PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun

mor911
05-31-2007, 02:54 PM
Has anyone played the new Shadowrun for 360/PC?

It seems cool. I was pissed that they abandoned it's old RPG roots, but it seems like a good shooter. I guess i just wanted feedback before i went and looked for it.

none of the major publications have rated it yet
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/929196.asp

playmaker1
05-31-2007, 03:51 PM
I down loaded the demo, but haven't got a chance to play it yet.

UltraDol-Fan
05-31-2007, 05:47 PM
I was in the Beta, it was okay. It took awhile to get used to setting up your game style. If you just want to jump in and play a shooter it's probably not what your're looking for. If you want to sit down and figure out how you play, what weapons you want, what spells you want, what class you want then this is for you. It sets up kind of like PDZ where you get money for kills and winning rounds, then you can purchase spells (teleport, tree of life, res, etc), tech stuff (enhanced vision for accuracy, etc) or weapons.
there are a few different classes available, dwarf, human, elf, troll. Trolls are big and slow but when take damage their skin hardens into armor so are hard to bring down, elfs have a lot of magic and are fast, dwarfs are slow and strong and absorb magic, humans are average. Like I said, it takes awhile to get used to and there are some standard things that most everyone purchases, like teleport, but there is a lot of room to customize to how you like to play.

EDIT: one thing I forgot to mention is the controls acutally work really well. you basically use your bumpers and left trigger to load your spells, grenades and stuff and it is pretty easy to get used to and learn.

Joe Flipper
05-31-2007, 09:59 PM
I picked it up wen for 360....only played with bots so far...i also did the training!
I like it....

Megatron
06-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Has anyone played the new Shadowrun for 360/PC?

It seems cool. I was pissed that they abandoned it's old RPG roots, but it seems like a good shooter. I guess i just wanted feedback before i went and looked for it.

none of the major publications have rated it yet
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/929196.asp
No RPG means no interest from me. Too many shooters around anyway and I loved the original Shadowrun for the Sega Genesis. If it was more like a God of War style RPG that would be amazing.

TheMageGandalf
06-02-2007, 05:01 PM
No RPG means no interest from me. Too many shooters around anyway and I loved the original Shadowrun for the Sega Genesis. If it was more like a God of War style RPG that would be amazing.

Me too.

Although you know what?

I actually thought that the Genesis one was really weak compared to the SNES one.

That SNES one man...that was my fav. title next to FF2.

Nothing like waking up without knowing who you are on a cold slab in a coroners office and scaring the crap outta the two coroners to start off an awsome RPG :evil: .

Joe Flipper
06-02-2007, 06:59 PM
This GAME is online shooter F U N !

mor911
06-03-2007, 02:53 AM
i just played it for an hour or so... i can safely say that i'll never touch it again.

this article kinda says it all so i dont have to http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/shadowrun/review.html

playmaker1
06-03-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm glad all I did was download the demo. I'm not a big fan. But then again, I not really into these types of games.