PDA

View Full Version : Premium or Elite?

dolphinfan2k5
06-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Ok, so I think I'm gonna be getting a 360 tomorrow and I can't decide whether or not to get a Premium or an Elite. It will be on a 61 inch 1080p tv. I doubt that I will need all extra memory, but I suppose it would be nice to have. I will probably just get the Premium though. My main question is how much would it help to have an HDMI cable, if at all. I think those are the only differences in the two, so help me decide. :up:

muscle979
06-06-2007, 10:39 AM
With a TV like that you should get the one with the HDMI cable. Without it I don't think you'll get the best picture possible. Just get a playstation unless you have your heart set on Halo or something. A blu-ray movie would look amazing on your TV. I guess it all just depends on what you want out of the system.

dolphinfan2k5
06-06-2007, 02:38 PM
With a TV like that you should get the one with the HDMI cable. Without it I don't think you'll get the best picture possible. Just get a playstation unless you have your heart set on Halo or something. A blu-ray movie would look amazing on your TV. I guess it all just depends on what you want out of the system.

Can you use an HDMI cable with the premium if you buy one separate? Also, I will only be using that tv for a year till I go to college, so that doesn't matter much. I don't watch that many movies either.

Stitches
06-06-2007, 04:00 PM
You can only use HDMI on the elite to my knowledge, and I think the extra memory is worth getting the elite actually. I know I will need to upgrade my memory in the near future probably, and I have a premium console. If I didn't have my 360 linked to my computer, my memory would be even more scarce due to needign to save music to my hard-drive.

Motion
06-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Go with the Elite.

FinsNCanes
06-06-2007, 08:00 PM
If you don't have one already I'd just say get the Elite. I already own one and I don't think it's worth it to "upgrade" to an Elite. I think I'll live though..:D

It would be nice though if they could sell the HDMI hook up seperate for the rest of us.

QuenteK25
06-06-2007, 09:50 PM
I'd go with the Elite as well, but I'm curious FinsNCanes, why do you think it's worth the upgrade? What actually made it worth it for you?

FinsNCanes
06-10-2007, 01:49 PM
I'd go with the Elite as well, but I'm curious FinsNCanes, why do you think it's worth the upgrade? What actually made it worth it for you?

It's not worth the upgrade if you already have one.

Maybe I made a typo..? :tongue:

If he doesn't have one though I guess you might as well get the Elite.

QuenteK25
06-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Lol, unless you went back and edited your previous post, it's pretty obvious what you meant. It's also apparent that I can't read :)

dolphinfan2k5
06-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Any special place I should get one for the best deal? I'm getting the Premium. I think I'll get it online to avoid 25 bucks of sales tax, cause plenty of places have free shipping. Buy.com has a ten dollar coupon I am eligible for. So that would be $390. I guess I can get a second controller for free at Circuit City for $404 total though.

So if you know of any deals, let me know.

Also, do I have to order something separate to charge the controllers? Does the one(s) that it comes with just use AA batteries or is it rechargeable? I'm hoping that it is rechargeable and comes with a way to recharge it but I'm thinking that's not the case. Thanks for the help in advance :)

GridIronKing34
06-14-2007, 01:16 AM
Any special place I should get one for the best deal? I'm getting the Premium. I think I'll get it online to avoid 25 bucks of sales tax, cause plenty of places have free shipping. Buy.com has a ten dollar coupon I am eligible for. So that would be $390. I guess I can get a second controller for free at Circuit City for $404 total though.

So if you know of any deals, let me know.

Also, do I have to order something separate to charge the controllers? Does the one(s) that it comes with just use AA batteries or is it rechargeable? I'm hoping that it is rechargeable and comes with a way to recharge it but I'm thinking that's not the case. Thanks for the help in advance :)

Go to Walmart. com and type in X-Box 360. They have a nice deal for 460, you get the Premium system, BUrnout Revenge, a carrying case, and an extra game of your choice (such as MLB 2K7, COD3, SAints Row).. Very NICE deal, plus get an extra wireless controller there for just 40 bucks. All that stuff with taxes and such for under 540. Great deal IMO.

QuenteK25
06-14-2007, 09:29 AM
I bought mine off of craigslist.org

Got it from a guy who had only had it 2 months. Premium System with 2 wireless controllers plus NBA 2k7, Tiger Woods 07, Gears of War, and NCAA Football 07. All for $400.

This was a few months ago and since then the Elite has come out and people are selling premiums for even less. I actually bought a second one for $250 from a guy who has several of them to sell.

Uncle Rico II
06-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Anyone know where to find a 360 elite? The stores seem to be all out, even online.

Edit: I mean bundle packs, or good deals for 360 elite.

Uncle Rico II
06-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Actually forget the bundle packs, no one seems to have them at all. Were the elite units a one time deal?

Scatman
06-18-2007, 11:50 PM
go with elite.

and try going to techbargains.com

they always list wen theres good deals on these things.