PDA

View Full Version : Top/Bottom 5 Teams

mandal24
06-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Looking for opinions... who do you guys think will be the top and bottom 5 teams in 07 as well as the surprise team(s)...

Top 5 Teams for '07
1.Indianapolis Colts (Manning is the man)
2.San Diego Chargers (LT plus a good defense)
3.Chicago Bears (Amazing defense)
4.Seattle Seahawks (Good balance)
5.New Orleans Saints (Amazing offense)

Bottom 5 Teams for '07
1.Buffalo Bills (Losman to Evans is their sole chance of winning any games, lost all hope of a defense this offseason)
2.Cleveland Browns (Good job fixing the Oline, but QB issues are huge)
3.Oakland Raiders (Good defensive secondary but new young coach will have problems with that offense)
4.Ny Giants (Surprise but E. Manning cant handle pressure, Barbers gone and internal problems with coach/players are gonna ruin this team)
5.Detroit Lions (I actually see them improving and I see their offense producing but their defense is weak and their QB throws too many picks)

Surprise teams:
1.Arizona Cardinals (Ive been saying this for a couple of years now)
2.San Francisco 49ers (that defense should be much improved and their Qbs improvement could get them going)
3. Miami Dolphins (Great Defense plus an offensive minded coach who knows
how to utilize the most out of opposing defenses and his own players plus their QB is a great leader)
4.Carolina Panthers (Similar to the Fins IMO... New QB should do them good... Carr to Smith will be a nice combo)

Let the debating begin...

#1dolphinsfan
06-06-2007, 07:16 PM
aleast we arnt on the bottom 5 like the bills

islanddolphin
06-06-2007, 07:20 PM
As much as we all may hate the Patriots, how in the world can you have a top five teams and they are not in it. New England was a top four team last year, was one or two plays from a Super Bowl title and improved this off season. And you are saying they are not even in your top 10. It is fans like you that make people hate Dolphin fans. The Dolphins will struggle to win 8 games and if they get to 10 wins then wow they did awesome. This team is in a transition phase and anything they do will be a bonus. New England is arguably a top two team and could easily be the Super Bowl winner this year and trust me I hate them as much as the next Miami fan. I am just realistic and how things are now it doesn't look good.

eomdtbtr
06-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Top 5:
Pats
Ravens
Colts
Saints
Bears

Bottom 5:
Bills
Browns
Bucs
Raiders
Lions

Surprise teams:
The Miami Dolphins
49ers
Cards
Panthers if Carr plays
Falcons I have a a feeling they may pull it all together

Finfan Griff
06-06-2007, 07:27 PM
IMO seahawks shouldnt be in top 5. where are the pats on your list???

My top 5 (no particular order)
colts
pats
chargers
bears
saints

bottom 5 (no particular order)
raiders
browns
texans
lions
bucs ("iffy" about this one)

BillsFanInPeace
06-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Looking for opinions... who do you guys think will be the top and bottom 5 teams in 07 as well as the surprise team(s)...

Top 5 Teams for '07

Bottom 5 Teams for '07
1.Buffalo Bills (Losman to Evans is their sole chance of winning any games, lost all hope of a defense this offseason)
3.Oakland Raiders (Good defensive secondary but new young coach will have problems with that offense)
4.Ny Giants (Surprise but E. Manning cant handle pressure, Barbers gone and internal problems with coach/players are gonna ruin this team)
5.Detroit Lions (I actually see them improving and I see their offense producing but their defense is weak and their QB throws too many picks)

Surprise teams:
2.San Francisco 49ers (that defense should be much improved and their Qbs improvement could get them going)
how to utilize the most out of opposing defenses and his own players plus their QB is a great leader)
4.Carolina Panthers (Similar to the Fins IMO... New QB should do them good... Carr to Smith will be a nice combo)

You know I understand the "hate" for the Bills, but to put them in the Bottom 5 Teams is funny.

Heck watch them surprise people.

