PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion of the Nintendo DS?

Dolfan32323
06-03-2007, 08:27 PM
I was thinking of purchasing a Nintendo DS this summer. I feel the price is somewhat reasonable, and I know a few people (of all ages) who own one and really enjoy. The thing is, I am not sure if I should get one or not. Does anyone here own one? Also is it worth the $130 to get one, considering the games are not that cheap. Is the WiFi also included in the DS? One last thing, for those who do own one, what games do you reccomend? Thanks all.

Get Up And Go
06-03-2007, 10:23 PM
I have a DS and I don't regret getting one.

Recommended games:

Mario Kart(racing)
Metroid Prime(1stperon shooter)
Pokemon diamond/pearl(RPG?)
Animal Crossing(addicting)

Yes Wifi is free unless you don't have a wireless connection.

Majpain
06-03-2007, 11:27 PM
Some of the best RPG's are on the GBA.

FinsNCanes
06-04-2007, 09:12 AM
I'd just get a PSP.

Pokemon can kiss my balls.

Get Up And Go
06-04-2007, 11:29 AM
I'd just get a PSP.

Pokemon can kiss my balls.

You would like that wouldn't you, nasty:lol:

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2007/06/04/buy-a-ds-and-get-a-free-game/

good deal at Circuit City.

Dolfan32323
06-04-2007, 05:04 PM
I have a DS and I don't regret getting one.

Recommended games:

Mario Kart(racing)
Metroid Prime(1stperon shooter)
Pokemon diamond/pearl(RPG?)
Animal Crossing(addicting)

Yes Wifi is free unless you don't have a wireless connection.Yeah I have heard those are must have games. Do I have to buy a seperate attachment for the DS in order to get Wifi, or is it built in like the Wii?

Get Up And Go
06-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Yeah I have heard those are must have games. Do I have to buy a seperate attachment for the DS in order to get Wifi, or is it built in like the Wii?

The Wifi is built in.

Desides
06-04-2007, 05:32 PM
The DS is definitely worth the price of admission, as long as you keep two things in mind: there's a severe drop-off in quality from the top tier games to the second tier; and the thing isn't nearly as innovative as the fanboys keep saying.

I recommend New Super Mario Bros, Phoenix Wright 1 and 2, Mega Man ZX, both Castlevania games, and Final Fantasy III. Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime and Tetris DS are good diversions, too.

Dolfan32323
06-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks for your thoughts guys. I think I'll wait for a deal to be run before I pick one up.