PDA

View Full Version : Quinn expected to hold out, Dolphins starting to look good already

FinAtic8480
06-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Browns | Quinn expected to hold out
Mon, 4 Jun 2007 12:11:22 -0700
ESPNews reports Cleveland Browns QB Brady Quinn (http://www.kffl.com/player/13456/nfl) is expected to hold out during contract negotiations.

Quinn is full of it. The guy got drafted 22nd overall and he thinks he is gonna get payed top money. Im sorry but for a guy who got passed up by so many teams and got drafted close to the 2nd round he can sit the whole year for all i care. Makes me happy we went with Ginn, and I really hope Beck turns to something special so we look like genius for this draft. Talk about making us look good.

arsenal
06-04-2007, 04:25 PM
wtf, how can this be news now? hes already planning on holding out when they haven't even talked money yet? huh :confused:

FinAtic8480
06-04-2007, 04:28 PM
"That's something, I don't know, that's (Condon's) job," Quinn told reporters who cover the team. "The pressure's on him, not me. The pressure's on me to perform on the field. I think there (are) two sides to it. It's not just on me. It's on him and the Browns. They've got to come to an agreement and figure something out. I'm just a guy out here playing. They're doing all the talking."

I thought players hired their agents, and told them what to do......

LarryFinFan
06-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Uhh...exactly how does this make the Fins look good ?? I mean, Beck or Ginn could hold out too ya' know ?? What Quinn does has absolutely nothing to do with how the Fins will be...

O'townPhinFan
06-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Not that I care but I bet you he is expecting top 10 money.....

greatwade
06-04-2007, 04:35 PM
To front offices league wide, having Tom Condon as your agent
is like having 10 Drew Rosenhauses on steriods.

That alone is the reason a hold-out would appear likely. He would
be considered uber-agressive in negotiations and contract demands.

One of many factors making Quinn an unattractive draft prospect.

HysterikiLL
06-04-2007, 10:17 PM
I don't see how this makes the Fins look better -- he is likely going to hold out because he feels he deserves more than what a typical 22nd overall pick would get paid. Had we drafted him, it would've been at 7 and we would have been more inclined to pay him a top 10 contract.

Tetragrammaton
06-04-2007, 10:49 PM
How do we look better?

A lot of first round quarterbacks hold out. Phillip Rivers and Matt Leinart are examples. They are doing pretty good.

playmaker1
06-05-2007, 11:33 AM
those guys were top ten picks though. Quinn was in the 20s. But he want top ten money.

SpurzN703
06-05-2007, 11:41 AM
I think he's saying we look better b/c it goes to show what type of lunatic Quinn is. He didn't get drafted Top 10 so he doesn't deserve Top 10 money.

Though we don't really know what the deal is so I'll reserve my judgement until things become more clear

playmaker1
06-05-2007, 11:55 AM
I think he's saying we look better b/c it goes to show what type of lunatic Quinn is. He didn't get drafted Top 10 so he doesn't deserve Top 10 money.

Though we don't really know what the deal is so I'll reserve my judgement until things become more clear

Ok, I will wait to find out more also. We got a month or so.

rdhstlr23
06-05-2007, 12:48 PM
I dunno, maybe it's just me and I'm oldschool (an old-school 23 yr old, haha). But, if the franchise that I grew up loving, always wanted to play for traded it's 1st round draft pick (which should still be pretty high) to draft me when so many others teams drafted me, I might show them a little thanks and take what the market is at on the #22 position. I wouldn't hold out and lose time and look like an arse. I'd take that contract and work my tail off to be as good as I know that I am to show every team that passed on me up.

I too am glad we passed on Brady Quinn, the kid is a primadonna who I believe will never achieve greatness in the NFL.

Vertical Limit
06-05-2007, 04:09 PM
I don't see how this would make us look better, but what ever. Fin fans need to pick on Quinn as much as possible to feel better about not choosing him; yet, when we passed on him on draft day, 90% of fin fans were about to commit suicide, and almost ripped Cameran's head off as he was announcing the selection of the "Ted Ginn family".