I mean I hate the Fins as much as any normal Bills Fan but I actually would not put them in the bottom 5

Here is the bottom 5

Raiders
Detriot
TB
Texans
CLE

brilon1
06-06-2007, 07:41 PM
You know I understand the "hate" for the Bills, but to put them in the Bottom 5 Teams is funny.

I mean I hate the Fins as much as any normal Bills Fan but I actually would not put them in the bottom 5

Here is the bottom 5

Raiders
Detriot
TB
Texans
CLE

I have to agree with you on this.

Aqua4Ever04
06-06-2007, 07:50 PM

Top 5 Teams for '07

Bottom 5 Teams for '07

I strongly disagree with your top 5. Having 3 teams from the NFC up there is ludacris, you have to remember that the NFC gets around 10 games a year against striclty JV teams. I think the Bears are the only team you can begin to mention when discussing your top 5 teams.

1. San Diego Chargers- Killed themselves against NE last year otherwise they'd have been SB champs.
2. Indianapolis Colts- SB champs but lost a lot of key peices on D.
3. New England Patriots- I personally think all their new WRs are over rated but adding Adalius Thomas is scary.
4. Cincinnati Bengals- Under achieved big time last year. Carson Palmer is healthy and they are staying out of jail. :lol:
5. Baltimore Ravens or Chicago Bears- This one is close, I'll go with Chicago for now because they were in the big game last year.

Bottom 5: (1 being the worse)
5. Buffalo Bills- Lost a lot of big players but had a good draft. They still have Losman and a rookie runner though.
4. Oakland Raiders- Shaky QB situation but had a very nice off-season. NNadi Asomugha is one of the best CBs in football and I bet half of us don't know who he is. Dominic Rhodes is there too.
3. Cleveland Browns- Who's going to play QB here? Good OL and underachieving skill players and not much of a defense.
2. Houston Texans- Matt Shaub is going to save the Texans right? Not if they can't protect him.
1. Detroit Lions- Stars at WR and Kitna is solid, but the defense is offensive.

We play 3 of these teams back to back to back. We will see where we rank in this league in those 3 games. After those games, we'll know if we're one of the worst teams or not.

EDIT: I just noticed you mentioned Carr to Smith. Well Carr has to win the job first, it's Delhomme's team right now.

zach8111
06-06-2007, 07:55 PM
best 5
pats
colts
chargers
saints
ravens

worst 5
raiders
bills
lions
texans
cardinals

Kinzua
06-06-2007, 07:55 PM

Top 5 Teams for '07

Leaving out NE for NO??? :sidelol:

1. Indy -- cream of the NFL
2. NE -- cream of the NFL
3. Philly -- McNabb goes back to the SB
4. Seattle -- still the best of the NFC West
5. Chicago -- the Bears have coaching and personnel issues

Bottom 5 Teams for '07

Again, you're prejudice against AFCE teams shows! :sidelol:

Bad to worse:

5. Bucs
4. Texans
3. Detroit
2. Oakland
1. Tennessee

Surprise teams:

You're not a homer, are you? Imagine Miami being one of the "surprises"! :egads:

1. Bills -- they make it to the playoffs
2. Cleveland -- they don't make the playoffs, but they gain respectability, winning 7 or 8 games
3. Falcons -- "surprises" can be good or bad, and the Falcons are a bad "surprise" because Vick is charged in the dog fighting case and suspended for the season
4. San Diego -- another "bad" surprise with the loss of HC and both coordinators. Lots of talent but talent alone doesn't make a great team.
5. Dallas -- still another "bad" surprise because Tony Romo isn't nearly as good as advertised (now that DCs have some film on him!) and Wade Phillips may be a great DC but he's a crappy HC!

