PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo News not showing us any love

NCFINZFAN
06-03-2007, 05:40 PM
Not that anyone cares, but interesting to read others viewpoints. Apparently they think we're going 0-16.

www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/90014.html (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/90014.html)

PhinGeneral
06-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Why? It certainly doesn't seem overly unfair to me. As much as I hate Buffalo, the author does raise valid questions.

finsmx
06-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Great sports writer :shakeno:

BIHPhinFan4Life
06-03-2007, 05:54 PM
how can this guy be saying this? i think the bills are a worse team then the phins right now. they lost EVERYBODY literally. they are depending on a rookie to carry their offensive load.

feelthepain
06-03-2007, 06:06 PM
how can this guy be saying this? i think the bills are a worse team then the phins right now. they lost EVERYBODY literally. they are depending on a rookie to carry their offensive load.

I think anyone with the slightest common sense sees the Dolphins as better then the Bills. Don't stress it, when they play the games we'll see where the two teams are. I think Maimi has better coaching more starting experience and more talent across the board then the Bills. Unless Miami has a ton of key injuries again this year we should be better.

jp2lee783
06-03-2007, 06:08 PM
The point of the article was to raise questions for all of the the teams. Persoanlly I think the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets all have a shot for second this year.

Unless Brady goes down, the east will go to the pats.

jason8er
06-03-2007, 06:13 PM
uh....okay. What do you guys expect from a city that doesn't care if they finish 2-14, as long as they beat the Dolphins twice.

feelthepain
06-03-2007, 06:13 PM
The point of the article was to raise questions for all of the the teams. Persoanlly I think the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets all have a shot for second this year.

I don't!

feelthepain
06-03-2007, 06:19 PM
uh....okay. What do you guys expect from a city that doesn't care if they finish 2-14, as long as they beat the Dolphins twice.

Great point, talk to any Bill fan and their argument is, "we beat you twice last year....we're better then you". So I then Bring up, we must be better then the Bears, Pats and Chiefs cause we beat them last year. Gotta love that philosophy, however if we're better then the Bears, Chiefs and Pats why didn't we make the playoffs too??? I guess you can't use common sense if you follow that phiosophy, Nuff said.

KPDolfan424
06-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Im so sick of articles about the dolphins always saying "THE AGING DEFENSE" WTF ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT? I understand JT,Vonnie Holiday, Zach and all that, but we have young up and coming starters on D. Jason allen coming in his second year, travis daniels, channing crowder, matt roth, Yerimiah Bell wtf man

huck1974
06-03-2007, 06:22 PM
as long as we sweep the bills, I'm happy

late again
06-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Eh...aside from the snide remark at the end about tickets, it was on target. I think the questions raised were all fair questions. In fact just look through the (thousands of) posts on this board concerning the QB issue. If we have questions about it, it stands to reason that anyone else who's interested would too. The same with the O-line. We can speculate, but in truth our O-line is also a big question mark, right now.

feelthepain
06-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Im so sick of articles about the dolphins always saying "THE AGING DEFENSE" WTF ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT? I understand JT,Vonnie Holiday, Zach and all that, but we have young up and coming starters on D. Jason allen coming in his second year, travis daniels, channing crowder, matt roth, Yerimiah Bell wtf man

As if being a bias Buffalo paper wasn't enough, the Dolphins age on Defense statement should be enough to tell you someone doesn't know what their talking about in Buffalo....no real surprise. Let them think what they want, it's just a bias opinion.

GridIronKing34
06-03-2007, 06:28 PM
I was on nfldraftcountdown.com and I look at a few mocks in 08 to see the next draft class (yes things are that slow). Everyone had predicted us to do very bad, many have us at #1 overall, picking Brian Brohm (yes after we JUST drafted Beck). I don't care what anyone says, I just hope this season comes FAST.

feelthepain
06-03-2007, 06:38 PM
I was on nfldraftcountdown.com and I look at a few mocks in 08 to see the next draft class (yes things are that slow). Everyone had predicted us to do very bad, many have us at #1 overall, picking Brian Brohm (yes after we JUST drafted Beck). I don't care what anyone says, I just hope this season comes FAST.

