PDA

View Full Version : This certainly is good news..........

FINSFAN2781
06-05-2007, 11:22 AM
At least not for the Pats. Seems like they will be without one of their best players for a while. Certainly helps.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2893597

Geforce
06-05-2007, 11:24 AM
At least not for the Pats. Seems like they will be without one of their best players for a while. Certainly helps.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2893597

This will only be good news to me if he's not there when we play them.

FINSFAN2781
06-05-2007, 11:39 AM
This will only be good news to me if he's not there when we play them.

Well we play them home Week 7. So if sits out until Week 10 like he says he will, they miss one of their best players. It also helps out whoever they play during that time.

t-dubya
06-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Who??? I am at work and espn is blocked so I can't read it...

Findawg
06-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Asante Samuel (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6456)

FinAtic8480
06-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Boy do they know there stuff at your job....

PhinzN703
06-05-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm sure it gets worked out in no time. You can't have the Patriots looking like an organization that doesn't treat it's players right

aleta
06-05-2007, 12:09 PM
I REALLY DON'T CARE!! That's there problem. Every time they win againts us is normal, but went we win there is always an excuse, that the game was meneanless for them, or we got there play bock or something. Screw them!! GO DOLPHINS!!

aleta
06-05-2007, 12:19 PM

At least he can join finheaven:D

slickj101
06-05-2007, 12:22 PM
def good news, samuel is the only player i like on the pats, hope he gets traded.

phinphan11
06-05-2007, 12:33 PM
How many times have we heard a player say this only to come around before the season started?

He'll cave in and play the first game. It's not like he's Champ Bailey or anything.

Wally Walrus 13
06-05-2007, 12:44 PM
I would highly anticipate that he will be traded before week 2 for a couple of draft picks. Hopefully out of the Division and Conference !!!!

t-dubya
06-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Thx PhinDawg... I am pretty sure it's just from me being on espn's msg boards all day, I keep waiting for finheaven to get blocked...

t-dubya
06-05-2007, 12:47 PM
At least he can join finheaven:D
That's why I found this place, I used to just be on the Phins forum on espn all day... As long as I get my daily fins fix I am good:D

PhinGeneral
06-05-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm sure it gets worked out in no time. You can't have the Patriots looking like an organization that doesn't treat it's players right

They'll only due what's prudent to them. They didn't cave in to either Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law or Deion Branch's demands, so unless Samuel's agent agrees to what the Patriots think is a fair proposal we could definately see a lengthy holdout.

Skeet84
06-05-2007, 12:49 PM
They will probably just trade him

Coral Reefer
06-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Wow, only offered 7.79 Million for one year......

What a slap in the face! LMFAO.
The sports scene has gotten so ridiculous.

Sign your contract.
Realize that the franchise tag is part of the game and know if you prove yourself once again that you'll get that extra 3 million/yr. offer next year.
Effin ridiculous.:rolleyes2

Makes you really question why we are all still fans of this nonsense.

dolpns13
06-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Wow, only offered 7.79 Million for one year......

What a slap in the face! LMFAO.
The sports scene has gotten so ridiculous.

Sign your contract.
Realize that the franchise tag is part of the game and know if you prove yourself once again that you'll get that extra 3 million/yr. offer next year.
Effin ridiculous.:rolleyes2

Makes you really question why we are all still fans of this nonsense.

What happened...I cant read ESPN at work...Any chance of pasting the story?

satz
06-06-2007, 11:34 AM
I do not know why they compare to him the past

laywer milloy - cap hit so too big and will not redo his contract to stay under the cap.You guys do realize you cannot spend over the cap right.

Tylaw - left for more money and the franchised Adam V that year.

Deion branch - He was undercontract , i would love to see the dolphins have a guy holdout on a contract and them paying him more.lol every player will hold out.

btw, the jets are intrested .I see him going to the jets now.

JIVE
06-06-2007, 11:58 AM
I do not know why they compare to him the past

laywer milloy - cap hit so too big and will not redo his contract to stay under the cap.You guys do realize you cannot spend over the cap right.

Tylaw - left for more money and the franchised Adam V that year.

Deion branch - He was undercontract , i would love to see the dolphins have a guy holdout on a contract and them paying him more.lol every player will hold out.

btw, the jets are intrested .I see him going to the jets now.

The Patriots are not going to let him go to the Jets unless they give up two first round picks. And they are not doing that.

PhinzN703
06-06-2007, 12:10 PM
They'll only due what's prudent to them. They didn't cave in to either Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law or Deion Branch's demands, so unless Samuel's agent agrees to what the Patriots think is a fair proposal we could definately see a lengthy holdout.

They'll probably trade him and receive 3 #1 picks :rolleyes2