Hudman
06-06-2007, 07:56 PM
As much as we all may hate the Patriots, how in the world can you have a top five teams and they are not in it. New England was a top four team last year, was one or two plays from a Super Bowl title and improved this off season. And you are saying they are not even in your top 10. It is fans like you that make people hate Dolphin fans. The Dolphins will struggle to win 8 games and if they get to 10 wins then wow they did awesome. This team is in a transition phase and anything they do will be a bonus. New England is arguably a top two team and could easily be the Super Bowl winner this year and trust me I hate them as much as the next Miami fan. I am just realistic and how things are now it doesn't look good.

:goodpost::logic::yeahthat:

Hudman
06-06-2007, 07:59 PM

Bad to worse:

5. Bucs
4. Texans
3. Detroit
2. Oakland
1. Tennessee

You're not a homer, are you? Imagine Miami being one of the "surprises"! :egads:

2. Cleveland -- they don't make the playoffs, but they gain respectability, winning 7 or 8 games
3. Falcons -- "surprises" can be good or bad, and the Falcons are a bad "surprise" because Vick is charged in the dog fighting case and suspended for the season
4. San Diego -- another "bad" surprise with the loss of HC and both coordinators. Lots of talent but talent alone doesn't make a great team.
5. Dallas -- still another "bad" surprise because Tony Romo isn't nearly as good as advertised (now that DCs have some film on him!) and Wade Phillips may be a great DC but he's a crappy HC!

I agree with most of your post, BUT San Diego will be just fine with Norv Turner. A good offensive mind

dolpns13
06-06-2007, 08:06 PM

Top 5 Teams for '07

Bottom 5 Teams for '07

Surprise teams:

Mark my words...San Fran wins their division this year

I dont see Carolina doing much

Montella
06-06-2007, 08:08 PM

Top 5 Teams for '07

Bottom 5 Teams for '07

Surprise teams:

i hope that we'll surprise this year in a positive way! :wink:

feelthepain
06-06-2007, 08:27 PM

Top 5 Teams for '07

Bottom 5 Teams for '07

Surprise teams:

At this point in time I think you could eaisly put Miami in the bottom 5.

jp2lee783
06-06-2007, 08:49 PM
I'll do an all out 32 Team Power Ranking

1-Colts-Just too good
2-Patriots-Moss,Stallworth,and Welker are the best at the WR position they will be playing.(X,Z,Slot)
3-Chicago-Hester will double his chris berman "whoop's" this year
4-San Deigo-Tomlinson will continue to make Rivers' life easy.
5-New Orleans-Bush will challange for offensive player of the year.
These five teams are the elite teams of the NFL IMO...after this it's wide open.

6-Philadelphia-When McNabb is healthy they are very good.
7-Baltimore-A more motivated McGahee could mean Super Bowl.
8-Denver-Try throwing against the Broncos this year.
9-Jaguars-With their rushing attack and defense they won't need too much from the quarterback position.
10-Bengals-Palmer,Chad, and Rudi are very hard to gameplan against.
11-Dallas-Romo needs to be more consistant than he was as the season ended last year.
12-New York Jets-Revis is going to be a stud, but Thomas Jones could take them back to the playoffs.
13-Seattle Seahawks-They need a healthy Hassleback and Alexander all year.
14-Pittsburgh Steelers-This franchise will go back to winning after a .500 season.
15-New York Giants-Eli without Tiki could spell trouble.
16-Carolina-Added some needed youth on defense and the offense should be back to form with Jarret as big red zone option.
17-San Francisco-Smith has to step up and take this team to the playoffs.
18-Tennessee-It will be interesting to see Vince Young after the league has a full off-season to study him.
19-Kansas City-Proved they didn't need Trent Green last year as long as LJ is running, but if Croyle starts..there will be some lumps.
20-Buffalo Bills-Clements will be the biggest loss as Fletcher and Spikes were slowing down. If Youboty starts that's a very young secondary.
21-Atlanta-Big Year to Vick
22-Miami Dolphins-Defense will have to be very good again,but Ginn brings new options to the offense/special teams
23-Minnesota Vikings-Run game could be scary.
24-St.Louis-Defense is still shaky...how much more gas to Bulgar still have?
25-Cleveland Browns-If they can stay healthy for once, the defense will be top five.
26-Tampa Bay-QB situation is quietly one of the messier ones.
27-Green Bay-Last hoorah for Favre? I'm starting to think he'll play longer than Rodgers.
28-Detroit-Can't wait to watch the offense.
29-Arizona-They will disappoint the "experts" for the third year in a row.
30-Washington-If the run game gets shut down, Campbell is going to face a lot of pressure.
31-Houston-Schaub better be good off the bat or management will hear echoes of (Vince Young) as they walk around the front office.
32-Oakland-Their O-Line is so scary. Especially for whoever is taking snaps behind it.

