fantasy Expert. They introduced me over the air and plugged the website and everything it was cool.

Sorry...just had to get that out there :)

MDFINFAN
07-25-2003, 10:23 PM
You go CK, but I want royalties for pushing you to greatness..LOL

ckparrothead
07-25-2003, 10:26 PM
LOL. It'll be fun I'm gonna plug the Phins like CRAZZZY. The 98-Rock listeners are already use to the station shamelessly denigrating the Buccaneers and plugging other teams. Bubba the Love Sponge is a HUGE packers fan and hates the Buccaneers and so many of the DJs there talk so much blatant trash about the Bucs its funny...cuz of all the arrests during the offseason and whatnot.

FinHeavenAJ
07-25-2003, 10:28 PM
you forgot to say.... "I write as a Dolphins Correspondent for www.askthecommish.com and www.finheaven.com"

:( :cry:

MDFINFAN
07-25-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
you forgot to say.... "I write as a Dolphins Correspondent for www.askthecommish.com and www.finheaven.com"

:( :cry:

Opps! :tongue:

ckparrothead
07-25-2003, 11:13 PM
Hah my bad. But since FinHeaven isnt a fantasy website, it wasnt all that relevant. I wasnt out there lookin for a plug man I just wanted to call in and use the rare opp to talk some football with the 98 rock guys, i didnt even say the name of the website until they were like "Hey can we plug the site you write for?"

WeVie
07-25-2003, 11:53 PM
So next time you are on the air don't forget to give a shout out to AJ Finheaven and the rest of us.

WharfRat
07-25-2003, 11:59 PM
Congrats CK.... they obviously know a knowledgable fan when they see (hear) one!

If you can slip in a plug for FinHeaven at all during your on-air correspondance.... it would be appreciated! :up:

The Beach Bum
07-26-2003, 12:56 AM
thats awesome, make sure you give soem much needed props to ricky and jason... they do not get the attention they deserve...

Muck
07-26-2003, 01:15 AM
Dude, who did you call?? And what times are you gonna be on?? Maybe you'll get to go to Lana's house and play strip fantasy football with her.

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-26-2003, 01:37 AM
CK... Great to hear man.. Your posts here are very knowledgable and everone kows you as being a very "knowledgable football fan".. Doesn't surprise me one bit of whats happening for you.. Good job and keep it up

ckparrothead
07-26-2003, 02:04 AM
Thanks guys. I called Fletch...the bastard son of the radio station. I've called Lana before, asked her to put in a good word for me with Christina Aguilera. I said "Just tell her some schmoe called the rocklines the other day and said he'd really like to do you in a rather uncomfortable place. I'm sure she'll track me down"

They have to call me with the details I guess, but it sounds like Friday nights, about the same time as I called tonight which was about 9:00 to 9:30 or so. Fletch was pissed cuz the other guy, is his name Sean? He was the guy on the phone with me forever and we were talkin all about fantasy football and Fletch was gettin pissed for all the "Cheating" Sean was doing by "gettin tips from the Fantasy Expert" the whole time while Fletch was goin it alone and his team was suckin.

We'll see what happens.

Clumpy
07-26-2003, 04:24 AM
Congrats :up:

cellout
07-26-2003, 08:54 PM
congrats, whats the pay????

also is the station online, id like to hear you on air