PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn no chance to start week 1

FinAtic8480
06-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Some Browns have confirmed to the Akron Beacon-Journal that Derek Anderson would probably be their starting quarterback if the "season started today."

It's one of the big stories coming from minicamp season. Anderson's name is surely written in pencil and Charlie Frye has never been known as a great practice player. The first two weeks of training camp should decide the winner. Brady Quinn doesn't have a chance to be the Week 1 starter.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Obviously the kid is not looking like a first round pick and while Jemarcus Russell has shown signs and is competing for the # 1 spot in Oakland, Quinn is the third QB on the depth chart and is not looking like starter material. Makes me feel a whole lot better we snagged Ginn.

cheyenne
06-17-2007, 12:01 PM
i agree, but i'm extremely nervous about beck as well...his age bothers me too!

PhinFan0202
06-17-2007, 12:05 PM
It's only been mini camp and i doubt that they were going to start him anyway. What happened to Charlie Frye, he's getting beat out by Derrick Anderson?

FinAtic8480
06-17-2007, 12:09 PM

I embrasse Beck's age, the kid has maturity. If you have any doubts just go to you tube and type his name. For god sake in the last game of his career in college, with the last play he beat Utah in a comeback win. If you think that wasnt a big game, Utah happens to be BYUs arch nemesis. The guy also posted real good numbers against the best defenses.One last thing about Beck that was pointed out is that he reallys know how to check down defenders. The kid is a student of the game and eats, sleeps and bleeds football.We wont be dissapointed.Im proud we snagged Beck and in the end we will all be happy.

FinAtic8480
06-17-2007, 12:12 PM
It's only been mini camp and i doubt that they were going to start him anyway. What happened to Charlie Frye, he's getting beat out by Derrick Anderson?

Derrick Anderson has been embressing and is beating out both Frye and Quinn.

Crypt Keeper
06-17-2007, 12:16 PM
i agree, but i'm extremely nervous about beck as well...his age bothers me too!His football age is the same as Quinn though. The wear and tear of playing football is what ultimately decides when a quarterback's career is over. All it means is that Quinn might peak around 32, while Beck might not peak until 35.

lunchbox1126
06-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Makes me feel a whole lot better we snagged Ginn.

Maybe now the Ginn haters/ Quinn lovers will FINALLY start to can it and begin to have SOME trust in this coaching staff!!!

nstand
06-17-2007, 12:56 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Obviously the kid is not looking like a first round pick and while Jemarcus Russell has shown signs and is competing for the # 1 spot in Oakland, Quinn is the third QB on the depth chart and is not looking like starter material. Makes me feel a whole lot better we snagged Ginn.

Beck is also #3 on our depth chart. Even we had gone for Quinn I would still have expected Cam to go after Green.

Ginn, Satele and Booker inject something into our offense that we havent had for a while. I like the draft; perhaps another OL man early on would have been great but we have needs in most areas.

Irish Phin Fan
06-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Enough already. :deadhorse

cnc66
06-17-2007, 01:10 PM
I would think this is the proper and normal course of events... why are people taking joy in any/every struggle/s this kid is having... sheesh

lunchbox1126
06-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Enough already. :deadhorse
:yeahthat:

FanMarino
06-17-2007, 01:37 PM
I would think this is the proper and normal course of events... why are people taking joy in any/every struggle/s this kid is having... sheesh

We had a chance to pick him and we didnt. Fins decision and NOT Quinns so lets accept it shall we. Let him get on with it and lets concentrate on the players weve got.

maverick50
06-17-2007, 01:59 PM
America the land of the free and land of the
knucklehead athletes !!

I hope beck can be a starter for several years but remember this my people, 3 years from now we will still need to draft a qb and a bigtime rb mainly so we dont go through a long period without a qb or rb we dont want to go through the wanny years all over again. do we now?

the right way of building a superbowl team and dynasty is to draft beck this year, check, keep lemon and green for three years , check, then we draft 1 qb then and another one a year later one for insurance and another for the #2 position. is this a bad concept here ? i dont want us to go 10 years without a good rb or qb the thing to do is keep adding youth at those positions and of course other positions as well.

ps ; runingback was a example but the concept applies here too.

John Beck
06-17-2007, 02:36 PM
i would feel better if Ginn was going to be starting at wideout

utahphinsfan
06-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Are people still obsessing over Quinn? Good Grief. The fact that BQ is NOT a phin was water under the bridge a month and a half ago. Get over it.