Thats my opinion.

PhinzN703
06-06-2007, 09:00 PM
At first glance I figured a Bills fan did this thread which I then assumed would have us in the bottom 5 and Buffalo would be somewhere in the middle.

I stand corrected. It's a homer Dolphins fan who puts us in a position where we might not deserve and puts Buffalo in the bottom 5.

Whats the point in a thread like this?

PhinzN703
06-06-2007, 09:01 PM

Bad to worse:

5. Bucs
4. Texans
3. Detroit
2. Oakland
1. Tennessee

I'll bet you 3,000 phin dollars Buffalo doesnt make the playoffs.

Kinzua
06-06-2007, 09:20 PM
I'll bet you 3,000 phin dollars Buffalo doesnt make the playoffs.

I would take that bet but I don't have 3,000 phin dollars!!! I used to have 30,000+ but, like everybody else's, they vanished!!! Good thing they weren't real dollars or I'd be really po'd!!! :fire:

FiveStar
06-06-2007, 09:39 PM

Here is the bottom 5

Raiders
Detriot
TB
Texans
CLE
Bills lost McGahee n Fletcher but the team was horrible with them. Bills best player is Schobel n JT makes him look like a high schooler. Luckily u still have pro-bowl QB Losman...ROTFL!! U have lee evans but who will throw him the ball???
So the bottom 5 would deff. include the bills, ur jus mad cuz its ur team..quit cryin that ur team sucks

VT Dolphan
06-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Top 5

Indy - Peyton Manning could lead 10 average joes to a 12 win season.
New England - Good team + Bellichik + spending spree = Scary
San Diego - Too much talent not to be here, coaching carousel and all.
New Orleans - Who is gonna stop them from the NFC South? I don't see anyone doing it and repeating last year's success.
Cincinnatti - I think it's their year to take the NFC North. Palmer if fully healthy and should prove himself a top 3 QB in the NFL.

Bottom Five
Kansas City - All the makings of an awful season. Brodie Croyle has no experience, and I don't really think he will special. The o-line is no longer one of the leagues best, and the D is still weak. Larry Johnson will have a tough year.
Oakland - They're a year away still, but I like what they're doing. There is some young talent on D (Asomugha, Schweigert...) and have a franchise QB.
Detroit - Defense is still lackluster. Offense has weapons but no line.
Philadelphia - I'm going out on a limb here, but Jeff Garcia saved them from being terrible last year, he's gone, McNabb is still fragile and the NFC East is gonna be tough.
Tampa Bay - Aging D, no o-line to speak of and four backup level QB's equal tough season.

Wild Cards
Minnesota - Running Success + Stopping the run = success. Not many teams did that better than Minny last year. Adding Adrian Peterson will help matters. If Tavaris Jackson can be a good "game manager", this could be a playoff team.

Cleveland - The o-line should finally be solid and the offense could finally click. I'm not expecting playoffs, but getting out of the cellar would be considered a surprise to most people.

Martel
06-06-2007, 09:50 PM
I'll do an all out 32 Team Power Ranking

1-Colts-Just too good
2-Patriots-Moss,Stallworth,and Welker are the best at the WR position they will be playing.(X,Z,Slot)
3-Chicago-Hester will double his chris berman "whoop's" this year
4-San Deigo-Tomlinson will continue to make Rivers' life easy.
5-New Orleans-Bush will challange for offensive player of the year.
These five teams are the elite teams of the NFL IMO...after this it's wide open.

