PDA

View Full Version : Madden 07, collection of things you think are weird

KnifeOfTheDead
06-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Ok, you can post anything that you think is weird in Madden 07. I saw that Chris Cooley (TE, Redskins) plays FB. Another thing is that Jason Allen and Travis Daniels' facemasks are switched. EA has been getting some equipment wrong. Another is that if you take any player of yours in front of the holder on a PAT, the ball will bounce off of you on the snap, but the kick is good.

mor911
06-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Travis Minor has dreads :lol:

Offerdahl56
06-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Daunte is good :)

mor911
06-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Daunte is good :)not really, his QB cone was tiny.

Stitches
06-14-2007, 02:10 PM
not really, his QB cone was tiny.

Sounds a lot like the Mor's cone from what I hear. :unsure:

Dol-Fan Dupree
06-14-2007, 02:22 PM
If all right or left tackles get hurt the next thing the computer puts in is a kicker. Even if the player has another tackle but he is just not listed on the depth chart.

mor911
06-14-2007, 02:27 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
i got burned....

SpurzN703
06-14-2007, 02:28 PM

:lol:

Majpain
06-14-2007, 02:51 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
i got burned....

:lol:

Slappy8800
06-14-2007, 04:46 PM
people actually liked the game

Majpain
06-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Raitings were the worst thing about the game. Not to mention the crap CAP and superstar mode. Superstar mode had unplayable camera angles. Could anyone play zoomed in as a RB? I don't think so.

Alex44
06-14-2007, 05:01 PM
I have it on the computer, superstar mode was GREAT as a WR. Really fun.

The QB was hardest for me....but then again it should be.

The weirdest thing about Madden to me is that it's easier to play as a QB with 90 speed and horrible throwing than it is to play as a QB with no speed and amazing throwing ratings.

Slappy8800
06-14-2007, 06:10 PM
superstar mode was the lone bright spot of the game.

HysterikiLL
06-14-2007, 06:11 PM
I just hate on PS2 how if you're running for the corner and you dive, and you're hit, you do a massive aerial spiral and don't get in the end zone.

Even if you have a 250lb TE running for the corner and he's hit by a 180lb corner..

Also, the draft tends to get unrealistic. I dunno if it's just me, but I've noticed that a few years in, every RB is 5'9'' and over 220 lbs. There are a lot of safeties in the 230, 240 lb range. Never any athletic QBs, and the TEs are always slow as hell.

Majpain
06-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Omg the Draft is the worst part of the game

I dont know how many times every year the draft consisted of 8 DE in the top 10. God I hate how unreal madden is.

GridIronKing34
06-14-2007, 07:29 PM

I dont know how many times every year the draft consisted of 8 DE in the top 10. God I hate how unreal madden is.

Not only that, but you could have LT on your team, and they'd still tell you to select a RB with your first round selection.

Stitches
06-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Not only that, but you could have LT on your team, and they'd still tell you to select a RB with your first round selection.

I always imported my draft classes from NCAA, and never had a problem with prospects really.

Boik14
06-14-2007, 09:27 PM

I dont know how many times every year the draft consisted of 8 DE in the top 10. God I hate how unreal madden is. I agree with this. they need to find a way to spice it up with actual player trades occassionally and a better prospect system.

Majpain
06-14-2007, 09:39 PM
I always imported my draft classes from NCAA, and never had a problem with prospects really.

Yeah well don't import for 1 season and you will see what were talking about.

Boik14
06-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Here's one thing I hate. I havent been able to import my playbook that i use vs my friends in to my season. Plays I designed that will whip your ***...its probably something obvious i am just missing :(

Also its funny how the same plays always work. Hows that for strange?

Alex44
06-17-2007, 02:52 AM
Yeah well don't import for 1 season and you will see what were talking about.

We play on different systems because I used to play on PS2 and then when it broke on PC but:

I've never had any problem with the draft. Usually it is pretty spread out about top ten players. I usually see maybe two QB's a runningback, a couple offensive lineman, a defensive end and maybe a corner. It varies a lot when I play.

The only thing in the game I really have a problem with is that certain plays just dont work no matter what, and others always work.

GridIronKing34
06-17-2007, 03:08 AM
Everytime I upload my superstar from NCAA... he's black! No matter what...

Silverphin
06-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Ok, you can post anything that you think is weird in Madden 07. I saw that Chris Cooley (TE, Redskins) plays FB. Another thing is that Jason Allen and Travis Daniels' facemasks are switched. EA has been getting some equipment wrong. Another is that if you take any player of yours in front of the holder on a PAT, the ball will bounce off of you on the snap, but the kick is good.

That's because Chris Cooley's position is actually H-Back, which plays both tight end and fullback.

Majpain
06-17-2007, 01:08 PM
We play on different systems because I used to play on PS2 and then when it broke on PC but:

I've never had any problem with the draft. Usually it is pretty spread out about top ten players. I usually see maybe two QB's a runningback, a couple offensive lineman, a defensive end and maybe a corner. It varies a lot when I play.

The only thing in the game I really have a problem with is that certain plays just dont work no matter what, and others always work.

Well I guess I get screwed because there is 1 QB 1 RB the rest are DE.

Noodle Arm
06-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Well the fact that even though there are absolutely no scratches on the disc, it always tells me the disc is "unreadable". I've tried everything, nothing works. :fire:

Oh and I agree about the draft, it's horrible. Need a stud WR? Nope, sorry. But hey...here are 10 stud DE's for you to choose....every year! :shakeno:

tylerdolphin
06-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Well I guess I get screwed because there is 1 QB 1 RB the rest are DE.
same here. There are NEVER any good MLBs or small, agile RBs. Every RB is 6'10 5684 lbs. and slow as hell

HysterikiLL
06-17-2007, 11:29 PM
I just wish they'd let us create the draft prospects. That way, even though I can import with NCAA, I can still customize the guys to be realistic. But if they did that, NCAA sales would probably halve.

HysterikiLL
06-17-2007, 11:30 PM
Normally for the draft I keep a file saved at the window before you enter the next off-season. Then I can enter the off-season, check the draft class and if I don't like it, I'll re-do the process.

I hate how you have to wait like 5 minutes for new players roles to be assigned too.

tylerdolphin
06-18-2007, 01:05 AM
Normally for the draft I keep a file saved at the window before you enter the next off-season. Then I can enter the off-season, check the draft class and if I don't like it, I'll re-do the process.

I hate how you have to wait like 5 minutes for new players roles to be assigned too.
amen to that...

Aussiefinfan54
06-18-2007, 10:52 AM
If all right or left tackles get hurt the next thing the computer puts in is a kicker. Even if the player has another tackle but he is just not listed on the depth chart.

yeah thats hilarious i had a punter against JT one match, it didnt end up good for that punters blocking stats :lol:.

also sometimes when you throw a deep ball and press catch on PS2 the dumb arse reciever will just dive like a retard at the ground, often leading to an interception.

another funny thing sometimes after the attacking team breaks the huddle a ball just drops out of no where and stays on the field for the next play where the huddle was formed.

Smoke
06-18-2007, 06:06 PM

It will do the same thing if all QB's get injured. Also, if you switch a LB to DE, his rating jumps drastically. Progression in franchise mode sucks and some times makes no sense. The rosters updates are absolutely horrible!!