PDA

View Full Version : Ted Ginn Mini Camp

Brassmonki14120
06-12-2007, 01:28 PM
• WR Ted Ginn's (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/06/dolphins-postminicamp-musings110607.html#) overall minicamp performance was mostly encouraging. First off, he's nearly healthy, which at this juncture of the offseason is great news for Dolphins fans. He also demonstrated his elite kick-returning ability on several occasions. As a receiver, Ginn didn't exactly make jaws drop, but he didn't disappoint either. He actually was able to get off the line of scrimmage and blow by defensive backs, showing that he indeed does possess that coveted separation ability. He's also already being called the Dolphins' fastest player, despite still not being fully recovered from his nagging foot injury. The negatives were that he dropped the ball quite a bit and shied away from contact.

Serious question.

Would you rather have a great return man with limited recieving skills like Ginn or a good return man with exepctional recieving skills like Welker.

Stitches
06-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Who wouldn't shy away from contact when you are still not 100% and without pads on?

Stitches
06-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Serious question.

Would you rather have a great return man with limited recieving skills like Ginn or a good return man with exepctional recieving skills like Welker.

I never thought Welker had exceptional recieveing skills so that is sort of an invalid question to me. And considering Welker was our 3rd WR and Ginn at best will be #3 this year, I'd rather have Ginn.

arsenal
06-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Serious question.

i dont think thats an accurate description of Ginn to put in there...

i think another thing to realize is that Ginn has been basically away from football for 6 months and this was his first time coming back to practice and he impressed... how much better will he be by training camp?

Brassmonki14120
06-13-2007, 01:21 AM
I never thought Welker had exceptional recieveing skills so that is sort of an invalid question to me. And considering Welker was our 3rd WR and Ginn at best will be #3 this year, I'd rather have Ginn.

Welker was the leading reciever for the Phins last year. I thought the guy was a talented reciever.

satz
06-13-2007, 08:06 AM
This guy reminds me of Bethel Johnson , a very very fast dude with KR,PR skills and a avg receiver.

the comparision even errie considering this was pratically his review after his minicamp.

satz
06-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Can to justify how he was the # 3 when he led the team in WR numbers.

Stitches
06-13-2007, 08:21 AM

Because all of his catches were 5 yards past teh line of scrimmage, because that's pretty much the only throws Joey could complete consistently.

Stitches
06-13-2007, 08:21 AM
Welker was the leading reciever for the Phins last year. I thought the guy was a talented reciever.

No, he was overachieving. In regards to talents he was probably 4th on the team.

Greatness920
06-13-2007, 09:01 AM

#3 on the Depth chart. welker was the slot receiver, chambers and booker were number 1 and 2 respectively.

Mike13
06-13-2007, 01:02 PM
the comparision even errie considering this was pratically his review after his minicamp.

judging a rookie after a few days of practice?

You are really reaching here

GridIronKing34
06-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Pffft, Welker has limited receiving talents too. Send Welker on those deep routes and see how he fares. Let's get rid of Chambers and Booker, make Welker our #1 receiver. I bet you anything that Welker won't do too hot. Welker made his living on 10 yard ins and slant routes from a quarterback that throws like he's impaired past 15 yards.

shastz
06-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Pffft, Welker has limited receiving talents too. Send Welker on those deep routes and see how he fares. Let's get rid of Chambers and Booker, make Welker our #1 receiver. I bet you anything that Welker won't do too hot. Welker made his living on 10 yard ins and slant routes from a quarterback that throws like he's impaired past 15 yards.

Funny, because Troy Brown had limited talent too, not very fast, not very big, not great hands, yet when you put him on the field all he did was out produce every "Talented" WR the a Patriots brought in to take his job. I wouldn't trade one Troy Brown for all the Ted Ginn's in the world. The Tony Simmons, and Bethal Johnsons of the world had far more talent than Brown, so did a dozen other WR's that came and went over the last decade with the Pats. "Talent" alone means nothing, the Phins let a "Great football player" in Welker get away to a division rival, mark my words, they will regret it. :wink:

Stitches
06-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Funny, because Troy Brown had limited talent too, not very fast, not very big, not great hands, yet when you put him on the field all he did was out produce every "Talented" WR the a Patriots brought in to take his job. I wouldn't trade one Troy Brown for all the Ted Ginn's in the world. The Tony Simmons, and Bethal Johnsons of the world had far more talent than Brown, so did a dozen other WR's that came and went over the last decade with the Pats. "Talent" alone means nothing, the Phins let a "Great football player" in Welker get away to a division rival, mark my words, they will regret it. :wink:

Welker was a good football player at best. Great football players are ones you build franchises around.

shastz
06-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Welker was a good football player at best. Great football players are ones you build franchises around.

How did that work out for Marino???? Great football players are what you build "Great Teams" out of. You don't have to belive me now, but Phin fans will come to curse the day their F.O. let Welker move north. :wink:

Stitches
06-14-2007, 01:22 PM
How did that work out for Marino???? Great football players are what you build "Great Teams" out of. You don't have to belive me now, but Phin fans will come to curse the day their F.O. let Welker move north. :wink:

I will not be one of those Phin fans. I will never be sad or angry the FO let Welker go for a 2nd and 7th. I don't care if Welker gets 2,000 recieving yards next year and 20 tds. I will not curse anything, because that never would have happened here, and he would have gotten lost in the shuffle among the current WRs. He's much more valuable to this team in the form of Samson Satele(whom we got with the Pats 2nd rounder).

rdhstlr23
06-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Do not do that again.

G-Money
06-30-2007, 12:04 PM

Well stated! I think Welker is a good WR and will fit in nicely with the Pats. The Phins were well compensated for the trade. Both teams got what they needed and I don't think the Phins will regret trading a good player to the Pats.

FinFan_Est.1984
06-30-2007, 12:34 PM

I loved Welker when he was a Fin. He is a tough as nails, not afraid to run an in route for 5-10 yards #3 receiver. But now he is a hated Patriot and his bravery will get him crushed in the middle by the likes of Thomas, Porter, Crowder and Taylor if he dares to enter the killing fields.

Silverphin
06-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Because all of his catches were 5 yards past teh line of scrimmage, because that's pretty much the only throws Joey could complete consistently.

Exactly.

JT#1
07-03-2007, 01:08 PM
You know this "great player" only had one TD for the fins last year right?

Dors156
07-08-2007, 02:52 PM
I would rather have a great return man with ceptional skill recieveing. If this "great return man" can get his team to the 40 or 50 any offense would be able to score from there.

Breed
07-10-2007, 10:30 AM

If you judge Welker by his numbers, Welker was clearly our 3rd best WR.

Marty Booker: 55 catches, 747 receiving yards and 6 touchdowns.
Chris Chambers: 59 catches, 677 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns.
Wes Welker: 67 catches, 687 receiving yards and 1 touchdown

Welker wasn't even close to our best WR....

Welker doesn't have the speed/strength to lineup outside (get past the LOS in press coverage) or go deep. Welker is a good role player, nothing more.

jamjam
07-20-2007, 06:19 PM
still...why would you send him to division rival patriots....thats like selling weapons to saddam....."here ya go..the missing peice to your puzzle bill..championship..even without randy moss....we might have been able to split this season with patriots but now the miss-matches will be unstoppable... oh well.. with welker, evans, seau, and izzo in new england we can root for our guys and be happy about their success...if we cant beat em join em...wes' will be open all day