They had us in the SB race this time last year....howd that work out??

GridIronKing34
06-03-2007, 06:43 PM
They had us in the SB race this time last year....howd that work out??

Yep, I just find it funny how we're Super Bowl contenders one year and the worst team in the league the next year.

feelthepain
06-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Yep, I just find it funny how we're Super Bowl contenders one year and the worst team in the league the next year.

Pretty much. Take the two split it down the middle and you come up with a 500 ball club. I won't be disappointed in that in Cams first season, especially if we find a way to get Beck on the field.

PhinGeneral
06-03-2007, 07:30 PM

No offense, but the article wasn't about comparing the Dolphins with the Bills, or how they will finish. It was about questions to be answered for the teams in the East. He even had a lot of questions about the Bills, so the article wasn't irrational.

PhinGeneral
06-03-2007, 07:40 PM
As if being a bias Buffalo paper wasn't enough, the Dolphins age on Defense statement should be enough to tell you someone doesn't know what their talking about in Buffalo....no real surprise. Let them think what they want, it's just a bias opinion.

I'm not sure I'd call it biased. Miami's 2 best defensive players are getting up in age. Holliday and Traylor aren't exactly young either.

The point is, you, me and most of this board may think Miami may have some very good young defenders coming up, but many of them (Evans, Wright, Roth, Allen, etc.) haven't proven a whole lot yet. Even guys like Crowder and Bell have yet to hit that next level. Until they do, most reporters outside of Miami aren't going to see what we think we might have. And until those young guys prove themselves, and a few of them ascend to the quality level of Zach and JT, it's still not that unfair to label the defense as aging.

jp2lee783
06-03-2007, 07:56 PM
I don't!

Why not?

pennPhinFan
06-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Great point, talk to any Bill fan and their argument is, "we beat you twice last year....we're better then you". So I then Bring up, we must be better then the Bears, Pats and Chiefs cause we beat them last year. Gotta love that philosophy, however if we're better then the Bears, Chiefs and Pats why didn't we make the playoffs too??? I guess you can't use common sense if you follow that phiosophy, Nuff said.

No, they were better than us because they had a better record. "Nuff said"-- this year i'd say we improved a lot more than they did, so we should be a lot better hopefully. Just can't say we were better than year when we won fewer games.. don't see the sense in that, just sound homerish. :D go phins!

Mike13
06-03-2007, 08:05 PM
How dare he!

WestCKoastiN
06-03-2007, 08:07 PM
No I really doubt 0-16 many people thought the Raiders were going 0-16 they managed to win a few games..

phintim
06-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Just the way I like it under the radar and no pressure on us its all on the rest of the league to think that they have to beat us!

padre31
06-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Pretty much. Take the two split it down the middle and you come up with a 500 ball club. I won't be disappointed in that in Cams first season, especially if we find a way to get Beck on the field.

"IF" we can get Beck on the field even if he is only handing the ball of 25+ times a game, develop our young O-lineman, and Ginn doesn't flop, and Crowder steps up, this will be the start of something good IMO.

IMO Ronnie Brown will make any QB better this year, I am of the firm opinion that RB will move way forward this year maybe to Pro Bowl alternate, he really is our best offensive option and we should run him constantly.

Kadiddlehopper
06-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Eh...aside from the snide remark at the end about tickets, it was on target. I think the questions raised were all fair questions. In fact just look through the (thousands of) posts on this board concerning the QB issue. If we have questions about it, it stands to reason that anyone else who's interested would too. The same with the O-line. We can speculate, but in truth our O-line is also a big question mark, right now.:yeahthat:

ih8brady
06-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Under the "Breakdown" and "Question" sections of the article, this clown doesn't mention the key losses Buffalo had this offseason. Yep, no bias here.

PhinGeneral
06-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Under the "Breakdown" and "Question" sections of the article, this clown doesn't mention the key losses Buffalo had this offseason. Yep, no bias here.

Yes he does. He mentions Poz and Lynch as having to fill the shoes of 2 good players, and hopes Youboty is good enough to win a starting CB spot.

What were you expecting, he was going to cry in his milk?

