PDA

View Full Version : New Age of Conan Video! Shows off inventory and such.

FinsNCanes
06-01-2007, 01:24 PM
ftp://ftp.funcom.com/media/Age_of_Conan/videos/01jun07/Age%20of%20Conan%20-%20Inventory%20System.wmv

Nothing super exciting, but it does show how the inventory is displayed (I like how the items rotate) and shows off the perty graphics. If the combat is as good as the graphics (and framerates) this game is going to blow any new MMO away imo.

DonShula84
06-04-2007, 02:14 AM
Which will be better, this or Warhammer? Obviously no one knows for sure, but anyone have an opinion?

FinsNCanes
06-04-2007, 09:11 AM
Which will be better, this or Warhammer? Obviously no one knows for sure, but anyone have an opinion?

I think both games will be good. It's just a matter of what you want.

Warhammer to me in alot of ways looks like a re-skinned WoW (give them credit though) they are more focused on RvR then PvE (so they claim). They did make DAOC though and that had fairly good PvP.

AoC is just going to be different from any other MMO. It goes from the city building to the sieges to the awesome character customization. Not to mention the new combat system with the 5 point "wheel" where you can link attacks together (if ya miss youre ****ed) to perform combos (and fatalies). AoC is rated M as well. No more lock on and watch your character play. You actually have to play it in this one.

Phinz420
06-04-2007, 12:47 PM
I think both games will be good. It's just a matter of what you want.

Warhammer to me in alot of ways looks like a re-skinned WoW (give them credit though) they are more focused on RvR then PvE (so they claim). They did make DAOC though and that had fairly good PvP.

AoC is just going to be different from any other MMO. It goes from the city building to the sieges to the awesome character customization. Not to mention the new combat system with the 5 point "wheel" where you can link attacks together (if ya miss youre ****ed) to perform combos (and fatalies). AoC is rated M as well. No more lock on and watch your character play. You actually have to play it in this one.
The same thing was said about DAOC though. It was called a rehashed EverQuest, the character models & textures looked like they were taken directly off from Sony's EverQuest. They were more focused on PVP in DAOC and that is what set that game apart, apparently they are going for the same direction with Warhammer.

Mindwarp
06-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Mythic did a great job with DAoC one of the most funs I have had with MMO's in a long time.

yes I had more fun playing DAoC then WOW.

FinsNCanes
06-06-2007, 08:03 PM
The same thing was said about DAOC though. It was called a rehashed EverQuest, the character models & textures looked like they were taken directly off from Sony's EverQuest. They were more focused on PVP in DAOC and that is what set that game apart, apparently they are going for the same direction with Warhammer.

Hopefully they're both good..

I'm just leaning more towards AoC because they're atleast trying something new.