PDA

View Full Version : A Samuel sitting out first 10 weeks

Ohio Fanatic
06-05-2007, 05:21 PM
report says A Samuel sitting out first 10 weeks of the season. combine that with the hopeful upheavel of an unhappy Moss and maybe the chinks in the armor will turn into holes that we can drive through. Every little bit helps.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2893597

Dolfan32323
06-05-2007, 05:24 PM
One can hope but NE would probabl ask a lot and not want to trade him to an AFCE team

dolpns13
06-05-2007, 05:25 PM
report says A Samuel sitting out first 10 weeks of the season. combine that with the hopeful upheavel of an unhappy Moss and maybe the chinks in the armor will turn into holes that we can drive through. Every little bit helps.

Moss is unhappy in Rat-Land?

Virginia99
06-05-2007, 05:29 PM

Maybe their genius coach can have R. Moss and W. Welker play DB too.

Dolfan984
06-05-2007, 05:31 PM
That's huge for Chris Chambers. Samuel owns him.

Aqua4Ever04
06-05-2007, 05:49 PM
I'd rather see Samuel sit out rather then get traded even if it was to us. All that would do is tear the Pats apart from the inside out and I can understand where Samuel is upset. He was one of the best CBs last year and is getting low balled once again by that wonderful front office while big name players are coming in and getting money. It will be for the same price as Deion Branch and I wouldn't want to pay that.

Montella
06-05-2007, 06:10 PM
we'll beat the patsies with or without samuels, it doesn't matter!!! :cooldude:

JIVE
06-05-2007, 06:36 PM
I'd rather see Samuel sit out rather then get traded even if it was to us. All that would do is tear the Pats apart from the inside out and I can understand where Samuel is upset. He was one of the best CBs last year and is getting low balled once again by that wonderful front office while big name players are coming in and getting money. It will be for the same price as Deion Branch and I wouldn't want to pay that.

Lowballing him? Do you know what they are offering? I am a Patriots fan and I don't know, but please enlighten me.

Samuel's agent said they are looking for 30 million dollars to be paid out over the first three years of the contract. That is absurd money. I don't blame the Patriots for not giving in if those are his demands.

If Samuel chooses to forfit 8 million dollars to sit and twiddle his thumbs for six months then that is his decision. In my opinion it is a stupid one, but he is within his rights to do it just as the Patriots are within their rights to franchise him and let him and not give him a new deal.

And if you think the Patriots would allow the situation to get to the point where "it would tear the Patriots apart from the inside" then you are clueless.

TBW12
06-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Lowballing him? Do you know what they are offering? I am a Patriots fan and I don't know, but please enlighten me.

Samuel's agent said they are looking for 30 million dollars to be paid out over the first three years of the contract. That is absurd money. I don't blame the Patriots for not giving in if those are his demands.

If Samuel chooses to forfit 8 million dollars to sit and twiddle his thumbs for six months then that is his decision. In my opinion it is a stupid one, but he is within his rights to do it just as the Patriots are within their rights to franchise him and let him and not give him a new deal.

And if you think the Patriots would allow the situation to get to the point where "it would tear the Patriots apart from the inside" then you are clueless.
:yeahthat:

Mo Lewis
06-06-2007, 12:40 AM
I would settle for him sitting out week 1.

JIVE
06-06-2007, 09:17 AM
I wonder why that is.:emjai:

satz
06-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Jets are intrested .

Mike13
06-06-2007, 02:22 PM

They would trade him before then.

Mo Lewis
06-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Samuel on Jets’ radar
By Albert Breer/ MetroWest Daily News
Wednesday, June 6, 2007 - Updated: 07:00 AM EST

FOXBORO - Asante Samuel has a solid case for seeking a cash bonanza from the Patriots If they won’t pay him what he wants, he knows other teams will.

And one just might be the New York Jets.

According to a source with knowledge of the situation, “several teams” have expressed a willingness to meet Samuel’s asking price, which is a contract in the neighborhood of the eight-year, $80 million deal free agent Nate Clements signed with the 49ers.

The Patriots offered a one-year, $7.79 million franchise tender that Samuel has yet to sign.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/pa...ticleid=1005056

Smoke
06-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Just out of curiosity, has a franchised player really actually ever sat out? I hear guys threathening to do it every year but the problems always seem to get resolved.

Crunkcore
06-10-2007, 12:33 PM
we'll beat the patsies with or without samuels, it doesn't matter!!! :cooldude:

:yeahthat:

Mo Lewis
06-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Just out of curiosity, has a franchised player really actually ever sat out? I hear guys threathening to do it every year but the problems always seem to get resolved.

I am not sure if he was franchised, but deion brach did this last year. He said in the offseason he wouldnt play unless he got a deal. So he ended up sitting out 2-3 weeks and was finally traded to seattle.

Smoke
06-10-2007, 02:24 PM
I am not sure if he was franchised, but deion brach did this last year. He said in the offseason he wouldnt play unless he got a deal. So he ended up sitting out 2-3 weeks and was finally traded to seattle.

He wasn't franchised. Was in the final year of his rookie contract. Still thats a good example, forgot all about him. I just wonder if somebody has actually sat all the way to week 10. I think Briggs might do it this year if the Bears don't trade him first.

JIVE
06-10-2007, 07:25 PM

The difference in that is that Branch was set to make a little over a million for the year where as Samuel is set to make almost 8 million. Slightly different, don't ya think?

satz
06-10-2007, 09:14 PM
He wasn't franchised. Was in the final year of his rookie contract. Still thats a good example, forgot all about him. I just wonder if somebody has actually sat all the way to week 10. I think Briggs might do it this year if the Bears don't trade him first.
Yes one QB sat out a whole year in the early 90s.The only time that has happened though....non is the last 22 yrs atleast.

Tailgater
06-12-2007, 01:06 PM

Joey Galloway is about the only successful case I remember of a tagged player holding out for the first 9-10 games.

He went back to Seattle after sitting out the games, got dinged up and did nothing the rest of the season, then was traded to Dallas for 2 #1 picks. He then got a rich deal from Dallas.

McCardell did something similar. Not sure if he was tagged or not.

Tai Mai Shu
06-12-2007, 03:31 PM
BEST OFFENSE? http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/06/jaworski_ron_m-1.jpg
Jaworski Says:
1. Patriots
2. Dolphins
3. Bills
4. Jets

BEST DEFENSE?
Jaworski Says:
1. Patriots
2. Jets
3. Dolphins
4. Bills

WIN DIVISION?