BuffaloSoldier2
06-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Yes he does. He mentions Poz and Lynch as having to fill the shoes of 2 good players, and hopes Youboty is good enough to win a starting CB spot.

What were you expecting, he was going to cry in his milk?

I'm glad some here has some common sense and can read. He's not dissing the Fins. Personally, I think it is a very good breakdown. If you take the blinders off, you'd be nuts if you don't think the Fins might struggle this year. A new coach, no idea who the QB is, a shaky oline, and a very good but aging defense. Plus, they finished last in the division last year. Though he's not even comparing the Bills, the Bills obviously have a lot of their own questions to answer.

P.S. I'm sure the Herald won't be biased and pick the Fins to finish ahead of the Bills. :wink:

GoBills24
06-03-2007, 10:24 PM
I think the article was dead on.

Which of the questions that he brought up for the Phins is not valid?

GoBills24
06-03-2007, 10:26 PM

Edit: NM

feelthepain
06-03-2007, 10:34 PM
No, they were better than us because they had a better record. "Nuff said"-- this year i'd say we improved a lot more than they did, so we should be a lot better hopefully. Just can't say we were better than year when we won fewer games.. don't see the sense in that, just sound homerish. :D go phins!

I think we had a lot of injuries yet still beet three playoff teams and had a better Offens and Defens then they did. Both staistically and ranking.

BuffaloSoldier2
06-03-2007, 10:39 PM
I think anyone with the slightest common sense sees the Dolphins as better then the Bills. Don't stress it, when they play the games we'll see where the two teams are. I think Maimi has better coaching more starting experience and more talent across the board then the Bills. Unless Miami has a ton of key injuries again this year we should be better.

So last year, you were lead by a guy that before the season everyone here though was the next Lombardi. Now you get the offensive coordinator of a team with the most offesive talent in the NFL (a big time loser in his only head coaching job at Indiana - Saban was a national champ in case you don't remember :wink:) and you have better coaching??? :err: I'm not saying Cameron won't be good but that's a silly statement don't you think?

And let's break things down:
Qb - Adv. Bills. You may have missed it but Losman was the 11th rated passer and had 7tds and i int career against MIA.

Rb- Adv. Fins. Lynch is gonna be good but I'd be a homer to say Brown isn't the choice.

Wr- Adv. Bills. Evans is a star, Chamber is in consistent. Booker might not be on the team but is a good #2. But the depth of Reed, Price, and PArrish gives the Bills the advantage.

Te- Adv. Bills. Royal is one of the best blocking TE in the league and caught a td in 3 straight games.

OL - Adv. Bills. They may have overpaid a bit but Peters and Dockery will be one of the best left sides in football. mark it down.

DL - Adv. Fins. But the Bills d-line is underrated.

LB- Adv. Fins.

DB- Push. The Bills' safties are better and I don't think Miami's corners are good but the Bills' corners haven't proved anything either.

Special Teams - Adv. Bills. Bills have one of the best units in the league. Lindell was a top kicker last year, Moorman is a probowl punter, and McGee (former pro bowl kr) and Parrish are real dangerous. The jury's out on Ginn on the NFL level but still the Bills have a much deeper unit.

Coaching - Adv. Bills. Jauron has been a coach of the year. Losman improved his rating by 20 points without the idiot Mularkey (I'm sure we can all agree on Mularkey being an idiot :wink:). Plus an underrated factor is the Bills are in their second year using the same offensive and defensive systems. The fins have to learn a new playbook.

All in all, the Bills (IMO) are the better team. But there's always a lot of variables and a lot can change. I'm not knocking the Fins as much as being really confident in my guys. Perhaps a friendly wager? Bills have the better record, you have to keep an avatar of my choice for a whole year. And vice versa. Deal? :wink:

BuffaloSoldier2
06-03-2007, 10:46 PM

No offense but that is the probably the worst logic I have ever heard. Teams get lucky wins all the time. The Texans beat the Colts last year. Are they better than the Colts? Hell no. But then let's say the Texans had a better record than the Colts, won both games they played, almost shut them out in both games except for a last minute td, and have beat them 5 out of the last 6 times they played. I think anyone who's not completely brain dead would agree the Texans are the better team.

