PDA

View Full Version : Game Recommendations?

QuenteK25
06-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Looking to see what I want to buy next....I've pretty much only got Sports games right now, plus Gears and Halo 2 (http://www.blasteroids.com/games/details.cfm/xbox/halo_2).

So I need some more non-sports games.

A driving game cuz the wife likes those. Preferably one that is easy to just pick up and play for a newcomer, but not boring for a more experienced gamer. Something she can just hop on and race me. I've heard Forza 2 is good, but what games are there where you can do some track racing, street racing, and off roading? Or am I asking too much?

Then....
Which do you prefer of the following and why...

GRAW 1 or 2
Rainbow 6 Vegas
Lost Planet
Oblivion IV
Others...?

mor911
06-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Spend $10 and buy Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on Xbox Live Arcade. One of the best games on the 360.

Viva Pinata is great (clean too) fun and it's value priced. Gears of War is a must play experience... even if it only lasts 8-10 hours. If you've never experienced Oblivion, do that ASAP too.

My $0.02

EDIT -- By the way, i have over 30 360 games (just about any that are worth a crap) so if you have specific questions on one, let me know.

QuenteK25
06-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Thanks MOR, I may have some more specific questions once I narrow down my selections a bit.

Majpain
06-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Oblivion
Viva Pinata ( A kid friendly game, very fun though.)

UltraDol-Fan
06-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Rainbow 6: Vegas is the best tactical shooter out of the group IMO. The multiplayer is the best with the cusomization and ability to grow your character.

Majpain
06-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Rainbow 6: Vegas is the best tactical shooter out of the group IMO. The multiplayer is the best with the cusomization and ability to grow your character.

True, its a realistic tactical shooter.

Though Gears is ment to be played with strategy its just everyone runs N guns.

FinsNCanes
06-01-2007, 02:37 PM
If you like RTS I'd say try out C&C. I had a good time on it till I got stuck and it pissed me off.

I've personally had a hard time finding a game that doesn't bore me within a week so I might not be much help. I'm more of an online gamer.

FinsNCanes
06-01-2007, 02:37 PM
True, its a realistic tactical shooter.

Though Gears is ment to be played with strategy its just everyone runs N guns.

After playing it I kinda gotta disagree.

It's just stupid when people run up on you and chainsaw.

mor911
06-01-2007, 02:52 PM
If you like RTS I'd say try out C&C. I had a good time on it till I got stuck and it pissed me off.

I've personally had a hard time finding a game that doesn't bore me within a week so I might not be much help. I'm more of an online gamer.DUDE! What level are you stuck on? The same thing happened to me.

Dol-Fan Dupree
06-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Everyone I know who has Viva Pinata LOVES it.

No matter age, gender or hard coreness

SirDrums
06-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Guitar Hero II - Pure fun. Play lead guitar to same o you favorite songs is something you dont want to miss.

Rainbow Six Vegas - Loads of fun. I havent tried multiplayer yet.

Gears of War - Really enjoyed this game, multiplayer is too hardcore for me. If I want that kind of FPS MP experience , I'l play it on my PC.

Uno - If you like playing UNO this downloadable game on XB live is much fun.
Fightnight 3 - I am enjoying this one, took awhile to get into it though.

Oblivion - I have this one on PC and like it.

Most everything else I have played is blah..... Though I will admit I havent played that many yet.

mor911
06-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Everyone I know who has Viva Pinata LOVES it.

No matter age, gender or hard coreness:yes:

Apparently, viva-ing pinatas it a ton of fun... anyone get the really bad spanish joke in there?

Dolfan32323
06-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Eh, I didn't personally enjoy Viva Pinata. Own it but never play (fortunately it was free). Personally, I love Winning Eleven Soccer (not great graphics but awesome gameplay). You may want to check out PGR 3, as it is a "bargain" title yet is still very fun. It is more friendly to a newcomer than Forza. Other games I reccomend: NHL 2007, Table Tennis, Call of Duty 2 or 3 (3 if you play online), etc.

mor911
06-01-2007, 04:31 PM
PGR3 is an arcade racer while Forza is all sim. They're both great games, but they aim at two very different audiences. :D

Bruzer
06-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Rainbow 6
Oblivion
Viva

Are all can't misses at games. Oblivion has the amazing freedom and a vast world with tons of quest. Rainbow 6 best tactical shooter i have ever played online is loads of fun and the ability customize your character for coop and online is awesome. Then there is viva is a very suprisingly good game for 30$ you cannot complain about the game very big game overall that has many challenges you face. Although only one garden it does grow and you have over 60+ pinatas you can get.

TheMageGandalf
06-01-2007, 05:41 PM
I would recommend:

FEAR
Condemed: Criminal Origins
Dead Rising
Hitman Blood Money

Didnt see these recommended and I didnt want to repeat the usuals that have been already commented on such as Oblivion and RB6.

HOWEVER...

Whats up with Viva Piñata???

I read about it...still cant understand what that game is really about...something like a Sims game?

Any that can enlighten me as to whats up I'd appreaciate it...might consider getting it since most of you think its cool...

mor911
06-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Viva Pinata is a sims-ish game that have you breeding and developing Pinatas. It's great. The demo is free and it's what sold me. Go try the demo. Mostly everyone that played it loves it.

Bruzer
06-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Yea you can attact other pinatas but its all based on your garden like some like long grass other a certain ratio of water to land very interesting game.

Majpain
06-01-2007, 07:01 PM
After playing it I kinda gotta disagree.

It's just stupid when people run up on you and chainsaw.

Thats what I'm saying.

Epic wanted to create a tactical shooter that people actually moved as a group. You go on online play and you get the opposite. If people have mics its better but most of the time you do your own thing.

titanFIN
06-04-2007, 08:03 PM
IF you liked Dungeons and dragons back in high school you will love the awesomness that is oblivion. YOu can kill anyone, steal ****, or be a good guy who kills evil mo'fo's. Also your power is incredible. If you find the game to eash you can pump up the difficulty. Even at the standard rating the game is challenging! You can create any character your heart desires.

TheAnswer385
06-04-2007, 08:41 PM
rainbow 6 vegas oblivian and gears of war

americanmoose84
06-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Honestly I would recommended trying out a rental service like Gamefly first. Then if you get a game you really like you always have the option of buying it.

I would choose Rainbow Six: Vegas out of the listed games.

SECfootball
06-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Guitar Hero 2 is a lot of fun if you've never played it on another console. Definitely pick it up.

Oblivion
NCAA Football 2007 (or wait for 08)
Download Geometry Wars in the Arcade