6-Philadelphia-When McNabb is healthy they are very good.
7-Baltimore-A more motivated McGahee could mean Super Bowl.
8-Denver-Try throwing against the Broncos this year.
9-Jaguars-With their rushing attack and defense they won't need too much from the quarterback position.
10-Bengals-Palmer,Chad, and Rudi are very hard to gameplan against.
11-Dallas-Romo needs to be more consistant than he was as the season ended last year.
12-New York Jets-Revis is going to be a stud, but Thomas Jones could take them back to the playoffs.
13-Seattle Seahawks-They need a healthy Hassleback and Alexander all year.
14-Pittsburgh Steelers-This franchise will go back to winning after a .500 season.
15-New York Giants-Eli without Tiki could spell trouble.
16-Carolina-Added some needed youth on defense and the offense should be back to form with Jarret as big red zone option.
17-San Francisco-Smith has to step up and take this team to the playoffs.
18-Tennessee-It will be interesting to see Vince Young after the league has a full off-season to study him.
19-Kansas City-Proved they didn't need Trent Green last year as long as LJ is running, but if Croyle starts..there will be some lumps.
20-Buffalo Bills-Clements will be the biggest loss as Fletcher and Spikes were slowing down. If Youboty starts that's a very young secondary.
21-Atlanta-Big Year to Vick
22-Miami Dolphins-Defense will have to be very good again,but Ginn brings new options to the offense/special teams
23-Minnesota Vikings-Run game could be scary.
24-St.Louis-Defense is still shaky...how much more gas to Bulgar still have?
25-Cleveland Browns-If they can stay healthy for once, the defense will be top five.
26-Tampa Bay-QB situation is quietly one of the messier ones.
27-Green Bay-Last hoorah for Favre? I'm starting to think he'll play longer than Rodgers.
28-Detroit-Can't wait to watch the offense.
29-Arizona-They will disappoint the "experts" for the third year in a row.
30-Washington-If the run game gets shut down, Campbell is going to face a lot of pressure.
31-Houston-Schaub better be good off the bat or management will hear echoes of (Vince Young) as they walk around the front office.
32-Oakland-Their O-Line is so scary. Especially for whoever is taking snaps behind it.

Thats my opinion.

Good job dude, I likes

Spesh
06-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Top 5 teams of 2007:
1) New England Patriots-
Team looks stacked, the only real hole they had last year was at Wide out, been corrected.

2) Denver Broncos
Made a already impressive backfield terrifying, and redid there D-line. Cutler is going on his second year, improved there Running back, and should have better results at Wide out.

3) New Orleans Saints
Have a impressive offense, and probably the best running duo in the nfl with Duece and Reggie.

4) Indianapolis Colts
While i dont think they will have the success they did last year, they have enough people from last year to do a playoff run.

5) Seattle Seahawks
A solid team that has one of the best running backs in the game returning from injury.

Now, i understand people are going to blink when they see i didnt put Chargers or Dah Bears on there, so here we go: Chicago's offense is going to struggle next year under Grossman, and there defense has lost key players with Tank being suspended and Lance Briggs trying to leave. As for the Bolts, they lost all of there major coaching figures, and kept the drama figure that is there GM.

Last 5 teams of 2007:
1) Oakland Raiders
New coach and other then getting Russel, havent improved.

2) Houston Texans
Matt Shaub is not the answer. They still havent improved much upon the offense line thats possible the worst in NFL history, and wasnt impressed by there draft.

3) Atlanta Falcons
Ron Mexico...i mean Mike Vick, is possibly on his way out, and while that would be a improvement in most cases, they are now going to be stuck with ole Joey. That along with players aging and new coach...doesnt look encouraging.

4) Detriot Lions
As we've seen in Miami, you need a Qb to lead the team, and Jon Kitna can barely be called a QB. Still have alot of needs that need to be adressed.