Now substitute the Bills for the Texans and Colts for the Fins. Simple mathematics. :ninja:

SpurzN703
06-03-2007, 11:01 PM
2 questions dude.

1. Since you don't live in Buffalo, why bother reading what their local sports writer has to say?

2. Did you actually expect a Bills writer to show the Dolphins love?

SpurzN703
06-03-2007, 11:04 PM

Thats bc all "experts" base their opinions on the trends of the NFL. Well if one team is good this year, they most certainly will be the same if not better next year right?

Of course not b/c that then means that a team who has a crappy record won't ever get better, at least in that logic.

SpurzN703
06-03-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm glad some here has some common sense and can read. He's not dissing the Fins. Personally, I think it is a very good breakdown. If you take the blinders off, you'd be nuts if you don't think the Fins might struggle this year. A new coach, no idea who the QB is, a shaky oline, and a very good but aging defense. Plus, they finished last in the division last year. Though he's not even comparing the Bills, the Bills obviously have a lot of their own questions to answer.

P.S. I'm sure the Herald won't be biased and pick the Fins to finish ahead of the Bills. :wink:

Knowing the Herald man, they'll probably pick Miami to go 4-12. Wouldn't surprise me a bit

Mo Lewis
06-03-2007, 11:09 PM

I think that was just SI. The fact that the dolphins won their last 6 games of 2005 pulled the wool over everyone's eyes. Off the top of my head they beat the patriots back ups, and four teams that all had 10 more losses (including the jets and bills). Once the dolphins signed culpepper si jumped all over them.

MelbournePhin
06-05-2007, 11:00 AM
we're not in full bown rebuilding mode. thats just ridiculous

Kinzua
06-05-2007, 12:31 PM
we're not in full bown rebuilding mode. thats just ridiculous

Okay. The Fins aren't in full blown rebuilding mode.

Maybe by trading a draft choice for Trent Green and he does "great", the Fins win 2 more games than last year which brings them to 8-8. Then again, maybe Green doesn't do so good, so they finish with 4 to 6 wins again.

Either way, no play-offs, and they have the choice of going with a 38-year-old QB or a 2nd QB in 2008. They're short a draft pick. All their defensive stars are a year older -- and when they're all on the "wrong side of 30" that's not a good thing.

Sound familiar? It ought to because the Fins have been doing the same thing over and over again for the last five or six years -- giving up draft choices for that one more supposedly great player who'll put them into the playoffs. Only the Fins haven't made the playoffs, have they?

JT#1
06-05-2007, 12:41 PM

Maybe by trading a draft choice for Trent Green and he does "great", the Fins win 2 more games than last year which brings them to 8-8. Then again, maybe Green doesn't do so good, so they finish with 4 to 6 wins again.

Either way, no play-offs, and they have the choice of going with a 38-year-old QB or a 2nd QB in 2008. They're short a draft pick. All their defensive stars are a year older -- and when they're all on the "wrong side of 30" that's not a good thing.

Sound familiar? It ought to because the Fins have been doing the same thing over and over again for the last five or six years -- giving up draft choices for that one more supposedly great player who'll put them into the playoffs. Only the Fins haven't made the playoffs, have they?
Green is just a stopgap for this year, despite what anyone says if we can get decent QB play we can make the playoffs, and we did draft Beck for the future this year.

rdhstlr23
06-05-2007, 01:02 PM
First thing, BuffaloSoldier I'd like to make a bet like that. Of course, I'm assuming it's on who has the better "total" record at the end of the year. But, we can do it for AFCE record, or just games played against, although tie would do nothing. Just let me know. I think it would be very fun, even if the other loses. It makes things more fun and interesting to the boards. Maybe we can do something where I post on your BillsForum to make if fair (seeing if I lose the bet) so that I will get the same jeering if I lose, that you would get.