Anthony D.
06-17-2007, 02:55 PM
There is no way to tell who will be the next Tom Brady so the point is we are spending much less on Beck who has a better arm then Quinn. The two talents are very similar and we have some of the best QB coaches available to teach that said talent. I am happy with our decisions. Cam wanted offensive production NOW to help us turn things around for our already excellent veteran players. I for one have no worries and realize that we are in better hands this year then last. I also believe that the line will come along nicely.

FinAtic8480
06-17-2007, 03:38 PM
My opinion remains about liking Beck more than Quinn. A lot of experts had Quinn rated with the likes of Beck, Kolb, and Staton. I personally think Beck has the better arm and alot more accuracy, he also performed in big games.

Tetragrammaton
06-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Why is this being brought up? Beck is third string too. So what?

37wildman
06-17-2007, 05:10 PM
to me the draft make sense now if beck pansout great if not draft another qb???

pennPhinFan
06-17-2007, 06:03 PM
I think people should start losing phindollars for starting Quinn threads. Why is it such a big deal that quinn won't start week 1? oh man he must be a bust. wait a minute, looks like beck isn't going to beat green or cleo out for the job week 1 here either! shoot! why'd we draft him? he's ssssuch a bust!!! As a phin fan i'd rather not see all these beck and quinn comparisons for years, regardless of how they turn out. it's just going to be annoying and all we're doing here is fueling that fire. and why is this even in the draft forum, it has nothing to do with our draft. it's about another player from another teams draft.
and sorry bout the grumpy post, but hot days with no a/c leads to yelling haha :)

VT Dolphan
06-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Oh, cool, another article bashing Brady Quinn in order to make the Beck pick sound more reasonable, haven't been enough of these in the 2 months since the draft. They are even more important because everyone can tell who will be a bust and who won't in 2 months.

footballer
06-17-2007, 08:06 PM

is that embarrassasingh\ or impressing?

LOL..

Straztheman
06-17-2007, 08:19 PM

i think his age can also be a postiitve becuase thats means hes going to be more ready to start sooner for this team and hes more mature becuase hes older.

Straztheman
06-17-2007, 08:20 PM
I think people should start losing phindollars for starting Quinn threads. Why is it such a big deal that quinn won't start week 1? oh man he must be a bust. wait a minute, looks like beck isn't going to beat green or cleo out for the job week 1 here either! shoot! why'd we draft him? he's ssssuch a bust!!! As a phin fan i'd rather not see all these beck and quinn comparisons for years, regardless of how they turn out. it's just going to be annoying and all we're doing here is fueling that fire. and why is this even in the draft forum, it has nothing to do with our draft. it's about another player from another teams draft.
and sorry bout the grumpy post, but hot days with no a/c leads to yelling haha :)

Amen to all of that! :wink:

Skeet84
06-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Quinn has had bad mini camps like most rookie Qb's getting to know there new system. However the fact that Quinn may also hold out does not help him either. Quinn will probably start by week 9

PhinGeneral
06-17-2007, 10:10 PM

He's doing what now? :unsure:

Psycho_Sid
06-18-2007, 12:00 AM
He's doing what now? :unsure:

Don't embress FinAtic like that.

slickj101
06-18-2007, 05:10 AM
People just keep bringing up Quinn struggling because it shuts up those of our fans who were morons enough to boo when we didnt pick him up. Im not sayin keep bashin him but these recent developments are a big middle finger to all the experts who hated on our draft so i definetly am enjoying that.

Martel
06-20-2007, 04:57 AM
Ay who saw him throw out those pitches? NO JOKE I can throw a baseball harder than him. He was trying too cuz his shoe came off the second time

SpurzN703
06-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Maybe now the Ginn haters/ Quinn lovers will FINALLY start to can it and begin to have SOME trust in this coaching staff!!!

I'd actually wait at least until Quinn starts to play before deciding if not picking him in the draft was a good move or not

SpurzN703
06-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Beck is also #3 on our depth chart. Even we had gone for Quinn I would still have expected Cam to go after Green.

Ginn, Satele and Booker inject something into our offense that we havent had for a while. I like the draft; perhaps another OL man early on would have been great but we have needs in most areas.

Yes Beck is the 3rd QB and rightfully so. He has to earn his way to the top. No way he beats Green at this point, and that's how it's supposed to happen

CDNPHIN
06-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Would LOVE to see Quinn start week six!

shinerm02
07-04-2007, 07:06 AM
The fact is whoever starts will be loved when he throws 4 touchdowns and no picks in the first game.