5) New York Giants
Eli Manning is a joke, and without Tiki Barber there running game will sag.

Top 5 Surprises of 2007:
1) Arizona Cardinals
They have all the weapons to succeed on offense. With one of the best recieving duo's and a powerful running game, they will thrive under much improved coaching staff.

2) St.Louis Rams
Marc Bulger is underrated in my opinion and they've improved in alot of area's.

3) Cleveland Browns
While i dont expect to much from them(have a running theory that by nature this team will never succeed), they cleaned up in the draft and had moments last year that suggested they might one day become a actually NFL team. One way or another, they will be a surprise next year.

4) Carolina Panthers
If Jake Delhomme falters, David Carr will step up. I like Carr, and think he will make a decent QB(not pro bowl type, but a success none the less), with Steve Smith and Dwayne Jarret, they will have a tough team to defend against.

5) Pittsburgh Steelers
This team will be a surprise...and not in a good way. While i like there new coach, there are alot of contract problems going on right now for them. Big Ben will not get any of the fire back that some saw in him his first few years.

GoBills24
06-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Bills lost McGahee n Fletcher but the team was horrible with them. Luckily u still have pro-bowl QB Losman...ROTFL!! U have lee evans but who will throw him the ball???
So the bottom 5 would deff. include the bills, ur jus mad cuz its ur team..quit cryin that ur team sucks

Well, can't argue with that flawless logic.

Nevermind Evans was one of the leading WR's in the league last year. :rolleyes2

emeraldfin
06-07-2007, 06:58 AM
Top Five

1. New England
2. Chargers
3. Colts
4. Ravens
5. Eagles

My tip for surprize team this season, the 49er's

rock
06-08-2007, 04:43 AM
1.Pats
2.Indy
3. B moore
4. SD
5. denver

bottom in no order
vikes
bills
texans
KC
Detroit

Dirtywater
06-08-2007, 02:01 PM
My tip for surprize team this season, the 49er's

I agree with you. The 49er's are going to surprise a lot of people this season. We get their #1 in the draft for '08, so I am rooting against them. I think we'll get a pick between 18-24 with it.

Mater Dei
06-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Unfortunately I can also see the 49ers actually getting a WC spot, if not winning the division outright. Gotta love the NFC.

Top 5

1. Indy
2. NE
3. Baltimore
4. SD
5. Iggles/Bears

I think the WC is coming out of the West and North for the AFC and the NFC is wide open... so whatever flip a coin if you must.

Bottom 5
Cleveland, Oakland, Falcons, Green Bay, Detroit.

Falcons must be kicking themselves for letting the better QB (not running back) go.

Dors156
06-08-2007, 06:20 PM
i wouldnt put buffalo in the bottom five but you definatly need the pats in the top 5.the only teams that can stop them this year will be the ravens or colts IMO

shinerm02
07-04-2007, 07:27 AM
The only thing keeping Baltimore out of the top 5 would be their offense....again.

Blue Light
07-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Mine. no order
1. Colts
2. Patriots
3. Chargers
4. Saints
5 Eagles

no order
1. Raiders
2. Bucs
3. Lions
4. Titans
5. Browns

GridIronKing34
07-04-2007, 04:27 PM

Contradicting statements IMO, your homerism is showing just as much as any Dolphins fan here. I don't see how the Bills will do very well, Losman hasn't proven anything yet, Evans is a hit or miss on games, their RB is a rookie, and their defense lost all their leaders.

Aqua4Ever04
07-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Contradicting statements IMO, your homerism is showing just as much as any Dolphins fan here. I don't see how the Bills will do very well, Losman hasn't proven anything yet, Evans is a hit or miss on games, their RB is a rookie, and their defense lost all their leaders.

Double standards have become the norm for most of our opposing fans, especially the Bills. We are crazy for thinking the Fins have any hope, but they can dream about the Bills all they want and there's no homerism involved.