PDA

View Full Version : NFL might pull plug on NFL Europa

playmaker1
06-11-2007, 04:13 PM
NFL might pull plug on NFL Europa

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2900371

Thoughts?
I like to watch it. NFLE helps pass the time in the offseason.

MelbournePhin
06-11-2007, 05:34 PM
this is bad news for our neighbors over in europe.

BIHPhinFan4Life
06-11-2007, 05:37 PM
i hope not, when im bored i watch it and its pretty interesting.

Uncle Rico II
06-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Pull that plug. Bring em over here! The C-Springs Galaxy, hellz yeah.

guatemalanfan
06-11-2007, 07:46 PM
NFL might pull plug on NFL Europa

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2900371

Thoughts?
I like to watch it. NFLE helps pass the time in the offseason.

well that sucks

GreenMachine
06-11-2007, 08:02 PM
If the NFL was smart, they would bring the league to US cities that do not have NFL teams...

HysterikiLL
06-11-2007, 08:10 PM
^That's actually a great idea. Would be a lot more interesting than NFLE too because of the hometown heroes and increased fan bases.

zachequalsgod
06-11-2007, 09:03 PM
If it were in the US, not only would they sell more tickets... but also merch.

The NFL could be it's own competition so to speak.

maverick50
06-11-2007, 09:10 PM
well boys maybe the nfl is planning on sending the afc east to europe and then start a new division consiting of new teams.

question here , how many new teams would it take to have 6 team divisions ?

Stitches
06-12-2007, 09:05 AM
If it were in the US, not only would they sell more tickets... but also merch.

The NFL could be it's own competition so to speak.

Well it would be like A-AAA ball in baseball. Where smaller markets get minor league teams. They wouldn't be direct competition with the NFL, but rather would be another utility at thier disposal.

nyjunc
06-12-2007, 09:15 AM
If the NFL was smart, they would bring the league to US cities that do not have NFL teams...

They tried that when the league began, it was actually a mixture of North American Cities and European Cities. They had a team in the NY market but the other teams were in Montreal, columbus, Orlando, London, Raleigh-Durham, Sacramento, San Antonio, Birmingham and Frankfurt. That league lasted 2 years before they shut down and reformed w/ only European Cities.

I went to a couple of NY/NJ Knights games, they were fun. I liked the old WLAF and the USFL.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/06/WLAF_Knights-1.gif

playmaker1
06-12-2007, 05:45 PM
I'd go watch minor league football games. I already go to alot of AF2 games, and NIFL games. Would be fun

MR NFLFAN
06-12-2007, 06:19 PM

Yeah what a great idea....hum...???? Now what could we call it....:confused2

I know how about the USFL V.2.0 ...............:sidelol:

aquaman54
06-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Not really a surprise if they(NFL)somehow merge with the UFL.....

WestCKoastiN
06-16-2007, 04:55 PM
this is bad news for our neighbors over in europe.

Yep, I dont pay attention to NFLE but must suck for the fans in Europe.

Mike13
06-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Not really a surprise if they(NFL)somehow merge with the UFL.....

Why? In order to keep the UFL from its inevitable failure?

playmaker1
06-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Yep, I dont pay attention to NFLE but must suck for the fans in Europe.

I agree. Just when the NFL was starting to build a following. Kind of why they can play a game between the Dolphins and Gmen across the water

Gaby Krollmann
06-22-2007, 05:37 AM
Hi everybody, I´m from Frankfurt/Germany and I am a big fan of Galaxy and the Dolphins.
I hope that this league will stay over here, because there are a lot of football-fans over here. I know we have only the player´s in 3. row but for us it´s at least something they show us live. I go every year to 1 game in Miami but it is a big difference. Shure I see the "good players" but the party
around the game and at the game over here in Frankfurt is much better. We have so much stuff with us to make noise, it´s really loud in Frankfurt.
I understand that the people in the US are not much interessed in our games over here, but we love them. I be this year in Miami when the play in London. Funny, one hour flight away, but I already ordert my tickets for the New England game and booked my flight bevor that game came out.
All I want to say is "we love NFL Europa" .

playmaker1
06-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Hi everybody, I´m from Frankfurt/Germany and I am a big fan of Galaxy and the Dolphins.
I hope that this league will stay over here, because there are a lot of football-fans over here. I know we have only the player´s in 3. row but for us it´s at least something they show us live. I go every year to 1 game in Miami but it is a big difference. Shure I see the "good players" but the party
around the game and at the game over here in Frankfurt is much better. We have so much stuff with us to make noise, it´s really loud in Frankfurt.
I understand that the people in the US are not much interessed in our games over here, but we love them. I be this year in Miami when the play in London. Funny, one hour flight away, but I already ordert my tickets for the New England game and booked my flight bevor that game came out.
All I want to say is "we love NFL Europa" .

I hope it stays over there for you guys!

GreenMachine
06-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah what a great idea....hum...???? Now what could we call it....:confused2

I know how about the USFL V.2.0 ...............:sidelol:

Ummm...no...Silly Pats fan.

The USFL COMPETED with the NFL for players. NFL Europe is a developmental league OWNED by the NFL...

playmaker1
07-01-2007, 12:49 PM
bye bye...

playmaker1
07-01-2007, 12:50 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2920738

IN-FIN-ITY
07-01-2007, 12:56 PM
why merge?

start a new league with practice squad and a 12 round deeper draft maybe even 20 rounds..

playmaker1
07-01-2007, 01:29 PM
I would love minor league football teams. Make it like the D league for the NBA or farm teams for MLB. I'd go watch games.

shiznet
07-01-2007, 03:17 PM
I dont think they should pull the plug

playmaker1
07-01-2007, 05:31 PM
I dont think they should pull the plug

too late