My thoughts are these. I don't see anything wrong with the article. It was a fair assessment of our team. The two biggest questions are our QB and our OLine. If we get solid play from both of those positions I believe we can contend for a playoff spot. I still believe that, talent wise, we can compete with any one in the NFL. The talent is there to be a very good team. The problem is we don't have all the right parts for the system, injuries, or porous coaching. I think we have a very good coach, and I think the parts are getting better (not there yet), and no one knows what will happen with injuries. I think it's going to be a very tough year in the AFCE as it always is.

GoBills---great sig. Robby is coming back, as I knew he would...too talented to continue to hit like that, and nice to see Melky getting more time with Damon as DH and Giambi on DL..I love that kid. However, I don't know if it'll be enough for us this year...Go Yanks.

shaunm000
06-05-2007, 03:42 PM
buffalo rules!

BuffaloSoldier2
06-05-2007, 07:33 PM
First thing, BuffaloSoldier I'd like to make a bet like that. Of course, I'm assuming it's on who has the better "total" record at the end of the year. But, we can do it for AFCE record, or just games played against, although tie would do nothing. Just let me know. I think it would be very fun, even if the other loses. It makes things more fun and interesting to the boards. Maybe we can do something where I post on your BillsForum to make if fair (seeing if I lose the bet) so that I will get the same jeering if I lose, that you would get.

My thoughts are these. I don't see anything wrong with the article. It was a fair assessment of our team. The two biggest questions are our QB and our OLine. If we get solid play from both of those positions I believe we can contend for a playoff spot. I still believe that, talent wise, we can compete with any one in the NFL. The talent is there to be a very good team. The problem is we don't have all the right parts for the system, injuries, or porous coaching. I think we have a very good coach, and I think the parts are getting better (not there yet), and no one knows what will happen with injuries. I think it's going to be a very tough year in the AFCE as it always is.

GoBills---great sig. Robby is coming back, as I knew he would...too talented to continue to hit like that, and nice to see Melky getting more time with Damon as DH and Giambi on DL..I love that kid. However, I don't know if it'll be enough for us this year...Go Yanks.

Sounds good boss, I'm in. I think it should be total overall record but I'm in for any side bets (ex. Bills vs. Fins or AFCE record if you can think of a wager). And for the total record, how bout the winner is in control of the loser's avatar and sig for an entire year, can choice whatever they want, and change whenever the mood strikes them. Deal? Pm if you got any questions. :cooldude:

BuffaloSoldier2
06-05-2007, 07:34 PM
What seems funny about that article to me is about Buf fans getting tickets to the game in Miami????

How many fans from Buffalo even have enough money to pay for food and heat, let alone airfare and hotels in South Beach!

I could buy your whole family. :wink:

rdhstlr23
06-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Sounds good boss, I'm in. I think it should be total overall record but I'm in for any side bets (ex. Bills vs. Fins or AFCE record if you can think of a wager). And for the total record, how bout the winner is in control of the loser's avatar and sig for an entire year, can choice whatever they want, and change whenever the mood strikes them. Deal? Pm if you got any questions. :cooldude:

Sounds good bud. Both of us have to frequent each other's board as well...BillsZone? Whatever you want. Total overall record will do. Should be fun. I've already got a few delicious treats coming your way.

G-Money
06-22-2007, 11:49 AM

I agree

SpurzN703
06-22-2007, 11:59 AM

Same thing every year eh? Like, drafting a QB in the 2nd round? When's the last time Miami drafted a QB?

Green is here to hold the ship until Beck is ready. Simple as that

Bills16Fins6
06-26-2007, 05:47 PM
What seems funny about that article to me is about Buf fans getting tickets to the game in Miami????

How many fans from Buffalo even have enough money to pay for food and heat, let alone airfare and hotels in South Beach!I bet they all could chip in a couple of bucks to buy you a jersey that fits!:ninja:

Kinzua
06-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Same thing every year eh? Like, drafting a QB in the 2nd round? When's the last time Miami drafted a QB?

Green is here to hold the ship until Beck is ready. Simple as that

If "Green is here to hold the ship until Beck is ready." then why spend a draft pick on him at all? KC was going to cut him eventually. If they didn't, they still had Culpepper and Lemon.

BTW, what happens if Beck isn't ready to be a starter next year? Now, Miami has a 38-year-old QB ...