DonShula84
06-05-2007, 04:41 PM
those guys were top ten picks though. Quinn was in the 20s. But he want top ten money.

Can you show me a quote where Quinn says he wants or expects top 10 money? He has an agent that is known for tough negotiations, this "news" (which already has a thread about it) is about his agent, not Quinn. Obviously his agent is going to send threats so to speak through the media about a potential hold out so the Browns come at them with a decent offer. Any other player and no one would say a thing.

DonShula84
06-05-2007, 04:44 PM

He's a lunatic based on nothing, amazing logic :sidelol:

Aqua4Ever04
06-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Not that I care but I bet you he is expecting top 10 money.....

I bet you're right. I could see a hold out through most of camp and into preseason because Quinn is going to be saying, "Well I was SUPPOSED to go top 10 so I should get that money."

icephinfan
06-05-2007, 06:47 PM
I bet you're right. I could see a hold out through most of camp and into preseason because Quinn is going to be saying, "Well I was SUPPOSED to go top 10 so I should get that money."

The Ginn pick looking better to you now AQUA???:wink:

Aqua4Ever04
06-05-2007, 06:59 PM
The Ginn pick looking better to you now AQUA???:wink:

This is going to be something I'm going to have to face all year huh?

For the record guys, Ice told me we were taking Ginn and obviously I thought it was all about Quinn.

Hey man, I hope you get to make me eat crow all year, I hope Ginn's a pro bowler.:wink:

icephinfan
06-05-2007, 07:02 PM

For the record guys, Ice told me we were taking Ginn and obviously I thought it was all about Quinn.

Hey man, I hope you get to make me eat crow all year, I hope Ginn's a pro bowler.:wink:

No need to eat crow, besides you already did on draft day.:lol:

One thing is for sure, he will help us get the field postion we need to score a TD.

playmaker1
06-05-2007, 07:03 PM

plus you like the fuskies...:tongue:

Aqua4Ever04
06-05-2007, 07:05 PM
No need to eat crow, besides you already did on draft day.:lol:

One thing is for sure, he will help us get the field postion we need to score a TD.

And he will score TDs once he gives us the field position. :wink:

plus you like the fuskies...:tongue:

Sorry, I like Rosebowl victories. 1918 is a long time running. :wink::lol:

icephinfan
06-05-2007, 07:09 PM
And he will score TDs once he gives us the field position. :wink:

Sorry, I like Rosebowl victories. 1918 is a long time running. :wink::lol:

I forgot to add, we may not need the offense with all the punt and kickoff reurned for TD's." ofcourse i am having alot of wishful thinking."

Aqua4Ever04
06-05-2007, 07:11 PM
I forgot to add, we may not need the offense with all the punt and kickoff reurned for TD's." ofcourse i am having alot of wishful thinking."

Look at Devin Hester last year man, watching all those returns Ginn had in college, I don't think it's that insane to think possibly 5 return TDs.

If he's healthy, I'm tempted to guarentee 2 TDs on returns. When he gets the first one, it completely changes the way teams kick to us. I'll set the over/under at 3 and say he lands on it. 2 punts, 1 kickoff.

icephinfan
06-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Look at Devin Hester last year man, watching all those returns Ginn had in college, I don't think it's that insane to think possibly 5 return TDs.

If he's healthy, I'm tempted to guarentee 2 TDs on returns. When he gets the first one, it completely changes the way teams kick to us. I'll set the over/under at 3 and say he lands on it. 2 punts, 1 kickoff.

Man, definetly going to want our defense to go 3 and out everytime they are on the field.

Ginn returning kick will be alot of fun to watch.

Aqua4Ever04
06-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Man, definetly going to want our defense to go 3 and out everytime they are on the field.

Ginn returning kick will be alot of fun to watch.

Yeah no doubt man. I can't want to see him in aqua and orange.

satz
06-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Wow did you guys know that only 26 players out of 255 drafted have signed and the highest signed draft pick is 71 booker.

so 90% of the draft picks are holding out and all the first and second rounders.